Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins/Eagles game in Philly.. Is it safe for Skins fans?

TGibson810

I would be a little worried. Poor Chief Zee got beaten up once. In 1983, Chief Zee attended a game versus the Eagles at Veterans Stadium. While at the game, he was attacked by angry Philly fans, who broke his leg, tore off his original costume, and left him hospitalized.

HTTR

I would be a little worried. Poor Chief Zee got beaten up once. In 1983, Chief Zee attended a game versus the Eagles at Veterans Stadium. While at the game, he was attacked by angry Philly fans, who broke his leg, tore off his original costume, and left him hospitalized.

HTTR

If I remember correctly he didn't have any health insurance, and the Redskins stepped up and paid his medical bills. That shows what a great owner Mr. Cooke was; I can't see Danny Boy doing something like that. Not to mention that the Eagles' stance was pretty classless as well. Not only are the fans sociopaths up there, but the team didn't do anything for the guy; not even a get well card. That shows my issue with the entire Philadelphia thing. For so many years, we heard horror stories about Skins fans getting rough treatment up there. You'd think that after awhile, the Eagles might get sick of the negative publicity (it wasn't only Skins fans that got treated poorly) and do something about it. They have the judge and jail, and while that's a start, they have a long way to go. The security guards and ushers sit there and laugh when away fans are "given the business." I'm not saying that people should get tossed for good natured ribbing (because we all do that at FedEx), but when things start getting thrown and bones start getting broken, there's a problem and a line needs to be drawn. When people need to start threads like this just to find out if it's safe, there's a problem. My cousin up in the northern part of MD is a die-hard Dallas fan. He got out of college in the mid-1990's, and immediately started working for MBNA in Wilmington, Del, which is now owned by Bank of America. They've always had season tickets for all Philadelphia team, and at first he'd always take the Dallas game. After a few years, he told me that he'd never go back there to see the Cowboys play. He had to get stiches one year because someone slammed a glass bottlle into the back of his head (when they used glass bottles). So he refuses to set foot inside the Linc ever again, and I can't say I blame him.

I'm red, that's my color, or should I go as a different color, what color do you suggest!!!!

It really doesn't matter one way or the other. If they're going to do something to you, they're going to do it whether you're wearing red or white. Just go in there, root for the Skins, and don't instigate anything. Be prepared to get verbally harrassed, and be prepared to hear your mother verbally insulted. But unless someone hits you with something or physically strikes you, don't fight back or anything. I hate to say that, but that's probably the best way to go about doing things.

To the OP regarding this quote:

Why even put yourself through this ****? Eagles fans have so much pent up aggression fromnot winning anything, that they do what an abused child does to their son when they have one. They beat on him.

This is what you should do.. trust me:

1. Log on to stub hub and sell the seat for a bit over face value.

2. Use money for sold ticket and log onto stub hub again

3. Purchase Fed Ex field tickets to an Eagles Skins game for face value.

4. Enjoy the away game in the comfort and safety of your own

5. Use the profits to buy beer for your tailgate.

or, you could go to the game and deal with the **** above. Easy choice if you ask me.

Don't forget to buy your girlfriend something nice, she bought you the tickets and believe me, she will never let you forget that you sold the tickets she bought.

Not to mention that the Eagles' stance was pretty classless as well. Not only are the fans sociopaths up there, but the team didn't do anything for the guy; not even a get well card. That shows my issue with the entire Philadelphia thing.

Well technically they gave him a "sincere" apology and invited him to the next skins/eagles game... in which he got a beer thrown in his face.

Bravo Eagles! :applause:

It really doesn't matter one way or the other. If they're going to do something to you, they're going to do it whether you're wearing red or white. Just go in there, root for the Skins, and don't instigate anything. Be prepared to get verbally harrassed, and be prepared to hear your mother verbally insulted. But unless someone hits you with something or physically strikes you, don't fight back or anything. I hate to say that, but that's probably the best way to go about doing things.

My response was not about the color of the redskins jersey but the color was suppose to represent ethhnicity, I was being sarcastic because the quote that I quoted said " and don't be colored, they don't like THEM"

I'm sure he wasn't talking about team color when he said "Them"

I have a question. If there are so many incidents, people getting hit with bottles, spit on, having urine thrown on them, whatever...why hasn't anyone ever sued the Eagles organization or the NFL? If the problems are that long standing (I can't believe for a second that ownership hasn't heard some of the stories) and they don't have adequate security in place, are they not liable for the safety of all fans?

I would think a multi-million dollar judgement would wake Jeffrey Lurie up and force him to make changes. I'm not an advocate of lawsuits in general, but something that occurs over time and is never dealt with is probably grounds for one. Unless by purchasing a ticket, there's some fine print saying that attending a game as a visiting fan causes you to have to leave your dignity at the door and suffer whatever happens to you.

1. Root for the Redskins during the game, don't EVER BASH the Eagles.

2. Pregame - Tailgate at the above mentioned tailgate, or don't plan on tailgating, just walk right into the stadium when it opens up (i believe 11:30 or 10:30?)

3. you will start @$$hole chants, f%@k you chants, and hear every curse and dis you can think of from your car to the stadium just by walking, don't let it bother you just walk right by.

4. If anything soft like popcorn or something gets thrown at you, then ignore it. anything that hurts, fight at your own risk! Hehe.

5. don't go to the bathroom at halftime!

The worst things that happened to me were:

1. A beer cup thrown at me, right in the head. but it was empty and didnt hurt obvoiously, i didnt even turn around to look at it. Also popcorn same day.

2. I went to the bathroom right before halftime. I waited in line for 10 minutes before I was next to go. I was hearing crap the ENTIRE time I was in there, and nervous about the big dude behind me. Well he was the nicest (at the time) out of all of them…he talked football the entire time and was saying nice things about the skins. The only problem though, once I was next in line…he got me by the back of my jersey, and drug me (I willingly just went with it after he told me I was going to end up in the back of the line somehow), and he put me in the back of a longer line (about 15 minute wait). He was cheered as he walked up front to take my spot… 

i would've just pissed on the dude and any other eagles fans that were in the way:eaglesuck

My response was not about the color of the redskins jersey but the color was suppose to represent ethhnicity, I was being sarcastic because the quote that I quoted said " and don't be colored, they don't like THEM"

I'm sure he wasn't talking about team color when he said "Them"

My bad. That post sort of threw me off too. Quite frankly, I don't think it matters if you're white, black, latino, etc...if you're not wearing Eagle green they hate you.

I have a question. If there are so many incidents, people getting hit with bottles, spit on, having urine thrown on them, whatever...why hasn't anyone ever sued the Eagles organization or the NFL? If the problems are that long standing (I can't believe for a second that ownership hasn't heard some of the stories) and they don't have adequate security in place, are they not liable for the safety of all fans?

I would think a multi-million dollar judgement would wake Jeffrey Lurie up and force him to make changes. I'm not an advocate of lawsuits in general, but something that occurs over time and is never dealt with is probably grounds for one. Unless by purchasing a ticket, there's some fine print saying that attending a game as a visiting fan causes you to have to leave your dignity at the door and suffer whatever happens to you.

That's a great point. Ultimately, until someone with deep enough pockets sues them, it's going to continue. And furthermore anyone with deep pockets is going to be sitting in a suite, or at worst in the club level. Seriously, anyone that goes to the game up there this season that gets assaulted should get the Redskins involved. (I'm not talking about taunting or anything like that...if you get bruised, spat on, urine thrown at you, etc.) Not that they have any liability or anyway to stop it, but if enough people said something perhaps the Redskins would be willing to get involved and put some pressure on the Eagles organization to make things safer. We're not the only fanbase that has these problems at their stadium...I've spoken to fans of many other teams that have been abused in Philly, and the stories are the same. They hate us and the Giants the most since we're closest to them geographically, and we have Super Bowls and they don't.

A buddy of mine is cool with Westbrook so he goes to several Philly games a year. He invited me to go to the game and hang out but I haven't gone yet. Personally, I have a bad temper and a low tollerance for disrespect. I could care less about the name calling but if someone put their hands on me, I'd flip out. I've been known to handle myself fairly well so I wouldn't be concerned about one or two unruly fans...but there's no way I'd be able to take on several punk azz eagles fans by myself. It's not worth going in my opinion. Having my fiance with me would make it 10x worse because of my concern for her safety. I already know that I'd lose it in that environment so to avoid getting jumped or arrested I'll stay here.

yea its no doubt phillys fans are just idiots...i live out here in dallas (moved here 5 years ago) and the most i have to deal with is a few idiots at texas stadium, but if you defend your team and dont just sit there while they taunt you and throw things they will respect you just dont go to there level:helmet: :eaglesuck :dallasuck :gaintsuck

Glad this thread popped up, because I am going to the game this year as well. And I'm taking my wife! It will just be the two of us, no other reinforcements. She isn't a big Skins fan necessarily, but I got her a Portis jersey that she wears out of courtesey for me :) I am debating telling her to go incognito, but if I have my jersey on and she's with me, I think they'll put two and two together.

I've been to two games in the Vet...once when I was a little kid and again in 1995 to see a Skins-Eagles game. We lost that game in OT and we were WAY up in the upper level, but I don't recall anything horrible taking place to me personally....but they DID literally set a Redskins hat on fire in our section.

I'm thinking about splurging for club seats to this game...for anyone who knows...is that a better idea?

Kleese, I've sat in the club level for three out of the four Skins-Eagles games I've been to at the Linc (thankfully missed the one in '06, and sat in the LL for last year's MNF). It does seem like the people in the club are more laid back. A couple of the years I sat behind a guy who lived in Miami but flew up for the Eagles home games, and had good conversations with him. I also think that the Linc's club level beats the hell out of ours, even with Snyder improving FedEx's somewhat this offseason.

Stay in a group of Redskins fans. Have been there twice for Skins games. ONe at the Vet and one at the Stinc. Get ready to see stupidity and drunkeness at its absolute peak. Imagine the biggest drunken idiot Redskin fan at Fed Ex, multiply it by 2 and then imagine 60,000 of them in green ready to fight. That's what an Eagles game is like. It really is an embarrassment to society. I'll never go back.

The Eagles fans would be ecstatic to learn how scared of them we are. Don't please them by being cowards... Go and cheer just like you were at home. And wear your colors... I hate Skins fans who stick to neutral colors hoping to go unnoticed. Yeah you'll get verbally harassed, no doubt... but they still can't do anything too illegal... and the guards generally look out for your well being. It's still an experience, to say the least... and you'll probably come back with some good stories.

I figured this thread would be dead by now.

I was there in '05 and '06 with my young teenaged daughter. See my smiling face in post #1 of the Show Yourselves sticky in the tailgate forum with Tarhog and Blade. Yessir, that's a Brunell gamer I'm wearing. :) I was too naive to know that you don't wear cherished jerseys to the Linc. Wear the most beat up POS replica or counterfeit jersey you have, and a crappy ball cap too.

Is it safe? It seems to be generally safe. No blood was spilled on either trips. From what I read, the '07 trip was okay too. Lots of verbal intimidation though. Eggs too (none landed on me). Lost a ball cap over the upper deck railing one game. Had sauce thrown at me in the stands. Somebody had a tire valve core removed so their tire went flat. My magnets were stolen (my fault, I forgot and left them on, alcohol was involved). My Redskins chair case was taken (stolen) right in front of us -- the Eagles fan laughed and ran off with it.

This game at the linc is for super hard core Redskins fans who are ready to deal face to face with Eagles fans on their home turf. They have a rep and they're proud of it, and they'll do what they can, whatever they can, to get a reaction out of you. There are no limits to what they will say to you. If you're capable of turning the other cheek, you'll be ok. If you tend to get angry easily, maybe stay home.

Archived