Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFLN: Top 10 Records That Will Never Be Broken...

Commander Adama

Link

Top 10 records never to be broken in NFL history

NFL Network

Thomas' seven sacks

On one autumn Sunday afternoon in 1990, Derrick Thomas made life absolutely miserable for Seahawks quarterback Dave Krieg.

Watch clip | Player pages: Derrick Thomas | Individual records: Sacks

Graham's 10 straight championship games

Otto Graham led the Browns to titles in every season of the AAFC (1946-1949), then continued that success when Cleveland joined the NFL.

Watch clip | Player page: Otto Graham | Browns history

'72 Dolphins' perfect season

What the Patriots failed to finish off in 2007, the Dolphins accomplished 35 years earlier with an unblemished 17-0 campaign.

Watch clip | Other undefeated teams | Dolphins history

Landry's 29 straight seasons

From their expansion season of 1960 through 1988, Tom Landry coached the Cowboys, leading the team to five Super Bowls, including two titles.

Watch clip | Leaders in career coaching victories | Cowboys history

49ers' 18 road wins

The road is a tough place to win games in the NFL, but the 49ers had a road winning streak that spanned two decades.

Watch clip | 49ers history | Team records: Games won

Hutson leading league in TD catches

While it took decades for many of his receiving records to fall, there's one mark Don Hutson may hold on to for a long time.

Watch clip | Video: No. 3 season performance | Video: All-time team

Buccaneers' 26-game losing streak

After going 0-14 in their debut season of 1976, the Buccaneers proceeded to lose their first 12 games of the 1977 season.

Watch clip | Buccaneers history | Standings: 1976 | 1977

Favre's consecutive games

What started in 1992 when Brett Favre replaced an injured Don Majkowski came to a conclusion when the Packers quarterback retired in 2008.

Watch clip | Favre passes Marino | Video: Top Favre completions of 2007

Unitas' games with TD

Ranking right up their with Joe DiMaggio's 56-game hitting streak is Johnny Unitas' run of 47 consecutive games with at least one TD pass.

Watch clip | Unitas' record | Video: Unitas to Berry No. 4 pass combo

Shula's career victories

Don Shula coached in the NFL for 33 years, amassing 328 regular-season wins, plus 19 playoff victories, gives the coach a career mark of 347 wins.

This was just on the NFL Network and the reason I am posting here is....where is Sammy Baugh?!?! In 1943 Sammy led the league in passing, punting, and interceptions as a defensive back! That will NEVER be duplicated, so I have a tough time understanding how he could be left off that list. Does anyone know? Can anyone help me to understand?

By the way I did the Google ES Search for this topic.

HTTR!

yeah i was expecting sammy baugh. even his punting average in one season at 51.4 no one has come close. Shane Lechler had 49.1 in 2007 but he was playing with oakland and had a whole field to punt at.

I can see a perfect season happening with a championship. we did have a perfect season and a win streak longer with the Pats. Why cant that happen again with one more win. I can see someone breaking the consecutive games with a TD pass. I wonder how close Peyton has come. Im sure he has an extemely high percentage of games with a TD.

I can see a perfect season happening with a championship. we did have a perfect season and a win streak longer with the Pats. Why cant that happen again with one more win. I can see someone breaking the consecutive games with a TD pass. I wonder how close Peyton has come. Im sure he has an extemely high percentage of games with a TD.

I don't know about the TD thing but they said that he only has four more years to break Favre's consecutive games streak.

Peyton has 6+ seasons to play to break farves record of consecutive games. definitely could happen though he is getting a little older and his line is not as good.

Hutson's record seems breakable but passing is so much a bigger part of the game now. There are so many more recievers that are good and there are a lot more injuries.

Lead the league in TDs EIGHT different seasons?...When the closest anyone else has EVER come since then is three? lol...Nope, no way :D

Im agreeing with you. when you hear it it sounds breakable but it wont ever happen in the game because the game and the players are so different. Just like we will probably never see a 100 point game in basketball because the game is so different.

Definitely! I do think though the the perfect season, 18 road games, and 26 loses can be broken and should have been replaced with Sammy Baugh and maybe Mark Moseley making NFL MVP as a kicker.

Baugh should have been in there, you're right, especially above the 18 road games record. I can see that one falling. But I could see another kicker being MVP again, maybe, possibly lol...

I suppose a player MIGHT one day be able to lead the league in, say, INTs, punt returns and...fumble recoveries, maybe? lol

Im agreeing with you. when you hear it it sounds breakable but it wont ever happen in the game because the game and the players are so different. Just like we will probably never see a 100 point game in basketball because the game is so different.

Ah, I gotcha...I thought you were saying you personally thought it WAS breakable, but probably wouldn't happen lol.

No one will be a head coach for one team for as long as Landry was with the Cowboys. In today's win-now environment, it won't ever happen again...and Landry had some crappy years at times.

yeah i was just thinking that none of the coaching ones will because organizations arent loyal to a coach to allow an extended rebuilding time.

If Gibbs stuck around and kept the Redskins organization where it should have been we might be talking different right now.(talking about the first time he left obviously)

Archived