Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jet Blue - $599 All You Can Fly

Duckus

http://jetblue.com/deals/all-you-can-jet/?intcmp=HPHero1Eng_All-You-Can-JetPass

Though I am not going to be taking part in this deal, I thought it was pretty cool and at least something new/different and it caught my eye. It is one of the reasons I love Jet Blue - they think out of the box and it has been extremely successful for them so far.

Here is the deal - you pay $599 and you can fly as much as you want on Jet Blue for 1 month (9/8 to 10/8). Not sure if this is a one-time thing, a trial month, or if it will be offered in the future if it is successful.

The first thing I thought of was the Euro-Rail pass. This would be amazing for a tourist backpacking/visiting the country for a month. You could fly all over the entire country, going from city to city every 3-4 days. Airlines in Europe now have this deal as well.

I hope this is an idea that Jet Blue builds on, could be a successful model in the future.

Let me just take a month off of work to enjoy this deal ..... who in the right mind has that much time to fly?

People spend a month backpacking and traveling through Europe all the time. The euro-rail pass is extremely popular.

The people who travel are old and young. Some are retired, some are students who just finished college, some are in a gap-year of school, some are taking a sabbatical from work, etc.

It is popular in Europe because of how easy it is to go from country to country, via the train or cheap flights. The size/cost of getting around here prohibits it in the US.

If a backpacker/traveler can come to the US and go to Boston, NYC, D.C., Miami, San Fran, Denver, etc. all in one trip and without far in advanced reservations (allowing for flexibility) then I think it could become more popular to “backpack” the US just like Europe.

Archived