Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

foxsports.com has redskins near the bottom

Devman91

2. The Redskins will be a last-place team

Say it isn't so Joe. The NFC East clearly belongs to the Philadelphia Eagles. The next two slots will go to the Cowboys and Giants, both coming off of very good off-seasons, leaving Joe Gibbs' boys in the basement.

There's no way you can tell me the 'Skins have better talent now than one year ago. Right after Gibbs called linebacker Antonio Pierce and cornerback Fred Smoot "Core Redskins," owner Dan Snyder forgot where his checkbook was and let them walk to the Giants and Vikings respectively.

4824864_36_1.jpg

This could be a long season for Joe Gibbs' Redskins. (Jamie Squire / Getty Images)

Wide receiver Santana Moss isn't as good as Laveranues Coles, whom the Redskins traded to get Moss. And while you certainly can sell me on the fact that wide receiver Rod Gardner needed a change of venue, you can't convince me David Patten is a go-to option as his replacement. The Patriots didn't even try to bring Patten back. Have New England's Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli ever been wrong?

It's obvious that Gibbs doesn't endorse Patrick Ramsey at quarterback. The coach proved that by drafting Jason Campbell with the team's second first-round pick and by keeping 2004 disaster Mark Brunell around. As a result, Ramsey plays looking over his shoulder.

Clinton Portis isn't comfortable running Gibbs' style of offense. Last year, he complained that the offense was too predictable. Portis wants the offensive line to block more like it did in Denver. Running backs coach Ernest Byner says he talked with former Denver offensive line coach Alex Gibbs about making adjustments. I talked to team executive Vinny Cerrato, who says nothing has changed. Chaos still rules at Redskins Park.

In the secondary, rookie cornerback Carlos Rogers is banged up. Walt Harris has to play way too much. And Sean Taylor has a legal mess hanging over his head.

3. Julius Jones will lead the NFL in rushing

Bill Parcells is going back to his roots. The Tuna is going to rely on defense, a strong running game, a great tight end, intelligence and toughness to win this season. And Jones is at the heart of it all.

After a broken shoulder caused Jones to be inactive for the first half of the 2004 season, the former Norte Dame star dominated the rest of the way with 819 rushing yards and seven touchdowns. Jones is strong, physical, and speedy rolled into one package. And Parcells is going to let him carry the mail at least 25 times every Sunday.

I love how no one responds when the redskins are trashed with evidence to back it

Evidence?

How convienient that you failed to provide a link to the article, and you only pasted in the items bashing the Redskins and praising the Cowboys...

Maybe you didn't paste the beginning of the article because the writer admits he's full of crap?

Here's the beauty of competitive balance: There's a very good chance I am going to be wrong.

Take the 2004 NFL season for example.

When I was asked if the San Diego Chargers could win eight games, I smugly replied that there was a better chance of Jessica Simpson leaving Nick Lachey for me.

The Chargers won a division title.

I'm still waiting for Jessica's call.

It's the NFL circa 2005. Almost anything can happen.

Except San Francisco making the playoffs.

Think about last year's shockers:

Reuben Droughns rushes for more than 1,000 yards last year?

Big Ben leads the Steelers to a 15-1 mark?

The Cowboys take a step back in 2004?

Never saw it coming.

Oh, but that buzz word that they hate at the NFL office (shhhhh, "parity") won't stop me from dusting off the crystal ball, and making a few concrete declarations for a year that should be more wild and wonderful than any we've seen in the NFL.

Pretty much. Though I do believe it's a good way to find out when someone is just talking out of their a$$.

No not really because not everyone wants to give away their money. Talking, chatting and debating are totally different then giving away some hard earned money. But i understand you to a certain degree.

We all have our addictions....LOL

I love how no one responds when the redskins are trashed with evidence to back it

Evidence would be a paper from Jan 2, '06 that has the Skins listed in last place in the division. This is speculation, and the same crap that every single person in the major national sports media sources has said about us.

Jones won't even finish in the top 2 in rushing in the NFC East. He had some great games against Baltimore's, Philly's, and our D last season.

Archived