Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DJ Swearinger Appreciation Thread

NickyJ

Keep doing the work 36, results will come.

Keep  leading from the front and setting the example.

You have started well, keep it rolling. Don't believe the press, and don't get distracted by the little accolades.

12 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Couldn't the guy just wait 2 more games before posting that, to give a much better comparison :)

Meh, he could wait 100 games...

I remember 2007 vividly (sophomore year of college). Alot of these wide open spread concepts were just starting to be run. The Patriots were most notable, running roughshod over everyone.

That was the year we got Landry, who Grilliams employed primarily in the box.  We ran a ton of Cover 1 those first 8-9 games, and Sean was basically everywhere, all at once. The GB game immediately comes to mind, where Favre threw what looked like a basic layup TD deep to Donald Driver, and there was no one in the picture, until Taylor caught up and either went over the top and intercepted it or swatted it. If you remember, people started floating the nickname "Area 51," because that's how unprecedented he was playing (along with Landry).

If Taylor was playing in his prime right now, the rate teams pass, he'd be on tear. They were just starting to put up the rock a bit more, and that year, he did something I've only seen Ed Reed do... Basically play Football Ken Ken Griffey Jr. I like Swearinger, but those stats are kinda misleading.

Archived