Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone been to Virginia Beach...

Johnny Punani2

I know there is a bar there called the "Hot Tuna".... oh, and just outside the Hot Tuna has the greatest little takeout chinese. I still dream about the General Tso's Chicken.

VB seemed like a shady city to me. Don't know why, but I just didn't trust the place.

Originally posted by SKINtil8tin

If you're married with 2 kids (or not) - the Outer Banks is a great laid back beach. Not alot of night-life but a good place to go if you don't like the commercial-like charecteristics of OC or VB.

i second that...

Originally posted by SKINtil8tin

If you're married with 2 kids (or not) - the Outer Banks is a great laid back beach. Not alot of night-life but a good place to go if you don't like the commercial-like charecteristics of OC or VB.

I third that.

If you like the club scene, VA beach is for you, but The Outer Banks are much nicer IMO.

Va Beach is starting to have alot of gang problems too.

As you can see from my profile, I live in Virginia Beach. As the summer starts to wind down, it is much better (less crowded because most of the tourists have gone home).

If you are coming with your family, there are a lot of family things to do around here besides just visiting the ocean. There are many parks and museums, here in Va Bch and in Norfolk.

It really depends on what you are looking for. If it is a very quiet, almost reclusive beach, the Outer Banks in NC would be a better choice. If you're looking for a beach with a lot of activities for the family, VA Bch is better. Ocean City is more expensive and much shadier than here. Just check out the over all crime rates and percentages of scams. Ocean City out numbers VA Bch in every cat.

Let me know if you want more info or specific names of parks, musems, etc. There are many places to visit that are free, as well.

Virginia Beach doesn't break. Seen the place get 15 ft swells that were pure closeouts.

Hatteras on the other hand is one of the best sand bottom breaks on the east coast. If you surf, Hatteras is the place gremmie.

I went down to VA Beach with the family over Thanksgiving a few times, and it's fairly enjoyable. Kind of dirty and seedy, however. It seems like the kind of place where you wouldn't have trouble finding a hooker and a gram of coke, which may be a plus, if you're into that sort of thing. :)

I definitely prefer the Outer Banks. It's beautiful, clean, and very family oriented. I had a cottage down in Nags Head and it was a home away from home for my wife and I early in our marriage.

As a Virginia Beach resident, i have to wonder what part of the beach you have been at or when you were there last. The beach is just fine, great restaraunts, plenty of things to do. There's always something to do for the family, plenty of shopping, museums, movies, mini golf, go-karting, water parks. Yeah, the politics in the beach need some revamping, but overall, it's a very decent place to vacation at or to live, as i can attest since i am a 30 year resident.

edit, Although, i do have to say that November is not a time for the oceanfront, but if you want a good stay over thanksgiving, Sandbridge, which is south of the resort strip offers an outer banks type experience. just my 2 cents.

Archived