Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why can't I laugh at minor injuries?

CRogersGuy

This was inspired by Dez Bryant getting injured. When I heard the news that he had a minor injury, I was happy. The Cowturds becoming a weaker team? Sounds good to me.

Then I go into this thread (http://extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=327749) and see a ton of people like me, having fun about such a minor injury, but others are getting up in arms saying, "Laughing at an injury? Really?". The guy hurt his ankle. He'll be back in a few weeks. It's nothing serious. Why can't I have fun with it? The Redskins now have a better chance at winning Week 1, why wouldn't we all be happy?

Of course it's bad to laugh about a major injury. But Dez will be back in 4-6 weeks and continue making his 11.8 million. Laughing at a career or season ending injury is bad, sure.. but I'm happy that 'the next Jerry Rice' is hurt for a few weeks. Why would any Skins fan be sorry to hear that? I know I wasn't.

Just my opinion. I'm interested in hearing what you guys think.

Cowpukes are the enemy. That is why we laugh. I mean it not like he's dead or anything.

Exactly.

It's a sprained ankle for crying out loud. My dad sprained his ankle a few months ago and I messed with him about it. Does that make me a bad person?

This is clearly a different perspective of things,but I'll give it anyway,(call it a diversion from being constructive around the home). I took a couple of pretty good falls over the past 10 years when I was doing construction. 2 in particular caused some decent damage to each of my ankles. One was a 15 foot fall straight down where I landed on the footing which caused some fairly nasty soft tissue and ligament damage,(no fracture). Caught a concrete tie on the way down too. Put a 2 stitch hole in my knee down to the meniscus,(looked pretty cool actually). 2nd one was a 10 footer where my ankle caught a boulder when I hit. No break there. Both hurt like hell and for awhile after it. Therefore,if anyone had laughed,there would have been an ass whoopin' sooner or later for it. :) Though later on I did take some deserved ribbing for the falls and that was cool.

Now as for Dez,I will say that injuries like that can also be humbling. And one thing that has come across from that lad,is that he could use a little of that. That's about as much bad sportsmanship as I'll show with that injury.

I will just say that I generally don't think that It's too cool to laugh at an injury. People who keep bragging about the Troy Aikman hit by Lavar, make me scratch my head. Small injuries? Yes, I guess It's OK; but It still kind of makes you look nutz

We laugh at people hurting themselves on the internet all the time.

Speaking for myself,the times I laugh a little is when there is obvious stupidity involved. And that's more of what I laugh at.

You can laugh... just not point.

There ya go. :silly:

I will just say that I generally don't think that It's too cool to laugh at an injury. People who keep bragging about the Troy Aikman hit by Lavar, make me scratch my head. Small injuries? Yes, I guess It's OK; but It still kind of makes you look nutz

Your right concussion is one thing and there should be a concern even if it is a cowboy involved, but we're talking about a sprained ankle. I did not actually laugh at the injury, but I had to admit I breath a sign of relief knowing that the next "Michael Irvin" development will take a little longer.

Speaking for myself,the times I laugh a little is when there is obvious stupidity involved. And that's more of what I laugh at.

True, but its not always the injured's stupidity that causes said injury. Perhaps a prank gone awry? Still... Gotta love dumb folks.

I agree. I think some of the stupid things people do are funny, just not the being physically hurt part. I was raised to not even wish that on people I dislike... i.e., T.O.!

I agree. As long as there isn't blood anywhere and the person doesn't need medical attention, and they did it to themselves, more then likely they will laugh at the situation somewhere down the road themselves....

so I don't feel guilty laughing at a self folly. Still, cant point.:nono: Even bigger, and this is even if its a minor injury... don't make others aware of the incident... enjoy the moment of laughter you and the clutz just shared, and keep it moving.;)

Even bigger, and this is even if its a minor injury... don't make others aware of the incident... enjoy the moment of laughter you and the clutz just shared, and keep it moving.;)

Oh yeah. That's the real important thing to remember there. Nothing like the quick "Anyone see that?" look around after doing something particularly clumsy and stupid that caused a little pain. Being an old carpenter,I know that one well. :dunce:

I used to despise it when I thought I was safe then heard some laughter from way up high in the roof. :doh:

Oh yeah. That's the real important thing to remember there. Nothing like the quick "Anyone see that?" look around after doing something particularly clumsy and stupid that caused a little pain. Being an old carpenter,I know that one well. :dunce:

I used to despise it when I thought I was safe then heard some laughter from way up high in the roof. :doh:

Tie caught in a shredder, thought I was alone, I wasn't. 10 minute ordeal and took two other co-workers to get it out. I took the tie off after about five though. lol I had it on THAT long.

Burned my eyebrows and some hair in the front, smooth off during a grilling experience, at the family re-union.

Punched myself in the eye before.

What if you laugh with a smiley face at the end?

As discussed. You can do this :ols: . Maybe even this. rofl1.gif But not this. point.gif That could get you this. duck.gif

Tie caught in a shredder, thought I was alone, I wasn't. 10 minute ordeal and took two other co-workers to get it out. I took the tie off after about five though. lol I had it on THAT long.

Burned my eyebrows and some hair in the front, smooth off during a grilling experience, at the family re-union.

Punched myself in the eye before.

Moved some 2 by's away from a cross brace that was holding up a wall. Picked them up,put them on my shoulder,then promptly walked head first in to that cross brace. :doh: :dunce: Quick look around to make sure I was alone and to see where my hat ended up. That's when I heard the laugh from the roof. :mad: Or something like that.

Stepped on a nail and had it buried deep in my foot. Call the Ambulance and they said they would have to take me to the Hospital. I asked them to give me a minute and I pulled it with a pair of pliers (robo-grips). The same pair of pliers I would use to knock out one of my teeth latter on... now that's funny!

Archived