Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Authentic Jersey question.

Walking Deadman

All,

I bought an Arrington throwback from ebay a couple of months ago. I'm very happy with it (supposed to be a Reebok-- may be a bogus one, don't much care). The throwback has sown on stripes with a spear (gold stripe, then white w/spear, then gold stripe) on the sleeves......

Anyway,

went to the Redskins Store at Potomac Mills and checked out the "truly authentic" authentics and noticed that the sleeve stripes are painted on like the replicas (numbers and name stitched in-- so it was an authentic, at least it as priced as one $289).

So my question to authentic owners--- Are the stripes on the sleeves supposed to be material stiched on (Like on my throwback "authetic") or are the stripes usually screen printed or "painted" on an authentic like the replica jerseys?

Thanks,

--goskins

Originally posted by goskins

So my question to authentic owners--- Are the stripes on the sleeves supposed to be material stiched on (Like on my throwback "authetic") or are the stripes usually screen printed or "painted" on an authentic like the replica jerseys?

Thanks,

--goskins

Stripes are the same as replica's. Only the numbers and name plate are handsewn. If your jersey is a fake...it sounds like a good fake. Enjoy! :)

Originally posted by goskins

All,

I bought an Arrington throwback from ebay a couple of months ago. I'm very happy with it (supposed to be a Reebok-- may be a bogus one, don't much care). The throwback has sown on stripes with a spear (gold stripe, then white w/spear, then gold stripe) on the sleeves......

Anyway,

went to the Redskins Store at Potomac Mills and checked out the "truly authentic" authentics and noticed that the sleeve stripes are painted on like the replicas (numbers and name stitched in-- so it was an authentic, at least it as priced as one $289).

Thanks,

--goskins

My Authentic from the skins store has painted on, as i believe it should, but perhaps throw backs are throwbacks because back in the day the strips where sown. Who knows

Um, I recall that, at least several years ago, when you ordered an authentic from NFL.com, there was a small disclaimer at the bottom of the screen, to the effect that your authentic jersey would have sewn-on numbers, unless your team was the Skins or (some other team. Houston?), in which case the numbers would be silkscreened, because the Skins actual jerseys had silkscreened numbers.

Of course, that may have changed.

Not sure, as I have the same one. But I got the 70th anniversary one. I could really care less, It looks nice and it's all sewn. Dustin should be able to answer this. I know the newer Authentics might have the screened stripes on the sleeves.

Archived