Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TO News is over

RayLewis

I like TO, ya he somewhat of an ass but ESPN made him look a lot worse then it actually was. I was more pissed at the media bringin it up everyday then TO himself, he didnt really do nothin wrong durin it, he jsut wanted some money and went to training camp but everyday they turned what he said into the To and Donovan Rivalry.

he aint an ass, none of his teammates have ever said anythin negative about him. and i think what drew rosenhaus was gettin at was QBs shouldnt get 30 mil while RB and WR get 12 mil max even if they are a better RB or WR then the QB is.

Sure none of his teammates said anything negative about him but other players around the NFL did....his teammates wouldn't say anything about him because they might still be playing with him...should he be traded I'm sure there is plenty that will be said....maybe even by McNabb....I mean come on RayLewis....Ray Lewis even said stuff about TO....

Ray Lewis didnt say anything negative about TO. Did u listen to what he said? he was gettin pissed at ESPN, everyone who was pissed was complainin about ESPN, i never heard any of his teammates on 49ers or eagles ever have anythin bad to say about him. I dont really think any player should be gettin 30 mil but the NFL is a multi-billion dollar business so they're gonna get big money, but i dont see why the least athletic and least riskful position besides kicker should get 30 mil, while WRs and RBs put their bodies at a lot more risk and do a lot more and only make 1/3 of the QB even if they are the best WR and the QB is decent. i think WR,RB,and QB should all get paid around 18 mil if your the best. QBs shouldnt get half the cap to themselves. TO should get his money but not for his stupid excuses.

he aint an ass, none of his teammates have ever said anythin negative about him. and i think what drew rosenhaus was gettin at was QBs shouldnt get 30 mil while RB and WR get 12 mil max even if they are a better RB or WR then the QB is.

Um..

didn't his QUARTERBACK say "get my name out your mouth?"

Didn't his QUARTERBACK agree that he had nothing to say to TO, either, when asked if he and TO spoke tgo each other?

I mean, in your world, maybe it's a positive when the receiver and QB don't like each other to the point of not speaking, but not here on Earth.

Besides, what do you EXPECT the rank and file players to say?

How long have you been watching sports? Players NEVER tell the truth. They say the same pat lines, over and over again.

"Glad to be here, trying to focus on (insert upcoming opponent).. we just going to do what we do, and he's going to do what he does.. we can't think about it now.. we just got to focus on...(insert typical phrase here, or abbove mentioned team name)

Sound familiar? It should... it's a variation of what EVERY SINGLE PLAYER EVER SAYS when asked about a problem teammate.

I'm sure they just love them some him.

~Bang

Um..

didn't his QUARTERBACK say "get my name out your mouth?"

Didn't his QUARTERBACK agree that he had nothing to say to TO, either, when asked if he and TO spoke tgo each other?

I mean, in your world, maybe it's a positive when the receiver and QB don't like each other to the point of not speaking, but not here on Earth.

Besides, what do you EXPECT the rank and file players to say?

How long have you been watching sports? Players NEVER tell the truth. They say the same pat lines, over and over again.

"Glad to be here, trying to focus on (insert upcoming opponent).. we just going to do what we do, and he's going to do what he does.. we can't think about it now.. we just got to focus on...(insert typical phrase here, or abbove mentioned team name)

Sound familiar? It should... it's a variation of what EVERY SINGLE PLAYER EVER SAYS when asked about a problem teammate.

I'm sure they just love them some him.

~Bang

The Donovan TO Rivalry is way overblown, its not a rivalry even. they dont neccasarily like eachother but they do their job together. u ever work? u like all your co-workers?

players never tell the truth or u dont wanna hear the truth?

The Donovan TO Rivalry is way overblown, its not a rivalry even. they dont neccasarily like eachother but they do their job together. u ever work? u like all your co-workers?

players never tell the truth or u dont wanna hear the truth?

And this "overblowing" is based on what? Your perception?

What makes it "Overblown"?

the fact TO doesn't want to talk to McNabb, they trade snipes at each other in the media, McNabb doesn't want to talk to TO... or is is 'overblown' because you say it is?

They don't 'necessarily like each other"... yeah, it's true,, they won't SPEAK to one another. I'd say that's a bit different.

Tell me... with this little overblown tiff of theirs,,, what happens the first time TO is open and MCnabb throws it to someone else?

What do you think will happen if TO catches 3 passes in a game, and McMUllen catches 6?

Do you think TO will

A/ Go completely against everyhing he's ever done, be quiet, sit down and say, "Gosh, maybe next time I'll get the ball"

or

B/ act like he always has, mouth off, yell at people on the sidelines, take it to the media, and maybe even call someone a homo in the process?

Which do you think will happen?

here.. i'll make it easier.

You see a dog that you have seen bite people before.. You put your hand in his mouth. Will he

A/ Spit it out.

or

B/ Bite your arm off

?

As far as players telling the truth,, when you hear the SAME thngs from ALL of them no matter what team they are on, no matter what the situation is, no matter what sport.. YES< it is a trend,, they DON'T say anything. They are trained how to not answer questions. I'd as soon trust a locker room interview as I'd trust a politician. They'll tell you the company line.

I can tell you this. When i watch a football game or interview, I can pause the Tivo and practically recite the answer to the questions they are asked. By and large, across ALL sports, they give standard pat answers, designed to say nothing and move to the next question without the media or the upcoming opponent ANYTHING to sink their teeth into.

Glad to be here, we're working hard,, focusing on whatever.. doing what the coaches ask us to do,, etc. It's almost ALWAYS the same. That is why when an athlete DOES say something, it is trumpeted around like it is something special.

By the way.. equating what we here in the normal world do for work to what they do is ridiculous.

A QB and his best receiver ought to get along. And to answer you, YES, I must get along with my clients, or guess what,, I don't have any clients.

It's my bet that nothing is over til TO says it's over. And last I checked, he hasn't been paid yet.

Obviously you think he and Rosenhaus will just fold up tents and shut up.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

~Bang

And this "overblowing" is based on what? Your perception?

What makes it "Overblown"?

the fact TO doesn't want to talk to McNabb, they trade snipes at each other in the media, McNabb doesn't want to talk to TO... or is is 'overblown' because you say it is?

They don't 'necessarily like each other"... yeah, it's true,, they won't SPEAK to one another. I'd say that's a bit different.

Tell me... with this little overblown tiff of theirs,,, what happens the first time TO is open and MCnabb throws it to someone else?

What do you think will happen if TO catches 3 passes in a game, and McMUllen catches 6?

Do you think TO will

A/ Go completely against everyhing he's ever done, be quiet, sit down and say, "Gosh, maybe next time I'll get the ball"

or

B/ act like he always has, mouth off, yell at people on the sidelines, take it to the media, and maybe even call someone a homo in the process?

Which do you think will happen?

here.. i'll make it easier.

You see a dog that you have seen bite people before.. You put your hand in his mouth. Will he

A/ Spit it out.

or

B/ Bite your arm off

?

As far as players telling the truth,, when you hear the SAME thngs from ALL of them no matter what team they are on, no matter what the situation is, no matter what sport.. YES< it is a trend,, they DON'T say anything. They are trained how to not answer questions. I'd as soon trust a locker room interview as I'd trust a politician. They'll tell you the company line.

I can tell you this. When i watch a football game or interview, I can pause the Tivo and practically recite the answer to the questions they are asked. By and large, across ALL sports, they give standard pat answers, designed to say nothing and move to the next question without the media or the upcoming opponent ANYTHING to sink their teeth into.

Glad to be here, we're working hard,, focusing on whatever.. doing what the coaches ask us to do,, etc. It's almost ALWAYS the same. That is why when an athlete DOES say something, it is trumpeted around like it is something special.

By the way.. equating what we here in the normal world do for work to what they do is ridiculous.

A QB and his best receiver ought to get along. And to answer you, YES, I must get along with my clients, or guess what,, I don't have any clients.

It's my bet that nothing is over til TO says it's over. And last I checked, he hasn't been paid yet.

Obviously you think he and Rosenhaus will just fold up tents and shut up.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

~Bang

They dont need to get along, they just do their job together. you cant tell someone to get alogn with someone, thats not how people work. but as long as they gettin the job done , then dont worry bout the ''rivalry''. and u sayin To will get pissed if he dont get the ball when hes open, well first off TO and Donovan thing been going for over a year and TO was a top 3 reciever so thats not happening. Daunte and Randy Moss never got along either and went 15-1 in 1998. it doesnt matter if grown men get a long and its a childish thought to think all players are gonna get along,

now the money, celebrities get big money, just a short commercial that takes 10 minutes can get a celebrity over 12 mil, and i dont agree with it but ey its america, thats just the way it is. if no talent-lip singing musicians can make 200 mil a year, i think TO who plays THE most dangerous position in the biggest Sport in America should at least get his money. and QBs are way overpaid, part of that cap needs to drop about 10 mil off their salaries and add it between RB,WR, and TE's or NFL increase the cap.

Daunte was a sophomore in college in '98.

This is a bit deeper than "not getting along"

Whether or not YOU think TO deserves his money has no bearing whatsoever in how the eagles are handling it, or how he perceives he's being treated.

I can see you have the utmost faith in the personality of Terrel Owens.

Fair enough. I don't share your optimism in the man.

~Bang

I think its like being in the eye of the hurricane or the calm before the storm....Quiet and relatively peaceful. Once the real games start, think things will break wide open, specially if Donovan isnt getting him the ball...I just found out about Buckhalter, that is a shame, hate to hear about season ending injuries no matter who they play for.

TO has proven time and time again, no matter where he goes, no matter who he plays with or for, he is going to be a selfish a$$. He is one of the most immature pieces of crap to put on pads. Let's see how long it takes him to start calling Donovan a homo, or saying he is out of shape and out of breath. My bet is by Week 5, TO mania will be in full swing again.

The best thing we could hope for is TO keeping it all bottled inside for a few weeks, then decides to put on the act for the entire NFL.

Drops easy passes, catches the ball then hands it to the other team, sets the ball volleyball style into the stands when it's an easy TD.

Let's hope he really screws those Eagles up when he decides to:laugh:

I'm not convinced it's over...

~Bang

It will never be over as long as people keep bringing it up & asking what we think. :doh:

RayRay, if you wanna know what we think, go back & read all the TO threads that were rampant here about a week ago. They won't be that hard to find. You can even use the "SEARCH" feature. :)

Archived