Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Position & Strength of Schedule

MidPennSkin

Here's where we stand in the 2004 draft after 14 games. The following is a list of all NFL teams, sorted by won/lost percentage and strength of schedule. From this table you can see that if the season were over today, we would draft 10th in 2004. Houston and Pittsburgh have the same won/lost percentage as us, but Houston has a stronger schedule than we do and consequently would draft before us, and Pittsburgh has a weaker schedule and would draft after us.

Our loss to the Cowgirls moved us up from 11th pick last week to 10th this week. What happens in the last 2 games will of course affect the final draft position of all teams, and the playoffs will affect the final draft position of the playoff teams.

Draft%20Position.jpg

Originally posted by Flowtrain

This chart is not correctly compiled.

If teams are tied in record, the team that played the easier schedule gets the better draft pick since they are theoretically the worse team.

Right now, it wouldn't change the Skins' position.

You are right, Flowtrain, my bad. The list should look like this:

Draft Position2.jpg

Also, the link posted by SoTexSkin does not agree with my table because it is based on team's strength of schedule for the games played to date. My table gives strength of schedule for all 16 games. I would argue that my method gives a better estimate NOW of what the draft positions will be at the end of the season, but in any case, at the end of the season the two methods will agree.

If the draft were today we'd pick #10. I like that given you get a great starter without the big cap hits of top 6-7.

I also see an intersting trend. You can pretty much judge a team's success based on its strength of schedule where teams like KC, Philly, Dallas, TN, and NE have some of the lightest scheules.

Originally posted by StevieSuperior

If the draft were today we'd pick #10. I like that given you get a great starter without the big cap hits of top 6-7.

I also see an intersting trend. You can pretty much judge a team's success based on its strength of schedule where teams like KC, Philly, Dallas, TN, and NE have some of the lightest scheules.

Actually the only difference in the Eagles and Skins schedules are the Eagles play SF and GB (.500 combined), and the Skins play CHI and SEA (.500 combined). The reason the Skins SOS seems so much stronger is because they have to play Philly twice, whereas Philly has to play them. ;)

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

Actually the only difference in the Eagles and Skins schedules are the Eagles play SF and GB (.500 combined), and the Skins play CHI and SEA (.500 combined). The reason the Skins SOS seems so much stronger is because they have to play Philly twice, whereas Philly has to play them. ;)

ouch. that damned truth hurts.:hammer:

Archived