Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs/Campbell

FlyinO

Us Georgia boys find it hard to get news on the skins, can anyone tell me what Joe saw in Jason to make him trade up to draft him? I thought this question might have been asked by the media. Kent Island rocks!!

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :helmet: :logo:

Us Georgia boys find it hard to get news on the skins, can anyone tell me what Joe saw in Jason to make him trade up to draft him? I thought this question might have been asked by the media. Kent Island rocks!!

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :helmet: :logo:

good speed, good armstrength, great decision making abilities. and yes kent island does indeed rock.

To be honest i think we moved up in the draft to get matt jones i really believe that after he got picked we chose the next option which was campbell

Nope, JG was apperently enamored with Rogers and Campbells abilities after their workouts with the team. There were many reports out of the media that Gibbs was trying to get Campbell in the draft.

Nope, JG was apperently enamored with Rogers and Campbells abilities after their workouts with the team. There were many reports out of the media that Gibbs was trying to get Campbell in the draft.

Yep, we all knew he was gonna pick Campbell, they were talking about it all day before he got drafted. Where did you think of Matt Jones?

good speed, good armstrength, great decision making abilities. and yes kent island does indeed rock.

also great size....

he's bigger than both Mark Brunell & Rat Pansey

17 Campbell, Jason QB 6-4 228

8 Brunell, Mark QB 6-1 217 13

11 Ramsey, Patrick QB 6-2 217 4

Also, take into consideration that in Jason Campbell's four years at Auburn, he had to learn a new offense every year and by the time he was a Senior, Jason showed so much maturity that he led the Tigers to a 12-0 season last year. That's very impressive to go undefeated the same season you adjust to a new offensive system. He has arm strength, speed, good presence in the pocket, great decision making capibilities, and he's very athletic.

Also, take into consideration that in Jason Campbell's four years at Auburn, he had to learn a new offense every year and by the time he was a Senior, Jason showed so much maturity that he led the Tigers to a 12-0 season last year. That's very impressive to go undefeated the same season you adjust to a new offensive system. He has arm strength, speed, good presence in the pocket, great decision making capibilities, and he's very athletic.

Actually it was 13-0

WAR EAGLE!

He's gonna be the great passer that McNabb could only dream of becoming!!!

I was watching him at the end of his senior year, thinking, "Wow, is there anyway the skins could get him!" I actually didn't think it was possible with all of the other needs we had. Then when I heard the rumors about Gibbs taking him later in the 1st round, I just knew he was bluffing.

You can imagine how thrilled I was when they finally announced his name at the podium!!!!!!! I Thought:

THAT'S RIGHT!!!!!!! NOW WE'RE IN BUSINESS!!!!!!!

And I can hardly wait to see him under center in a regular season game!!!!!!!

I actually thought Gibbs wanted matt jones too. I remember watching the combine on NFL Network, and they showed Gibbs on the phone, smiling BIG TIME when Jones was up. I felt it was either going to be Campbell or Jones all along...

Sorry, but this isn't exactly true. They did show Gibbs, but he wasn't on the phone and he wasn't smiling. He leaned over to the guy next to him and said something, but that was all.

Gibbs always thought he was a great 'character' guy. I just am not sold on Campbell. Plus I hear he's not the brightest of guys. You seen his Wonderlic scores??? Man. Not that it means much, Fitzpatrick is only 1 of 2 people to ever score a perfect 50 on that test.

I was watching him at the end of his senior year, thinking, "Wow, is there anyway the skins could get him!" I actually didn't think it was possible with all of the other needs we had. Then when I heard the rumors about Gibbs taking him later in the 1st round, I just knew he was bluffing.

Ditto. The guy flew under a lot of radars. He was the most impressive college QB from 2004. No doubt.

Anyone who would argue this did not watch the guy play.

You mean a 13-0 season last year

Cause' Gibbs knows what the heck he is doing. No other Coach has won 3 SB's with 3 different QB's and you can take that to the bank and cash it.

Yeah, this was an impressive move that will later show what a genious he is. Some think we over paid with the extra picks, but we're already saving in cap space getting him late in the 1st round. Not only that, but taking him a year in advance has given him a year to learn the system.

One more interesting point: If I'm not mistaken, I do believe that Campbell is the highest draft choice Gibbs has ever spent on a QB, and that by itself says a lot. He was licking his chops, and he went after what he wanted!

Archived