Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Odell Thurman

SkinzFan007

Looks like the Bengals will cut Odell Thurman. I'd love if we took a hard look at bringing him in. He had an INCREDIBLE rookie year and sat out this year for violating substance abuse rules. Looks like Marvin will make an example out of him. The Bengals D might have been a lot better if Odell had played. He's a monster and some of my bengals friends are real pissed about losing him.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5823

While calling his performance, “bad,” Lewis said his 30th-ranked defense needs an identity, called the emergence of Carson Palmer as a leader despite his injury “unparalleled,” and said off-field problems didn't spill on field. He also indicated his three coordinators return and he has no plans for Odell Thurman to join them.

“Odell is not a member of this football team. He's on suspension by the NFL,”: said Lewis of the year-long substance abuse sentence compounded by a DUI. “ He's got a long road to go. I'm not going to spend any time talking about Odell…I don't see it on our horizon.”

Career Stats

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/422348

Year Team G Total Tkl Ast Sacks Int Yds Avg Lg TD Pass Def

2005 Cincinnati Bengals 16 98 64.0 34 1.5 5 59 11.8 30 1 4

I don't think everyone in a Skins uniform needs to be a saint, but Thurman's got some serious bagage going back to UGA where he was kicked off the team at one point. He got a DUI while serving his drug suspension. You can't depend on a guy like him.

I would like us to take a look to, but around here (extremeskins.com) you have to be a perfect human next to GOD or Gibbs to play for the Skins, so you will get blasted for even posting this. Good Luck!!!

Yeah, we don't need character guys around here. We need someone who spends half their time suspended or in jail. :rolleyes:

Brilliant.......

Yeah, we don't need character guys around here. We need someone who spends half their time suspended or in jail. :rolleyes:

Brilliant.......

Theres just as many players in the NFL that made bad decisions and then turned it around as there are that didn't. You have to face the fact that there aren't many Marvin Harrisons in the NFL and you dont need an entire roster of them to win.

Theres just as many players in the NFL that made bad decisions and then turned it around as there are that didn't. You have to face the fact that there aren't many Marvin Harrisons in the NFL and you dont need an entire roster of them to win.

So....who's Cincy playing in the playoffs this year??

Oh that's right, those talented but troubled players they have didn't make it to the show and now Marvin Lewis is on the hot seat for his questionable player acquisitions.

I would like us to take a look to, but around here (extremeskins.com) you have to be a perfect human next to GOD or Gibbs to play for the Skins, so you will get blasted for even posting this. Good Luck!!!

I don't think this is true. Joe has taken some guys in the past who were less than saints. He wants guys who care about football and are character people from a work ethic and team sense (although how he signed Lloyd is still beyond me). That said this guy looks like trouble to me. We have to be careful about selling our souls out of the desperation 5-11 creates. Philly and dallas tried that with TO, St Louis tried it with Lawrence Phillips, and recently Denver tried it with maurice Claurette. It just doesn't work. I have to admit I don't know who this Odell guy is but Marvin Lewis isn't throwing him in the trash for nothing if he can play as well as this thread seems to suggest. :eaglesuck

So....who's Cincy playing in the playoffs this year??

Oh that's right, those talented but troubled players they have didn't make it to the show and now Marvin Lewis is on the hot seat for his questionable player acquisitions.

That has to be one of the dumbest post i have hear ever....

So what about the redskins with all of these model citizens who went 5-11 with the honest to god coach and choir boy QB?..

Oh yeah we missed the playoffs because we were without our rebel starting RB and got rid of all of our bad ass rude boys from the defense...:rolleyes:

I would love odell thurman....

If dexter manley can play for gibbs why cant thurman?...

The funny thing i was talking about this today with a friend of mine.I told him we need a MLB then i said Odell Thurman might be cut.I agree he has some problems,but he might come cheap and we should think about taking a chance.

Whats taking a chance?

Is that the same thing people do when they start the year with young QB's and LB's they traded for and go for it on fourth downs?

if so it may never happen here....:doh:

Whats taking a chance?

Is that the same thing people do when they start the year with young QB's and LB's they traded for and go for it on fourth downs?

if so it may never happen here....:doh:

I mean we take chance on other players Lloyd and Arch(busts).So whats one more bust.Just don't give him #1 LB money.There is nothing wrong with FAs that don't work out.We just over pay them thats our only problem.

Just read this quote in Yahoo! Sports and thought it appropriate

"The biggest thing I took away from that whole New England experience was the value of character," Mangini said. "The locker room was filled with character. To me, character wins. Character is important not just when you're winning, but really when you are losing and things are tough and it's hard to come to work. … When you're down a lot of points, those are the guys that continue to fight."

"Just because Odell Thurman is a character doesn't mean he has character"

- Mr. Wolf

yeah

god forbid we have some class

SIGN THE CRIMINAL,WHO CAN'T PUT THE BOTTLE DOWN

He can play but doesnt seem like a Gibbs guy. If all those other thugs can remain on the Bengals roster I dont want to touch this guy.

Exactly.

I think Gibbs would want more character out of a free agent. I mean, I'm not questioning Thurman's talent. What I question is his ability to stay out of trouble.

Thurman is an absolute monster on the field, and would go a LONG way to fixing our defense. Who the hell wants a NICE middle linebacker anyway?

Maybe he learned his lesson being forced to sit for a season.

If he's available, he's too good to pass on. They have to look at him.

Character shmaracter.

I'll remind everyone that Mike Sellers was out of football, and part of the reason why was because he got busted with some weed in Cleveland.

Oh no! what a bad guy! We would NEVER be able to use him!

then all of a sudden Gibbs signs him. (The first player Gibbs signed when he came back, by the way,, right after hiring Gregg Williams he signed Sellers.)

Now he's one of the best Redskins we have.

for an indicator as to how little I think of Odell's brushes with the law... all of you raise your hand if you've ever been busted DWI.

Don't lie now. It's a LOT of us, isn't it? A LOT of us make a mistake or two when we're young, don't we?

do you think YOUR brush with DWI makes you a bad person, do you have bad character because of a couple of mistakes?

Come on in O'Dell. I'll pick you up from the airport if you need a ride to Redskins Park.

~Bang

Thurman is an absolute monster on the field, and would go a LONG way to fixing our defense. Who the hell wants a NICE middle linebacker anyway?

Maybe he learned his lesson being forced to sit for a season.

If he's available, he's too good to pass on. They have to look at him.

Character shmaracter.

I'll remind everyone that Mike Sellers was out of football, and part of the reason why was because he got busted with some weed in Cleveland.

Oh no! what a bad guy! We would NEVER be able to use him!

then all of a sudden Gibbs signs him. (The first player Gibbs signed when he came back, by the way,, right after hiring Gregg Williams he signed Sellers.)

Now he's one of the best Redskins we have.

for an indicator as to how little I think of Odell's brushes with the law... all of you raise your hand if you've ever been busted DWI.

Don't lie now. It's a LOT of us, isn't it? A LOT of us make a mistake or two when we're young, don't we?

do you think YOUR brush with DWI makes you a bad person, do you have bad character because of a couple of mistakes?

Come on in O'Dell. I'll pick you up from the airport if you need a ride to Redskins Park.

~Bang

see thats why you are the man bang. more people should listen to this guy!

Archived