Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Teen Faces Life Sentence For Helping Girlfriend End Pregnancy

twa

Originally posted by airborneskins

Dude, You're 18.. What do you know about idiot politicians? You're only 18 for pete's sake.

Liberty may be 18 but he shows more brains and knowledge than most people on this board, even when you disagree with him.

Originally posted by Liberty

probably more than most people

Using precious brain cells on idiot politicians is a waste, unless some day you want to be an idiot politician yourself. I waste tons of brain cells on sports, video games, and movies so I shouldn't be talking.

Guys, don't divert attention from the topic.

And someone's age, while it can factor into maturity, knowledge and wisdom, does not mean they don't have the ability to form an intelligent opinion(or the right to form a stupid one, if they wish.)

Originally posted by NoCalMike

This is why mandatory minimum sentences are fing ridiculous. Of course over the last decade it has mostly been used in drug cases which have produced equally horrible sentences.

I agree for the most part. Obviously drug cases are really dumb because the entire WoD is ridiculous and is probably more responsible than any other public policy venture for the erosion of civil liberties, wasteful spending and increase in the police state since its inception(far more than the war on terror or anything of the like)

BUT, I would say that I think mandatory minimums/sentences are legitimate for actual murder cases, child rape and serial rapists.

Originally posted by endzone_dave

The story doesn't say how far into her pregnancy she was but since she didn't get get an abortion, I'm guessing she was far along into it. To me, ending the life of twins who were only a few months away (maybe less) of being born by pounding on them is sick.

"Basoria told authorities that, after about four months of pregnancy"

:logo:

This guy definitely deserved to be punished though I am not sure about the harshness of the sentence. I mean their are cold blooded murderers that only get 25-30 years. This kid shouldve got 30 years in prison, even that may be a bit harsh to some here but it would serve a purpose, that you CANT cheat the system and murder babies like this. Its about sending a message, thats what most of law is, is sending a message to others. Still, the life sentence definitely doesnt seem justified though the crime is sick in more ways than one.

It just seems hypocritical to me really, boyfriend stomps on gf's stomach illegally or scissors jammed in back of babies head legally. Hmmm

Archived