Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Embarassing...

Blade

Like Kleese, the end of the 3rd quarter was about the time that I left as well... or should I say, I was asked to leave by Maryland's finest.

A drunk Cowboys fan sitting behind me was talking smack all game. I repeatedly asked him to be quiet and enjoy the game, and let everyone else enjoy it, but it did no good. He finally got out of hand by repeated yelling at me, "I am going to f*** your mother!"

.... and my mother was sitting next to me.

Needless to say that led to a direct confrontation. I am glad to say that I didnt throw any punches, but I did knock the beer out of his hand which led to him getting tossed out. However, a few minutes later the cops came back in and tossed me out for "instigating" him...

They said they were being 'nice' because they could have stripped me of my season ticket privleges. :rollseyes:

Whatever... at least the obnoxious Poke fan was not there any more to bother the rest of the fans, or to watch his team win.

I have to admit I feel somewhat embarrassed to have been ejected, but the performance by the team certainly gave me no reason to stay out in the rain anyway.

At least now I can fit in with the DTC, right? :)

I have to admit that this is the lowest I have ever felt about being a Redskins fan... I really am about as close as I ever have been to closing up shop on my NFL fandom. I could never root for another team, but I dont know that I can root for this one much longer. How can a team so consistently let themselves show no heart against the ONE TEAM that they KNOW the fans want a win against?

I dont know how one can explain a team losing 12 of 13 to the same team with today's NFL parity... If ASF can come up with a conspiracy theory on this one, I almost certainly will jump aboard.

Until then, I will strongly consider wearing a paper bag to every home game against the NFC East.... not that it will take away any of the embarassment of paying what I do for such a poor product.

Too bad you didn't go to the game with my tix Blade. I've been trying to get out of my contract since I moved and can't. It sure would have been nice to see you be able to give a cowpuke fan the smackdown he so richly deserved AND get me "stripped" of my season tix. ;)

As for me, I've about reached that Boullez level of numbness where I'm interested in the team but don't really care what happens anymore because I've realized the futility of it all. What was it Bobby Knight said about rape....?

Blade, I'm right along with you. I'm pretty disgusted in the team I love. The lack of heart on the squad just absolutely pisses me off. Have some damn pride in yourself and go out there and try and win a ballgame that is the biggest game in the league besides the superbowl. Just like Spurrier said. There were some good individual efforts tonight. I repeat individual efforts. I think we just have too many Leon's on this team. Not everyone on the squad bleed's burgundy and gold. I'm just sick of having more heart than the guys we pay millions of dollars on the field. I've just had it.

Blade,

I was going to be at this game. Had I been there, I'd have taken care of that Cowboy fan for you :). And happily enjoyed the fun. Next time my man, next time.

Part of what I don't necessarily agree with is the sentiment that we showed no heart. I think we played with enough heart. Defensively where it usually shows up we seemed to play hard. We just got worn down and ultimately gutted because of it. The abject helplessness of the offense is difficult to swallow, I know.

I am not to the point many others here seem to be -- where they are questioning their ability to watch the team. I think this is as bad a feeling as we could have because everything seems to be going in the wrong direction. Just don't make any rash decisions the day after a bad loss.

You all know you will be excited about the offseason and anxious to see what the Redskins do from free agency, to the draft, to training camp. This season has hurt a lot of people but we will all be here during the offseason talking about what our teams are doing and what we hope they do. And next season you will be right back here again with the same emotion every new season brings. You may not think it now but you know you will.

And Blade, look what you have done with this site as a Redskin fan. Someone with that kind of passion for football and their team isn't someone I ever see abandoning their team or fandom.

Originally posted by Blade

Like Kleese, the end of the 3rd quarter was about the time that I left as well... or should I say, I was asked to leave by Maryland's finest.

They didn't get me until about mid 4th quarter.

I was leaving anyway...but watching the Cowboys duck from my snowballs (snow, not ice) was the only highlight, so I enjoyed it while I could.

Eric, I feel your pain. Keep the faith brother. If needed make a road trip down and will help you drown your sorrows.

I am proud of you for putting that Puke fan in place. If I had been there would have done that for you. Maybe you'll see

him as a patient and can take care of things......;)

That is really funny. I remeber an uproar around the 3rd quarter and I thought someone was getting ejected. I would not condone your actions, but droppinghis beer was probably the best thing you could have done for everyone. I don't know how one instigates a fight when he is forced to hear that another man wants to **** his mother. I think spilling his beer is self defense albeit the first physical act. I heard if you shout at plants all day they will not grow as well. So maybe his verbal abuses have physical implications. CHEERS TO YOU. SLUUUUUUURP!:cheers:

Sorry you had that experience on top of the one coming from the team, Eric. Next time just kick the guy right square in the nuts. That way he goes down, the cops think he's drunk, you don't have to mess with him anymore and you get the added bonus of knowing he'll piss blood for a couple of days:D

A drunk Cowboys fan sitting behind me was talking smack all game. I repeatedly asked him to be quiet and enjoy the game, and let everyone else enjoy it, but it did no good. He finally got out of hand by repeated yelling at me, "I am going to f*** your mother!"

Needless to say that led to a direct confrontation. I am glad to say that I didnt throw any punches, but I did knock the beer out of his hand which led to him getting tossed out. However, a few minutes later the cops came back in and tossed me out for "instigating" him...

They said they were being 'nice' because they could have stripped me of my season ticket privleges. :rollseyes:

Whatever... at least the obnoxious Poke fan was not there any more to bother the rest of the fans, or to watch his team win.

I have to admit I feel somewhat embarrassed to have been ejected, but the performance by the team certainly gave me no reason to stay out in the rain anyway.

At least now I can fit in with the DTC, right? :)

I have to admit that this is the lowest I have ever felt about being a Redskins fan... I really am about as close as I ever have been to closing up shop on my NFL fandom. I could never root for another team, but I dont know that I can root for this one much longer. How can a team so consistently let themselves show no heart against the ONE TEAM that they KNOW the fans want a win against?

I dont know how one can explain a team losing 12 of 13 to the same team with today's NFL parity... If ASF can come up with a conspiracy theory on this one, I almost certainly will jump aboard.

Until then, I will strongly consider wearing a paper bag to every home game against the NFC East.... not that it will take away any of the embarassment of paying what I do for such a poor product.

Being a Cowboys fan, I would like to apologize for the behavior of that Cowboys fan. Awful behavior goes beyond team loyalty, and I would have kicked his arse for you if I was there.

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

You all know you will be excited about the offseason and anxious to see what the Redskins do from free agency, to the draft, to training camp. This season has hurt a lot of people but we will all be here during the offseason talking about what our teams are doing and what we hope they do. And next season you will be right back here again with the same emotion every new season brings. You may not think it now but you know you will.

And Blade, look what you have done with this site as a Redskin fan. Someone with that kind of passion for football and their team isn't someone I ever see abandoning their team or fandom.

Tom,

I look forward to every week the Skins play, except for Dallas week. I truly have no doubts that SOMETHING is going to happen to give the Pokes the win. I have become miserable to be around during Dallas week because I KNOW the Skins will either just roll over or will find some way to give the game away. Its been like this since the season opener in '99. We've been cursed since then.

Its gone beyond logic and coincidence now... this is a nightmare of preposterous proportions for any B&G-bleeding Skins fan.

TWELVE OUT OF THIRTEEN to the pathetic Pokes?!?!

Its not hard to consider abandoning the team and the sport when there are no players or coaches who really give two-dumps about the greatest rivalry in sports. We fans can't get on the field and do something about it.... all that is left for us to do is just stop caring.

Originally posted by jhardee

As of yesterday, the rivalry is dead and the cowboys own the Redskins and Fed Ex field

No. The Rivalry died long before yesterday... it died somewhere along the ride to 10-0... I think it died in the opener of '99 when we let the Pokes come back and win from 21 down. Since then, we have been the prison-house beezitch for the Pokes. Even in the single win against them, we played so ugly that they should have won if it wasnt for the complete ineptitude of Dave Campo.

I think I will take up a new hobby... maybe learning how to do all of my own car work on my G35 coupe... at least then I will have something productive to do on Sundays.

Come on Eric keep the faith. I know it is hard, believe me I know.

There was a Cowboys hat on my desk this morning. I laughed it off, but deep inside I was burning.

Enjoy the holidays with the madam and spring always brings hope.

You can do it my friend...I have complete confidence in you.

Originally posted by Dexter's Better

If things don't get corrected soon, we are going to have local blackouts within 5 years.

I agree -- there is significantly more marketing for tix right now, and the disaster on the field sure isn't going to be selling many. Once the word gets out, it will be ugly.

or should I say, I was asked to leave by Maryland's finest.

I'm so proud. :) :cool: :applause: Good one. Don't be messin' with mom. I'm thinking you didn't need any help either Eric, though like Art, would love to have been there so....... .......... I could watch. ;) As for the rest, I'm letting a few days go by and let the sting go away and the head to clear. Then see what happens.

:cheers:

Blade,

Kudos on not kicking the crap out of the guy. My wife would be still trying to bail me out.

I also bailed at the end of the 3rd quarter, but like others have already said, I was more numb than pissed.

Eventually Snyder will get it right in DC. Nobody expected Spurrier to be this much of a flop. The Skins will be great again, just not under this coaching staff. In the meantime, enjoy your new found freedom on Sundays.

As for me, I'll still watch the last 2 games b/c I can't help myself.

:laugh:

Archived