Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Selling tickets?

Kaffee32

This is our first year as season ticket holders. We need to sell our tickets for the Giants and Ravens games for various reasons (Giants game way too late for my 10-year-old, and we have plans on the Ravens game day). So we are looking to sell them. My question is, what is the best way to sell them? Stubhub or the NFL Exchange? We have a parking pass, and I can't see where you can sell the tickets with the pass on the NFL Exchange. Can you not do that? Looks like I can on Stubhub,

I know there is a classifieds section here, but it looks like a lot still for sale!

Thanks for any advice!

This is our first year as season ticket holders. We need to sell our tickets for the Giants and Ravens games for various reasons (Giants game way too late for my 10-year-old, and we have plans on the Ravens game day). So we are looking to sell them. My question is, what is the best way to sell them? Stubhub or the NFL Exchange? We have a parking pass, and I can't see where you can sell the tickets with the pass on the NFL Exchange. Can you not do that? Looks like I can on Stubhub,

I know there is a classifieds section here, but it looks like a lot still for sale!

Thanks for any advice!

If you are tying to make your money back on the Giants game you are probably too late, you have to see that coming and offload night games at the beginning of the season.

It really depends on where your seats are. If you have prime lower level seats you can definitely make a profit on the Ravens game due to the local interest. The Giants game, being Monday Night Football, will not generate nearly as much interest despite the divisional matchup (Monday Night Games are a pain in the ass for anyone who can't take Monday and Tuesday off work).

Best site to gauge interest is stubhub.com

Their interactive maps lets you see what the going rates are in each section and what prices tickets have sold for.

Since you are local, you could also use craigslist.org to see if anyone wants to meet somewhere in the area for a cash exchange.

If you are tying to make your money back on the Giants game you are probably too late, you have to see that coming and offload night games at the beginning of the season.

It really depends on where your seats are. If you have prime lower level seats you can definitely make a profit on the Ravens game due to the local interest. The Giants game, being Monday Night Football, will not generate nearly as much interest despite the divisional matchup (Monday Night Games are a pain in the ass for anyone who can't take Monday and Tuesday off work).

Best site to gauge interest is stubhub.com

Their interactive maps lets you see what the going rates are in each section and what prices tickets have sold for.

Since you are local, you could also use craigslist.org to see if anyone wants to meet somewhere in the area for a cash exchange.

Thanks for the info! We are in 452, almost at the top of the stadium, so I don't expect to make a profit (although, we actually LOVE our seats because you can see the whole field and it is pretty loud up there!) I agree about the Monday Night game. My husband and I can't go together because we have a small child, and I usually take our daughter, but I can't have her out that late. I was going with a friend, but now she can't go. Great luck. :)

---------- Post added November-18th-2012 at 10:14 PM ----------

I just noticed that the Redskins has a donation program! That will work if they don't sell!

Thanks for all your info!

From my experience, when using Stubhub, the key to minimize your losses/maximize your profit is to price your seats lowest in your entire section. Even if there are 50 seats for sale in your section, you need to sell your's first; otherwise market prices generally decline as the games near.

Don't get fooled into thinking your seats are worth a lot more than what you paid for them based on the average listing prices in your section. Timing is everything, and it's usually not on your side this time of year.

Archived