Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jeb Bush's daughter is a huuurting.

SkinsLegacy44

One interesting twist to this story: the story was broken by Jeb Bush himself, through an email to reporters.

That's one way to control bad news -- to break it yourself. Reporters love scoops, and they were scooped by the target of the scoop. Great political instincts by Jeb.

Looks like Jeb learned a thing or two watching the Clintons' long denial-a-thon.

It's not much of a scoop, it's more like gossip that you'd find in the National Enquirer. And it's sad. But I admire the fact that he's ensuring that she faces consequences. I'd do the same as I know that with addiction, the addict needs to bottom out before (s)he wants to beat the habit and gets help.

I'm not sure that the suggestion that he give up politics makes any sense at all. Is it your view that parents should quit their jobs to help their 24-year-old children out of binds? Gracious, the unemployment rate in this country would be staggering.

Jeb is helping his daughter by making sure she faces up to her problems by being dealt with appropriately by the legal system.

Thats her personal life!

It cracks me up that the same people that were defending Clinton a few years ago for perjury saying "it is his personal life" are now attacking the Bush family for stuff that should be their personal lives! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by SkinsLegacy44

Jeb Bush needs to put aside politics and get his daughter back on track before she does something really dumb. But then again, the dumbest one in the Bush family somehow ends up becoming President.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/07/17/noelle.bush.ap/index.html

I can't believe some one would use someone's problem with drug addiction to take a shot at Pres Bush because they don't care for his politics. And Democrats are supposed to be the compassionate ones right? YOU ARE A TOTAL A$$HOLE!!!

The oddity of this that I think riles some Dems. Is that the Reps for years have been preaching morality and family values and now the head of that party have two daughters who have broken the law multiple times (underage drinking) and now his brother's daughter has this problem. There is a taste of hypocrasy in this. However, I do not think that this affects their ability to be political leaders. It does cast shadows on their ability to preach about family values.

56Arrington56: "And Democrats are supposed to be the compassionate ones right? YOU ARE A TOTAL A$$HOLE!!!"

Hay 56Arrington....

How can you assume that just caz I posted an article about Drug Abuse in the Bush Family, that I am a Democrat? What logic are you implying? Anyone who picks up the newspaper and comments on the Bushs' kids and their problems with drugs and alcohol, is a democrat. You're wrong dooooonkey. This was a story that was printed in every major newspaper in the country. Me reading it and posting it, doesn't make me a bad or evil person nor does it mean that I am attacking G.W. Bush's politics. I was drawing a correlation between G.W. and his partying back in the day with the current drug & alcohol abuse by W & Jeb's daughters. I HAVE SOME ADVICE FOR YOU AND ALL OTHERS WHO WERE BITTER @ THIS POST........STOP LISTENING TO RUSH LIMBAUGH, HE'S F*NG UP YOUR LOGIC & PERCEPTION.

Jeb Bush needs to put aside politics and get his daughter back on track before she does something really dumb. But then again, the dumbest one in the Bush family somehow ends up becoming President.

Not sure I agree with this statement Legacy. I'm sure you have some addictions of your own doonnnkkeeyyyy..:high:

Should it cast a shadow on their ability to preach about family values? No. Will it, too some yes. Unfortunate. There are many times I wonder now how I survived my teens and certainly my early 20's doing what I did "despite" my parents teachings. As many a parent friend and I have discussed, you can oly do so much, preach to them till blue in the face, but the kids are eventually going to be out on their own, and the only thing parents can do is hope for the best. Many times they just have to learn for themselves.

Legacy, no pointing of the fingers here or name calling, but read the title of the thread and your post again, it can be, without listening to Limbaugh, (which I don't), interpreted as having more than one leaning to it. Incorrect or not. I mean let's be honest here :"But then again, the dumbest one in the Bush family somehow ends up becoming President.", certainly leaves the door open a little.

" I was drawing a correlation between G.W. and his partying back in the day with the current drug & alcohol abuse by W & Jeb's daughters."

And rather vaguely at that. But you did clear it up with that post.

So what you are saying is that the possible "do as I say, not as I did" plan didn't work?

Burgold,

I've come to respect you enough to say what you just posted here is utter nonsense. The difference between Bill Clinton's felonious behavior and abject immorality and the problems of the children of the Bush's or other Democrats and Republicans is completely untied and totally unhypocritical.

You see, on one hand, the children are making errors in judgement, be they adults or actual children and, I assure you, no parent anywhere is immune to such behavior. However, adults everywhere are expected to maintain a certain level of maturity and thought behind their own actions, and here is the difference between Clinton's ongoing issues and with whether Jenna and Tonic get together.

What the children of these people do, you are right, has no impact on their ability to be politicians, if we were to discover repeated affairs and cheating on one's own family by a Bush, it would cast a shadow on his ability to preach moral values or to lead. Because if you can not keep a promise to the one's closest to you, how can you to those who you've promised yourself to to get into office.

Unlike yours, at least my addictions don't involve 8 year old boys.

Now now, let's not start throwing out silly remarks just because you got your a** handed to you last night in Madden '02. I know you're still a little upset Legacy44, especially after two consecutive nights with 0 wins, but hey, let's try to be mature adults about this. Ok?

Originally posted by Burgold

The oddity of this that I think riles some Dems. Is that the Reps for years have been preaching morality and family values and now the head of that party have two daughters who have broken the law multiple times (underage drinking) and now his brother's daughter has this problem. There is a taste of hypocrasy in this. However, I do not think that this affects their ability to be political leaders. It does cast shadows on their ability to preach about family values.

This is totally baseless and wrong. It would be hypocritical for someone to say to do do something and then go and do it. Please tell me when Jeb Bush's daughter was going around telling people not to do drugs because I don't remember it. :rolleyes:

Just because someone in your family does something wrong you should be held accountable for it? Sounds like some seriously twisted logic there. If the Republicans are so bad at bringing up morality then maybe the Democrats should. Why won't they? Because they have none to begin with!

I dont see what the big deal is. Leave the family alone. This women is 24 years old. She is an adult. She has a problem that she needs to get over. There is nothing Jeb Bush can do except help her though this situation and give her support just like any other parent. The fact his daughter has a problem does not mean he is a bad parent, it does not mean he cannot talk about family values and most certainly does not mean he is not a good politician. I dont know anything about Jeb and how things are going in Florida but I do know you shouldnt judge a man on something like this.

56Arrington56: "And Democrats are supposed to be the compassionate ones right? YOU ARE A TOTAL A$$HOLE!!!"

Hay 56Arrington....

How can you assume that just caz I posted an article about Drug Abuse in the Bush Family, that I am a Democrat? What logic are you implying? Anyone who picks up the newspaper and comments on the Bushs' kids and their problems with drugs and alcohol, is a democrat. You're wrong dooooonkey. This was a story that was printed in every major newspaper in the country. Me reading it and posting it, doesn't make me a bad or evil person nor does it mean that I am attacking G.W. Bush's politics. I was drawing a correlation between G.W. and his partying back in the day with the current drug & alcohol abuse by W & Jeb's daughters. I HAVE SOME ADVICE FOR YOU AND ALL OTHERS WHO WERE BITTER @ THIS POST........STOP LISTENING TO RUSH LIMBAUGH, HE'S F*NG UP YOUR LOGIC & PERCEPTION.

Oh so you are not a democrat? So tell us all then what political leanings do you have SkinsLegacy? Also, you are about as full of sh*t as a Christmas Turkey if you think anyone is going to buy that you just posted that to inform others.

Jeb Bush needs to put aside politics and get his daughter back on track before she does something really dumb. But then again, the dumbest one in the Bush family somehow ends up becoming President

Remember this doooonkey? (You do you think you are now the Sports Junkies? MORON!!!!)

It is pretty clear to me that you used someone's problem with drug addiction to take a political shot at Pres Bush. You do have the mental capacity to understand what you write? Also, what does that being printed in every newspaper in the country have anything to do with anything? Your not a swift one are you?

Yes, it does make you a bad person to make light of someone's problems and no there is NO CORRELATION between this and what pres Bush has done. If there was you would have said something about it but you didn't! So by your logic if one of your family members is drug addict you a hypocrite and I get to call you a moron right? Yeah, makes perfect sense to me! :doh:

No, I don't listen to Rush Limbaugh either. I will say the same crap you did. How can you assume I listen to Rush Limbaugh "caz" I posted a response to your article? If anyone here needs some help with logic and perception it is you!

Originally posted by Romo sits to pee

I dont see what the big deal is. Leave the family alone. This women is 24 years old. She is an adult. She has a problem that she needs to get over. There is nothing Jeb Bush can do except help her though this situation and give her support just like any other parent. The fact his daughter has a problem does not mean he is a bad parent, it does not mean he cannot talk about family values and most certainly does not mean he is not a good politician. I dont know anything about Jeb and how things are going in Florida but I do know you shouldnt judge a man on something like this.

Thank you!! Finally, someone with some intelligence...:jump:

Okay, I admit it. It was a weak argument on my part. Just didn't really see a strong one on this topic and felt something should be said.

This is really about an adult's choices. It may speak indirectly to when a Bush says that certain issues should only be dealt with in the family and declare excluding social institutions from contributing to moral/social development. On the other hand, that's a stretch too. Unfortunately (or in some cases fortunately), the early twenties are meant to be an age of exploration and that exploration is bound to include mistakes. The danger would be if these conditions became chronic or were ignored by the family culture thus leading to self destructive or just plain destructive tendencies. If this were the case, then the ability to preach morality would indeed be colored. It is too soon to judge yet on that issue.

Secretly, I'll admit I am still stretching a bit to force a point, but what the hey.

Originally posted by 56Arrington56

Oh so you are not a democrat? So tell us all then what political leanings do you have SkinsLegacy? Also, you are about as full of sh*t as a Christmas Turkey if you think anyone is going to buy that you just posted that to inform others.

Remember this doooonkey? (You do you think you are now the Sports Junkies? MORON!!!!)

It is pretty clear to me that you used someone's problem with drug addiction to take a political shot at Pres Bush. You do have the mental capacity to understand what you write? Also, what does that being printed in every newspaper in the country have anything to do with anything? Your not a swift one are you?

Yes, it does make you a bad person to make light of someone's problems and no there is NO CORRELATION between this and what pres Bush has done. If there was you would have said something about it but you didn't! So by your logic if one of your family members is drug addict you a hypocrite and I get to call you a moron right? Yeah, makes perfect sense to me! :doh:

No, I don't listen to Rush Limbaugh either. I will say the same crap you did. How can you assume I listen to Rush Limbaugh "caz" I posted a response to your article? If anyone here needs some help with logic and perception it is you!

Hey now...settle down there champ. I'm thinking that this thread was started for a little mid-day ammusement, after all, anytime someone in politics (or their family members) do something a little off-base, everyone is going to talk about it. Legacy44 just thought it was a little amusing, and I did as well. So just settle down, pop a couple Xanax, and chill out..dooonnnnkkkkeeeeyyyyyyyy!!

56Arrington.

Sticks & Stones may break my bones, but your mom will always blow me !!!!

I guess you have no intelligent response. Figures, I didn't think you were too smart to being with. Just some dumb punk running his mouth. Also, let's get off the subject of mom's cause I just got off of yours...

Originally posted by Skins56

Hey now...settle down there champ. I'm thinking that this thread was started for a little mid-day ammusement, after all, anytime someone in politics (or their family members) do something a little off-base, everyone is going to talk about it. Legacy44 just thought it was a little amusing, and I did as well. So just settle down, pop a couple Xanax, and chill out..dooonnnnkkkkeeeeyyyyyyyy!!

First of all, who in the hell are you to tell me to settle down? I don't think making fun of someone's drug problem is amusement either. I'm sorry to hear that you have the same kind of sick sense of humor that your butt buddy Legacy44 has. You sound like a sock to me. Maybe the both of you should take long moonlight walks in the park.

Are you such a loser that you need to repeat things you hear off a radio show? huuuuuurrrrtttting...doooooonnnnkeeeeeyyyyy. How old are you 11?

Hey, you are huuuuuuurrrrrttttttiiinnnnngggggggg you doooooonnnnkkkkkeeeeeyyyyyyy. Idiot...

Originally posted by 56Arrington56

First of all, who in the hell are you to tell me to settle down? I don't think making fun of someone's drug problem is amusement either. I'm sorry to hear that you have the same kind of sick sense of humor that your butt buddy Legacy44 has. You sound like a sock to me. Maybe the both of you should take long moonlight walks in the park.

Are you such a loser that you need to repeat things you hear off a radio show? huuuuuurrrrtttting...doooooonnnnkeeeeeyyyyy. How old are you 11?

Hey, you are huuuuuuurrrrrttttttiiinnnnngggggggg you doooooonnnnkkkkkeeeeeyyyyyyy. Idiot...

Yes, I must admit, I'm an idiot. I enjoy picking little cyber fights with losers that get their panties in an uproar if someone pokes a little fun at their political party of choice. Dude, she was busted trying to get Xanax with a fake prescription. That's funny as hell, no matter how you see it donkey. She's f**king pitiful, just as you are pitiful for taking up for her. I think it's time for you to make a run up to CVS.

Originally posted by Skins56

Yes, I must admit, I'm an idiot. I enjoy picking little cyber fights with losers that get their panties in an uproar if someone pokes a little fun at their political party of choice. Dude, she was busted trying to get Xanax with a fake prescription. That's funny as hell, no matter how you see it donkey. She's f**king pitiful, just as you are pitiful for taking up for her. I think it's time for you to make a run up to CVS.

Oh look the sock is back...I have no problem with someone poking fun at a political party. I make fun of the Democrats all the time. What I do have a problem with and most others is making fun of other people with a serious life threatening problem like drug addiction. Its pretty pathetic and your pretty heartless and pathetic for making light of something like that. What you should do is say that you are wrong for making light of some else's problems and appologize for it but I doubt you have the intelligence or maturity to do that. So keep on making yourself look like an total A-hole. You are doing a pretty good job of it on your own..

dooooonnnnnkeeeeeyyyyy...huuuuurrrrrtttttiiinngggggg

Look at me! I talk just like the sports junkies. I'm cool!!

Yes, you're correct it's time for me to make a run up to CVS for you. You're going to need the extra big jar of vaseline for when you go up to WJFK to meet the Sports Junkies.

Archived