Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FOX 'Red-Hot Redskins'

Carlito Sway

Bubba,

I know all this media love makes you as uncomfortable as it does me. I just keep reminding myself that Gibbs is here...

I seem to have a vague recollection of the Redskins being very much respected by the media in the 80's - but that was so long ago, I am also a bit norvous when I hear the media casting accolades our way...

HTTR !!

On the other hand, media coverage is something all we fans want and they supply that demand. So when they make their "safe" calls based on wanting to look good, but then actually have the willingness to come back and call themsleves out on it, I have no prob cutting them a little (tiny bit) love.

And as for it not meaning squat, a lot of fans love seeing those words, and so do some players. I say if you enjoy that stuff, let yourself go, revel in it, no sense in avoiding one of the few remaining safe and legal pleasures in life :laugh:

Exactly! We all make wrong predictions about some team, its not just the media. What I like to see in any person is coming out and saying, hey I was wrong and this team has earned and deserves respect, just like the man did.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5205146

"Now the Redskins are one of the hottest teams in the NFL, and a game away from making the tournament. And a game away from being a team nobody wants to face in the postseason.

What Joe Gibbs and his crew have done in the last four games has been nothing short of incredible."

Click the link to read the rest of this article. This will DEFINETELY make your day. Credit and apologies the whole way through...wow! :dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

The media is the biggest bunch of bandwagon jumpers out there. When Minnesota was down, everyone blasted them and their love boat. Then Brad Johnson comes in, they win a few games in a row and everyone loves them. Then, when they come back down to earth and miss out on the playoffs, everyone forgets about them. Bottom line - ESPN/writers/etc. blow winners. I wish they'd stay consistent and continue to ignore the Redskins.

WOW. I listened to Chein completely trash the Redskins on every level on Sirius radio since last summer in the preseason.....Riggins too. The guys a huge Giants homer but I've gained a bit of respect for him, coming out and eating his crow like a man instead of pulling a disappearing act like most columnists.

WOW. I listened to Chein completely trash the Redskins on every level on Sirius radio since last summer in the preseason.....Riggins too. The guys a huge Giants homer but I've gained a bit of respect for him, coming out and eating his crow like a man instead of pulling a disappearing act like most columnists.

Couldn't agrre with this post more. I even e-mailed this guy when we were 3-0 and asked for some love. but eating it now is the respectable thing to do.

I graduated from the Gibbs school of media. Page 1 states that when you are lambasted you continue to stay the course and talk about finding a way to get it done. When the media is all on your nuts diffuse all praise, talk about the team and how you need to keep focused. They could pay me as an undrafted free agent and I would teach the course.

Archived