Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody see Land of the Dead?

Walking Deadman

If you are a zombie movie fan, you might like it. However, if you are just going to see it like me, you will probably hate it. The story was weak and the acting was just as bad. I thought Dawn of the Dead was better. I say you save your $10 and wait for the DVD.

For a zombie movie the story was pretty good, the acting of the main characters was pretty good, and if you like zombie flicks go see it and have a great time. I saw it and liked it a lot.

I don't know if it's better then "Dawn of the Dead" because you get no "OMG ZOMBIES" feeling that comes with movies concerning the initial zombie attack. In this movie zombies are a reality that the characters are aware of and somewhat adjusted to.

I don't think a zombie movie will ever be overall better in all categories then Dawn of the Dead(the original) but Land of the Dead had Romero's fingerprints all over it, which seperates from a lot of the modern day zombie flicks. Yes it was worth seeing it. I am still anticipating his next zombie flick, Diamond Dead.

I wonder how many members of the general, casual film universe have seen Land of the Dead, yet not Night/Dawn/Day....sure it isn't absolutely necessary but there seemed to be some people in the theater that were confused and thought that Land of the Dead was it's own movie and not part of Romero's dead series.

I question this mainly because Land of the Dead being about the next step in dealing with the Zombie situation doesn't play out like your typical "guy wakes up sees a zombie climb out of the grave, runs away mass panic ensues" formula, because this movie is set in a time where the zombie problem has existed for awhile.

Speaking of Zombie flicks, who has seen Fulci's "Zombi 2" aka "Zombie" as released in America. The story behind this flick is funny. Dawn of the dead was released in Italy as "Zombie" so Fulci went to make a sequel to it called "Zombi 2" but since Romero was already making Day of the Dead(the sequel to Dawn) studios forced him to change the name for the american release.

I saw Night of the Dead many moons ago, but none of the other Romero films. The order is Night, Dawn, Day, Land, yes? May be obvious, but just want to make sure.

Also, I thought there was a blurb at the end of 'Night' that it was some sort of temporary astronomical phenomenon causing the zombies?

Originally posted by NoCalMike

Speaking of Zombie flicks, who has seen Fulci's "Zombi 2" aka "Zombie" as released in America. The story behind this flick is funny. Dawn of the dead was released in Italy as "Zombie" so Fulci went to make a sequel to it called "Zombi 2" but since Romero was already making Day of the Dead(the sequel to Dawn) studios forced him to change the name for the american release.

I've seen that flick. My bro is a huge zombie fan, and has just about every zombie movie ever made. Btw, that movie was AWFUL, lol. The gratuitous violence cracked me up. Remember when the lady is hiding in the closet, and the zombie shatters the door and they do a close-up slow motion scene of a piece of the door penetrating her eye? Only the freaking Italians!!:laugh:

Land of the Dead was pretty good. There were a few things they could have done better, but I still enjoyed it. (Of course, I am a Romero and zombie movie fan, too.)

I thought the new Dawn of the Dead did a pretty good job of really making the zombies into fast, scary things, but it still does not top the original for story development. When I was a kid, I loved the idea of being holed up in a mall and sniping away at zombies. Wait, I still like that idea. ;-)

Yes, the order of the movies are Night, Dawn, Day, and finally Land. Did someone say he Romero is making another zombie flick after Land? Is it separate or part of the series?

I enjoyed 28 days later - I hear a sequel is in the works.

Originally posted by jrockster77

Night, Dawn and Day of the dead are f-ing hilarious. I don't know how anyone can take them seriously......I think of them as comedies. :)

If you think of Night of the Living Dead as a comedy, you have some serious issues my friend :laugh:

Archived