Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favorite Redskins Jersey?

FARAPS

i wanted to know what jersey people liked better, our normal home and away jerseys with the redskin head on the helmet, or our 2003 alternate jersey with the arrowhead on the helmet and jersey. i always liked the arrowhead one better, i think it is a cooler logo and i like the darker burgundy jersey better as well as the arrowhead on the sides. i wish that we made that our regular jersey or at least wore it more often. what do you guys all think?

I would like us to wear Red more. We only wear Red at Dallas because Dallas, like the Skins, still wears white at home.

I don't have a problem with white, but our uniforms look so cool when they are Red because it is almost unique when the Skins do wear those uniforms.

I love the White Jerseys w/ Burgundy Pants! The great memories of 3 Super Bowl Titles and the Glory Days of the first Joe Gibbe Era. :cheers:

But I would like the see them wear the Red Jerseys for Sunday or Monday Night Games kind of like the Miami Dolphins do.

I prefer a white jersey for the following reasons:

1. A white jersey is the jersey the Redskins are currently wearing at home, and it's also the default jersey they are required to wear on the road at most venues. Therefore, the Redskins wear a jersey like this one in almost every game. For example, they wore white jerseys in 15 of 16 games last season.

2. White jerseys were worn at home during all the years Joe Gibbs was head coach of the Redskins from 1981 through 1992.

3. White jerseys were worn at home through the entire 1999 season during which the Redskins went to the playoffs, playing in two playoff games and winning the wildcard playoff contest at home at FedExField. To date, the Redskins are undefeated in post season play at FedExField.

4. White jerseys were worn in Superbowl XVII against Miami, Redskins winning 27-17. When Ronald Reagan called to congratulate the team, and Riggins, Superbowl XVII MVP, said "Ron may be President, but I'm the King.", he was wearing a white jersey.

5. When Head Coach Joe Gibbs got down on his knees on the sideline and kneeled on the grass and bowed his head and begged God to lend a hand on national TV -- seconds before Darrell Green knocked away a Minnesota pass in the last minute guaranteeing victory in the playoffs leading to Superbowl XXII, Darrell Green was wearing a white jersey.

6. White jerseys were worn in Superbowl XXII against Denver, while Doug Williams threw eleven passes, completing nine, five for touchdowns and the Redskins gained 128 yards in just seven rushing attempts -- all in the second quarter alone; Final Score: Redskins 42, Denver 10.

7. White jerseys were worn in Superbowl XXVI against Buffalo when the Redskins played a near perfect game, taking an early 24-0 lead before winning 37-24.

8. When the Redskins scored an NFL record 541 overall points in 1983, the Redskins wore white jerseys.

9. Joe Theisman (voted league MVP by AP in 1983) wore a white jersey

10. Art Monk (who set an NFL record in 1992 for career receptions, 820, and played in all four of Gibbs' Superbowl teams) wore a white jersey

11. Mark Mosley (who scored more points, 161, than any other NFL player in 1983) wore a white jersey.

12. Dexter Manley (who played on two of Gibbs' World Championship Teams) wore a white jersey.

13. Joe Jacoby (lead blocker in Riggins famous touchdown run in Superbowl XVII, and 4 time pro bowler) wore a white jersey.

14. The Fun Bunch wore white jerseys

15. The Hogs wore white jerseys.

16. A white Redskins jersey is the jersey worn by a winning Redskins football team.

To date, the Redskins are undefeated in post season play at FedExField.

:laugh: I never thought of it quite that way, but it works.

I can see it now on all the pre-game shows once the Redskins finally host another playoff game.

James Brown: "Howie, what do you think of the Cowboys' chances going into FedEx Field for this NFC divisional matchup?"

Howie Long: "Well, I don't know JB. I'll tell you one thing though. The Cowboys certainly would have been better off playing this one down in Texas Stadium. Nobody wants to go to Washington in the playoffs, especially to FedEx Field where the Skins are undefeated in playoff matchups."

Originally posted by Mark The Homer

9. Joe Theisman (voted league MVP by AP in 1983) wore a white jersey

10. Art Monk (who set an NFL record in 1992 for career receptions, 820, and played in all four of Gibbs' Superbowl teams) wore a white jersey

11. Mark Mosley (who scored more points, 161, than any other NFL player in 1983) wore a white jersey.

12. Dexter Manley (who played on two of Gibbs' World Championship Teams) wore a white jersey.

13. Joe Jacoby (lead blocker in Riggins famous touchdown run in Superbowl XVII, and 4 time pro bowler) wore a white jersey.

14. The Fun Bunch wore white jerseys

15. The Hogs wore white jerseys.

16. A white Redskins jersey is the jersey worn by a winning Redskins football team.

every redskin to ever play for us wore a whtie jersey. so did heath shuler, so did deion sanders, and, yea, you name it, they wore it. so, 9-16 shouldn't even count.

I do think its time for a change because these unis have been around since 1979 and they arent that cool. If we would change however, I would like to see them use the 70th anniversary uni, or a variation of an older uni... not some flashy stupid looking thing with weird numbers or that adds black into the mix...

first off, our uni is naturally cool, as it had the B and G on it, along with the Skins logo, thus making it cooler than any form of clothing ever assembled. second, now that they got rid of the striped socks, lets push for complete solid colors, like the ones sean taylor and clinton portis wore last year!

I am now and have always been all about our current home uniforms.

They signify the winning tradition that Coach Gibbs originally brought to this franchise. I like that we are one of very few teams who wear white at home and frankly, I just think it looks so damn sweet. We won three SB's in those uni's. I see no need to change it up. The indian head logo is unique and bada**.

The retro jersey's were a neat departure, but I feel they look a little too similar to FSU's jersey's and not quite as unique as white jersey's with the indian head logo on the helmet. I have actually gotten tired of them by now. If we switched I would hope it would be more of an old school look than some retro new school mishmash.

As far as any jersey, I like to sport the Sammy Baugh throwback personally. I love the honor the very first inductee into the HOF.

Archived