Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RAIN RAIN RAIN! Here comes Ernesto!

HSF

Last hurricane I was in when I lived in Puerto Rico, my family and I lived without power and water for 3 weeks. It was basically every category while it developed and when it hit land. It went out of the island and back in and every inch of the island was affected.

As the weatherman on Channel 4 said, Katrina was 10 times worse.

We're lucky this time.

I heard 8-12 ft waves on the coast! Too bad I did not go home and go surfing!

If i can get someone to take pics of me tomorrow morning, i'll post a couple for all those wishing of Surfing.

The waves at last light are about 6'-8' and throwing. It was still blowing hard from the SSE, so i didn't get to go out today. In the morning if the winds backoff and go SW it will be an epic day of surf.:notworthy

Why is everyone calling it a "hurricane?" It was, at best, a tropical storm in bloody FLORIDA! It's "rain" here. Oh yeah, it's a little windy too.

Everyone gets so freaked out at the slightest thing around here. Biggest bunch of wusses I have ever seen.

Why is everyone calling it a "hurricane?" It was, at best, a tropical storm in bloody FLORIDA! It's "rain" here. Oh yeah, it's a little windy too.

Everyone gets so freaked out at the slightest thing around here. Biggest bunch of wusses I have ever seen.

I count one person in this thread that called it a hurricane. And it wasn't a T.S. in Florida. It was a T.D.

Yes, it was NOT a hurricane, but it still packed a punch here in MD.

My parents live down on the Chesapeake Bay and it was NOT "a little windy" with 6' waves crashing over their bulkhead and the waves coming up and hitting the bottom of my Dad's boat sitting all the way up on the lift so much, he thought yesterday evening that he was going to loss his boat.

They are without power and it could be DAYS until they get it back.

It was nowhere near as bad as Hurricane Isabel, but still bad enough. :doh:

Here at my house, we got some branches that broke off some trees, but that was it as far as the wind. We also got 3 1/2" of rain.

Well I'm back up and running. We received 10 inches of rain from Earnesto

and had wind gust of about 70 mph. Got a huge pine tree across my front

yard.

In lower part of Poquoson there was flooding. Talked to friends down there

and said the tide water was knee deep. Many of these people are still

waiting to get homes repaired from Isabel.

Was without power for about 12 hours. Got couple of pics will try to post

later.

SF44....wasn't Isabel here, but a close second. Winds and rain a little

stronger than predicted, so no one was really prepared.

Yes, it was NOT a hurricane, but it still packed a punch here in MD.

My parents live down on the Chesapeake Bay and it was NOT "a little windy" with 6' waves crashing over their bulkhead and the waves coming up and hitting the bottom of my Dad's boat sitting all the way up on the lift so much, he thought yesterday evening that he was going to loss his boat.

They are without power and it could be DAYS until they get it back.

It was nowhere near as bad as Hurricane Isabel, but still bad enough. :doh:

Here at my house, we got some branches that broke off some trees, but that was it as far as the wind. We also got 3 1/2" of rain.

Absolutely... A lot of people don't realize what is experienced on the bay or on the coast is completely different from what happens further in. Rain and wind doesn't bother me here in Ashburn, except for when it is strong enough to take out some of the trees in a strip of forest behind my house (since they can reach my house if they fall)

Archived