Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The new Dodge Charger

LiveStrongSkins

Should I buy an '03-'04 Ford Explorer?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should I buy an '03-'04 Ford Explorer?

• Yes, its a good vehicle.
    • No, don't waste your money.

Today when taking my girlfriends neon to the dealer for some work, they had the new charger sitting in the workshop. I got to test drive it and sit in it, and i must tell you that is one hell of a vehicle. The interior with the touchscreen and zoom GPS, killer system and a flip up DVD player for the people in the back. The Hemi engine is awesome and the whole look of the car is impressive. Not to mention the 22 inch rims that were on it. If i had the money i would get it right now. After all the taxes and extra costs is was 33,000. Expensive as heck but not as bad as i would have thought.

I haven't seen one personally, but the fact that you can only get an automatic transmission is a real turn off. Hopefully it is just an early production thing and they will come with a 6 speed for the next model year. Another thing that bothers me is that to get the deluxe model, you have to get the brightly painted Daytona model. Nothing against that, but I prefer common black.

One other thing, I would really love to see a 2 door model. It'll be interesting to see how they change the model, or what the rumored 'Challenger' model will offer.

I'm watching this closely. I love my GTO, but it won't last forever.

Originally posted by Phantasm

I haven't seen one personally, but the fact that you can only get an automatic transmission is a real turn off. Hopefully it is just an early production thing and they will come with a 6 speed for the next model year. Another thing that bothers me is that to get the deluxe model, you have to get the brightly painted Daytona model. Nothing against that, but I prefer common black.

One other thing, I would really love to see a 2 door model. It'll be interesting to see how they change the model, or what the rumored 'Challenger' model will offer.

I'm watching this closely. I love my GTO, but it won't last forever.

A 2 door model would be nice along with a manual transmission. Im sure those changes will be made in the future models. I agree with the black. The one i test drove was black and with 22 inch rims, it was a thing of beauty

Charger SE & SXT

3.5-liter high-output V6 engine

250 horsepower, 250 lb-ft of torque

Charger R/T

5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine with MDS

340 horsepower, 390 lb-ft of torque

Charger SRT8

6.1-liter HEMI® V8 engine

425 horsepower, 420 lb-ft of torque

enlarge_10.jpg

Doesn't look too hot IMO. Too much like a hooked up family car.

My Dad and I saw it at Daytona in February and neither one of us was too impressed seeing them in-action on a temporary course in a shopping center parking lot. You could wait in a rather long line to take a 5-10 minute drive in one (as well as some other more sporty Chrysler product) as a passenger. It really did look more like a hopped-up family car than a modern version of the Charger. If people are gonna' dog the current GTO, you can't let this one slide. I'd rather have the GTO if given a choice between the two. At least you can get a manual transmission with the Pontiac.

Nick

The picture posted by Om was the Charger prototype that Dodge introduced at some of the auto shows. The prototype always looks awesome to drum up interest and the actual car may or may not look the same once it gets to production. A lot of people are disappointed with the actual car because the prototype made it seem like it was going to be an all new car, but instead it is basically just Dodge version of the Chrysler 300.

Archived