Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012-2013 CAA & FCS Playoffs Football Thread

bushwack

Which NFC Championship Game did you attend?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which NFC Championship Game did you attend?

• 1972 NFC Championship Game vs. Dallas, 26-3
    • 1982 NFC Championship Game vs. Dallas, 31-17
    • 1983 NFC Championship Game vs. San Francisco , 24-21
    • 1987 NFC Championship Game vs. Minnesota, 17-10
    • 1991 NFC Championship Game vs. Detroit, 41-10

With most schools opening up training camps this week, I figured this would be a good time to start up my last CAA thread (football or basketball).

For those who don't know the CAA Football has a few teams who are in the league for football only, and the CAA is undergoing some changes as well with ODU & Georgia State leaving the conference for C-USA & the Sun Belt starting next year. Neither school will be eligible for the CAA Conference Crown, and Georgia State will not be playoff eligible since they've already begun their transition period to the FBS, while ODU remains eligible for a playoff berth.

The CAA has already signed Albany & Stonybrook for the start of 2013. Finally I'm not sure if Rhode Island is leaving or not, going back and forth right now.

As for the upcoming season, the CAA looks to have another strong season with several teams ranked in the preseason FCS Top 25.

The preseason CAA rankings are as followed:

1. Towson (12)

2. ODU (7)

3. JMU (1)

4. New Hampshire (2)

5. Delaware

6. Maine

7. W&M

8. Villanova

9. Richmond

10. Rhode Island

11. Georgia State

More info can be found at:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot/news/newstest.aspx?id=4516033

Now on to the FCS Top 25 CAA teams:

5. JMU

7. Towson

8. ODU

13. Delaware

14. New Hampshire

19. Maine

Full top 25:

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?769-Defending-Champion-North-Dakota-State-Runner-Up-Sam-Houston-State-Highlight-the-2012-Preseason-Ranking&

Finally, the CAA announced earlier this year that they have signed a 5-year deal with NBC Sports and 6 games will be nationally televised this fall. Those six games are:

Saturday, September 8th @ 3:30 PM Delaware State @ Delaware

Saturday, September 15 @ 12:00 PM William & Mary @ Towson

Saturday, October 6th @ 1:00 PM Towson @ James Madison

Saturday, October 27th @ 12:00 PM Delaware @ Old Dominion

Saturday, November 3rd @ 12:00 PM Towson @ Delaware

Saturday, November 17 @ 7:00 PM Old Dominion @ James Madison

• 3 weeks later...

Week 1 Schedule:

Thursday, August 30th:

Towson @ Kent State @ 7:00 PM

West Chester vs. Delaware @ 7:30 PM

New Hampshire @ Holy Cross @ 7:30 PM

South Carolina St. vs. Georgia State @ 7:30 PM

Friday, August 31st:

Villanova @ Temple @ 7:00 PM

Saturday, September 1st:

W&M @ Maryland @ 3:00 PM

Richmond @ Virginia @ 3:00 PM

St. Francis (PA) vs. JMU @ 6:00 PM

Duquense vs. ODU @ 6:00 PM

Can't wait either my man, students are already getting fired up here just for the St.Francis game

Yeah I have to see the new stadium this year. My first year we won the national championship and it was nuts. Back when you didn't need a ticket or could sit anywhere you wanted in the stadium because it was just you a thousand other fans and the team haha.

Yeah I have to see the new stadium this year. My first year we won the national championship and it was nuts. Back when you didn't need a ticket or could sit anywhere you wanted in the stadium because it was just you a thousand other fans and the team haha.

Haha man its not even close to that anymore. Richmond game last year sold out in 6 hours I think for student tickets, and last year we pretty much sold off all of the student tickets for every game. This year should be the exact same and I wouldn't be surprised to see JMU compete for a national title

Results from today's game:

Temple 41 vs. Villanova 10

So far the CAA is 2-3 in the first weekend, and sadly a CAA team (Ga. State) lost their first game to a MEAC team last night in South Carolina St. I hope Georgia State gets their doors blown off every game to shut their idiot fans up.

I'm headed to the ODU game tonight. Should be a hell of a year heading into c-usa.

Technically we won't fully be in C-USA until 2015. This is our last year to win a National Championship at the FCS level, then we have a 2 year transitional period in 2013 & 2014, and then a full member or C-USA in 2015.

Technically we won't fully be in C-USA until 2015. This is our last year to win a National Championship at the FCS level, then we have a 2 year transitional period in 2013 & 2014, and then a full member or C-USA in 2015.

We will begin playing C-USA teams next year though, correct?

We will begin playing C-USA teams next year though, correct?

Possibly, but not necessarily. Next year's schedule will be made up of both FBS & FCS teams. We're in scramble mode to find opponents, especially FBS opponents who usually have their OOC games scheduled years in advance.

I don't know if any C-USA teams will be in the mix, but we won't be playing a normal C-USA schedule until 2015. I know we'll be getting some assistance in 2014 from C-USA when it comes to scheduling, but I'm not sure about next season.

Week 2 Schedule:

New Hampshire @ Minnesota 12:00 PM

Maine @ Boston College 1:00 PM

Rhode Island @ Monmouth 1:00 PM

Delaware State @ Delaware 3:30 PM

Georgia State @ Tennessee 4:00 PM

Fordham @ Villanova 6:00 PM

Alcorn State @ JMU 6:00 PM

Gardner-Webb @ Richmond 6:00 PM

ODU @ Hampton 6:00 PM

Lafayette @ W&M 7:00 PM

Week 2 Results: