Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Training Camp & Preseason Twitter Thread

TSO

Rich Tandler replied

?? @Kwelsh83 1h1 hour ago

@Rich_TandlerCSN who is more likely to be Mic LB if starters are Brown/Compton?

Diane Chesebrough @DiChesebrough 27m27 minutes ago

The boys messing around before walkthroughs. Josh: "Su'a, watch the ball!" lol #Redskins #NFL #NFC https://www.instagram.com/p/BXDbBEGAAId/ 

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo 30s31 seconds ago

Cousins isn't concerned by Jordan Reed's toe injury. Says Redskins still have 6-1/2 weeks until regular season.

Nora Princiotti @NoraPrinciotti 2m2 minutes ago

Cousins' response to Jordan Reed landing on the PUP list: "Thankfully we're still about 6 weeks from Week 1."

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo 3m3 minutes ago

Cousins said he's not worried about contract situation. "We've got enough to worry about, getting this offense going."

JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayCSN 4m4 minutes ago

Cousins on Jordan Reed: Week 1 of the regular season is what really matters

George WallaceVerified account @GWallaceWTOP 1m1 minute ago

Cousins: "I feel good about the talent on the field and feel good about Jay calling plays. There's a lot of fire power." #Redskins

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo 12s13 seconds ago

Cousins says he's constantly working on becoming better at situational awareness.

Nora Princiotti @NoraPrinciotti 13s14 seconds ago

Cousins says he wants his situational awareness to improve. Thinks it's the next step in his development.

Emmanual Benton @manny_benton 1m1 minute ago

"If you win football games, everything else handles itself" - Cousins on playing with a one year deal #Redskins

Nora Princiotti @NoraPrinciotti 2m2 minutes ago

KC: "If you win football games, everything else takes care of itself...all anybody with a 1yr deal has to do is focus on winning fb games."

Cousins on loss of Garcon, Jackson: turnover is part of the league. Says Redskins have enough firepower to fine-tune things, still click.

Cousins on loss of Garcon, Jackson: turnover is part of the league. Says Redskins have enough firepower to fine-tune things, still click.

JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayCSN 4m4 minutes ago

Cousins: If you win football games, everything else takes care of itself

George WallaceVerified account @GWallaceWTOP 13s13 seconds ago

Cousins on #Redskins: "Never anything but positive feelings."

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo 1m1 minute ago

Cousins: "There's never been anything but positive feelings." adds "I'm living the dream as an NFL quarterback."

Emmanual Benton @manny_benton 2m2 minutes ago

Cousins says that there's a misconception about him "betting on himself." Says it's more so betting on the system. #Redskins

Mitch CarrVerified account @mitchcarrtv 3m3 minutes ago

Cousins: "I'm just going out there and playing, and there's nothing but positive feelings." #HTTR #RedskinsInRVA #Redskins @8News

Washington RedskinsVerified account @Redskins 19s19 seconds ago

Washington Redskins Retweeted Washington Redskins

"We stay humble & hungry." Cousins says how #Redskins' 2016 ended serves as a motivator for success in 2017.

JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayCSN 50s50 seconds ago

Cousins: We do feel like a lot rides on this season

Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins: "It helps that my whole story has been about this. I was never given 5 stars and 20 scholarships as a sophomore. .. every year it was, I don't know what's going to happen."

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJohn Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayCSN 1m1 minute ago

Important note from Cousins: The van continues to live on

Diane Chesebrough @DiChesebrough 21s21 seconds ago

Cousins was impressed w/Terrelle Pryor early on even before the Cleveland game & that just solidified things #Redskins #NFL #SkinsCamp

Nora Princiotti @NoraPrinciotti 51s52 seconds ago

Cousins on BU CTE study: "It was interesting to read about." Says he'd like to know the % of football players whose families didn't..

Dianna RussiniVerified account @diannaESPN 1m1 minute ago

Redskins coaches tell me they are not too concerned about Jordan Reeds's big toe injury...he's expected to be back during preseason

George WallaceVerified account @GWallaceWTOP 3m3 minutes ago

Cousins: "The van lives on." #Redskins

Craig HoffmanVerified account @CraigHoffman 2m2 minutes ago

Kirk says the first time he met Pryor was before last season in line at a Starbucks at a rest stop in Ohio. Both were on their way to camp.

Emmanual Benton @manny_benton 3m3 minutes ago

"Confidence comes from competence" wise words from Jay Gruden via Cousins #Redskins

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy 4m4 minutes ago

Breaking Burgundy Retweeted Emmanual Benton

Nice little @VirginiaTire plug by the Redskins QB.

Breaking Burgundy added,

Emmanual Benton @manny_benton
Cousins confirms that he drove the van here to camp. Jokes that Virginia auto tire has been keeping it alive. #Redskins

Mason_FosterVerified account @Mason_Foster 5m5 minutes ago

Happy BornDay to my real brotha @_HBK_J

Nora Princiotti @NoraPrinciotti 6m6 minutes ago

Cousins, baby on the way, says "If [Phil Rivers] can do it, I can do it."

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo 7m7 minutes ago

Cousins talking about impending fatherhood. "I think Philip Rivers has eight kids. If he can do it with eight, I can do it with one."

JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayCSN 8m8 minutes ago

Analysis: Cousins is funny today.

Nora Princiotti @NoraPrinciotti 9m9 minutes ago

Cousins on BU CTE study: "It was interesting to read about." Says he'd like to know the % of football players whose families didn't..

Chris Russell @Russellmania621 1h1 hour ago

Chris Russell Retweeted Erin Hawksworth

Everyone has raved about his work ethic from Cleveland. .Certainly seems that way here. Huge positive. #Redskins

Chris Russell added,

Erin HawksworthVerified account @ABC7Erin
Pryor told me he didn't take a vacation this offseason. Only day off he takes is Sunday to recover his legs. Gotta respect that work ethic.

The @Redskins have waived (injured) Houston Bates. Gruden says they needed the roster spot. Bates tore his ACL in December 2016. #HTTR

Gruden time. Said teams signed TE E.J. Bibbs today as they deal with Jordan Reed starting camp on the PUP list. #Redskins

JakeKring-Schreifels Retweeted Stephen Czarda

Gruden said it's possible the #Redskins re-sign Bates at the end of the year once he is fully healthy. Suffered an ACL injury vs. Panthers.

JakeKring-Schreifels added,

DFw2If1XkAM4e7T.jpg
Stephen CzardaVerified account @SCzardaRedskins
#Redskins sign TE E.J. Bibbs, waive LB Houston Bates with failed physical designation. ?: http://bit.ly/2vNd80E 

The Redskins waived linebacker Houston Bates and signed tight end E.J. Bibbs. Bates suffered a torn ACL in December. The Redskins needed more tight ends with Jordan Reed on the physically unable to perform list and Vernon Davis nursing a sore hamstring.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJohn Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

Funny moment as Vernon Davis walked into the tight end group and literally introduced himself to EJ Bibbs.

DFw-8w4XYAgGs9v.jpg

Liz Clarke Retweeted Ashburning

Temp right at 88, and a nice breeze

Liz Clarke added,

Ashburning @johnnylocal
Replying to @lizclarketweet
Temp> 88?
12:35 PM - 27 Jul 2017 from Richmond, VA

Archived