Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stakes Are High In Giants-Cowboys Clash

Eagle091

Depends on the score. If close, no one will be labeled a fraud. If it's not, someone will be.

Are you kidding me? In todays NFL, you lose a game by a point to a contender, and the press makes it out to seem like you'll never win another game.

Overreaction monday I call it. If you win, people overreact, if you lose, people overreact.

I guess thats what you get when you only play 16 games a year though.

I in no way expected the Giants to win @ Atlanta and @ Dallas in back to back weeks. To me, the Giants beating Atlanta gives them a pass if they lose this week. Unless they get blown out. I would have preferred they win the one in Dallas because it is a division game. Now, if they do beat the Cowboys, the Giants have to be taken very seriously given they would have won on the road against two solid teams. And while I wasn't expecting back to back road wins, I want it badly now.

Are you kidding me? In todays NFL, you lose a game by a point to a contender, and the press makes it out to seem like you'll never win another game.

Overreaction monday I call it. If you win, people overreact, if you lose, people overreact.

I guess thats what you get when you only play 16 games a year though.

If the score is 21-20 and the football game is well played, a good football struggle, it won't reflect poorly on either team.

Eagles lost to a hot Saints team at their park and now are labled also-rans by the media and tr1.

I dont agree with that. I think the Eagles are still considered the cream of the NFCE and are still considered right there at the top of the NFC teams as well.

I do agree with tr1 writing them off. Every team outside of DC has been written off by tr1 already.

Eagles lost to a hot Saints team at their park and now are labled also-rans by the media and tr1.

I do agree with tr1 writing them off. Every team outside of DC has been written off by tr1 already.

His schtick is so obvious I can't believe so many of you let him get to you.

(And yes, you do. That is painfully obvious as well. So save some keystrokes and delay the onset of carpal-tunnel by sparing that argument.)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

tr1 ROCKS!! :notworthy

I dont agree with that. I think the Eagles are still considered the cream of the NFCE and are still considered right there at the top of the NFC teams as well.

I don't see how you came to that conclusion. Technically, as of right now, Dallas, Philly and the Giants are all on equal ground right now, and if anyone should be considered the best team in the NFCE, it would have to be the Giants. They beat the Eagles in their house, they're undefeated in the division, and they won the division last season.

Dallas has a long way to go before they can be considered the cream of the crop, and it's going to take more than beating the Giants at home to convince me they're going to come out of the division on top.

I don't see how you came to that conclusion. Technically, as of right now, Dallas, Philly and the Giants are all on equal ground right now, and if anyone should be considered the best team in the NFCE, it would have to be the Giants. They beat the Eagles in their house, they're undefeated in the division, and they won the division last season.

Hey, like it or not, its the truth.

Take a look around. Go read all those "power rankings" and "power polls".

They all have the Eagles way ahead of NY and Dallas. I'm not saying I agree with any of them, but the proof is in the pudding. The media is still in love with McNabb and Eagles.

Hey, like it or not, its the truth.

Take a look around. Go read all those "power rankings" and "power polls".

They all have the Eagles way ahead of NY and Dallas. I'm not saying I agree with any of them, but the proof is in the pudding. The media is still in love with McNabb and Eagles.

Power rankings and polls? You know those change on wim.

Anyway, the Eagles are still one of the strongest teams in the East, but like I said, losing to the Giants at home should put them behind the eight ball, considering they're going to have to go into the Meadowlands and come out with a win. And even besides that, there schedule is not getting easier from here on out.

The Cowboys, I have a lot of respect for their defense. It's pretty sick, and they should win a lot of games. But if they're inconsistency at the QB is a real killer, and I don't think that's something they will be able to overcome in the long haul.

Archived