Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Justin Tuck and Jagsbch's Redskin Mock Draft

Jagsbch

With the 37th pick Redskins select Justin Tuck DE Notre Dame~!!

Justin Tuck is going to be a big time pass rusher in the NFL... He may be the best pure pass rusher in this draft.

In keeping with tradition, we also landed a few top notch FA's with a few draft picks.'

Samari Rolle CB

Derrick Mason WR

Albert Haynesworth DT

and Titans 2nd Round Pick(37)

For

1st Round Pick(9)

3rd Round Pick(76)

4th Round Pick(106)

6th Round pick(168)

Mock Draft

nice try, but i do have a couple quibbles with this

A) any tradedown scenario where we move all the way into the 2nd round as our first pick seems like trading down too much

B) aren't at least two of these Titans players, Samari Rolle and Derrick Mason, headed for free agency anyway? If that's the case, you wouldn't want to give up anything for them, since on their own, they'd be no longer under rights to Tennessee anyway

Originally posted by skinsarethebest

nice try, but i do have a couple quibbles with this

B) aren't at least two of these Titans players, Samari Rolle and Derrick Mason, headed for free agency anyway? If that's the case, you wouldn't want to give up anything for them, since on their own, they'd be no longer under rights to Tennessee anyway

I was keeping in line with tradition:laugh:

Besides why enter a bidding war for services we are in need of?

These three guys are top notch:cheers:

Originally posted by skinsfan83

well...first off if the titans front office had any brains they wouldn't go for that trade. and besides how about we start to keep our draft picks instead of trading them away every year. I'd rather have Mike Williams with our first round pick then Derrick Mason.

Look if the players where going to be cut any way, then why not make the deal, it would be like getting 1,3,4,6 rnd picks for Haynesworth and a 2nd rnd pick.

Originally posted by Jagsbch

Look if the players where going to be cut any way, then why not make the deal, it would be like getting 1,3,4,6 rnd picks for Haynesworth and 2nd rnd pick.

see that's the catch -- if they really ARE gonna be cut, what's the incentive for us to actually give them something for these players

also, i'm not sure, but technically speaking, aren't their contracts expiring -- not so sure about rolle, but i think that with mason at least, he's due to become a free agent

if that's the case, it's essentially the titans being in the same position we are in with smoot -- once his contract is over, we don't have any right to shop him becacuse he's not ours anymore and is free for the taking by ANY team

Not quiet sure on the contract dates or cash figures. But I know we need a CB, WR, and the D-line to be shored up. These moves were designed to make a run at the SB this year.

It can take years to do that through the draft. In a perfect world you build through the draft, but the fans are starving for some big time action now.

I had an opportunity to trade Gardner and move into the second but decided to use him later to get a third rnd pick, we only went two rounds today.

Originally posted by HeHateMe

From their prespective, worst trade ever.

This is not a trade to them sas much as it is a dump sessionthey are having to get under the cap. This is their official rebuilding year. they need to clear the books and get as many picks in the process as possible.

This is not a trade to them sas much as it is a dump sessionthey are having to get under the cap. This is their official rebuilding year. they need to clear the books and get as many picks in the process as possible.

I think youll have to revise in any event.

Rolle and Mason are going to be cut on Monday.

Figure's in the end show there was no way in hell the Titans could afford to do the deal even if they wanted. The contracts and the bonus money would have counted against this years cap.

STIGMA said...

In order for the Titans to get their cap house in order, they must cut players before March 2, 2005, which is the first day of the 2005 cap year. This date is also the first day that trades can be made.

Derrick Mason has one one season left on his contract

2005: $3.2 mil

Samari Rolle has two seasons left on his contract

2005: $5.5 mil

2006: $6 mil

Oh well, I was just trying to hook us up with some sweet players that we needed. I guess if your going to dream, you might as well do it big.:laugh:

With the 37th pick Redskins select Justin Tuck DE Notre Dame~!!

Justin Tuck is going to be a big time pass rusher in the NFL... He may be the best pure pass rusher in this draft.

In keeping with tradition, we also landed a few top notch FA's with a few draft picks.'

Samari Rolle CB

Derrick Mason WR

Albert Haynesworth DT

For

1st Round Pick(9)

3rd Round Pick(76)

4th Round Pick(106)

6th Round pick(168)

Mock Draft

So basically, we're going to get the Titans starting CB, starting WR, starting DT and a 2nd round pick....

For the entire Redskins draft.

Happens all the time.

As mentioned... this is the most absurd mock draft scenario I've ever witnessed.

Originally posted by Die Hard

Happens all the time.

As mentioned... this is the most absurd mock draft scenario I've ever witnessed.

Ya about as absurd as giving up a 3rd round pick and 8 million dollar signing bonus for a washed up QB who was going to be cut~!!:rolleyes:

Let's for a moment suppose that the players deferred their bonus money and restructured their contracts so the trade could be made... I know it is a stretch, but lets just go ahead and make this absurd assumption to see how this scenerio came to be in the land of Mock believe...

For Albert Haynesworth DT

Skins give

1st Round Pick(9)

3rd Round Pick(76)

4th Round Pick(106)

6th Round pick(168)

Samari Rolle CB

Derrick Mason WR

Who want to play for Joe this year, because they think JOE can take the team to the Super Bowl after the strong finish last season with the stealthy defense that is about to get kicked up another notch~!! They both sign a 1 year incentive laden contract in hopes a Super Bowl will land them the Paychecks they desserve, a ring and a Paycheck... Priceless:notworthy

It's a package deal, Kind of like the one we were forced to make to unload tony's contract to the Texans along with Payne and Walker when we were in Cap hell.

Ya about as absurd as giving up a 3rd round pick and 8 million dollar signing bonus for a washed up QB who was going to be cut~!!:rolleyes:

Let's for a moment suppose that the players deferred their bonus money and restructured their contracts so the trade could be made... I know it is a stretch, but lets just go ahead and make this absurd assumption to see how this scenerio came to be in the land of Mock believe...

For Albert Haynesworth DT

Skins give

1st Round Pick(9)

3rd Round Pick(76)

4th Round Pick(106)

6th Round pick(168)

Samari Rolle CB

Derrick Mason WR

Who want to play for Joe this year, because they think JOE can take the team to the Super Bowl after the strong finish last season with the stealthy defense that is about to get kicked up another notch~!! They both sign a 1 year incentive laden contract in hopes a Super Bowl will land them the Paychecks they desserve, a ring and a Paycheck... Priceless:notworthy

It's a package deal, Kind of like the one we were forced to make to unload tony's contract to the Texans along with Payne and Walker when we were in Cap hell.

Just like Coles wanted to be on that team right?

And again, Rolle and Mason are going to be released.

This makes the whole thing moot.

Originally posted by Die Hard

So basically, we're going to get the Titans starting CB, starting WR, starting DT and a 2nd round pick....

For the entire Redskins draft.

Point is moot, but here is one more way to look at it, before this horse is dead. And no this is not my first Mock.

1st Round Pick(9) Albert Haynesworth DT

3rd Round Pick(76) Justin Tuck

4th Round Pick(106) Samari Rolle CB

6th Round pick(168) Derrick Mason WR

Archived