Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where to stay in Dallas?

AJWatson3

Going to the game with my wife and are wondering about the best spots to stay that are reasonably priced. We would like to be in an area that has some nightlife so we can go out Friday and Saturday night.

I tried to use the search engine for this question but I only got a blank page as my result!?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

AJWatson3

PS- We are going to rent a car for the weekend and will be driving to the stadium, so I am not worried about vicinity to Arlington.

I live in Dallas... unfortunately the new stadium is located in Arlington, which doesn't really have anything exciting. Your best bet would be to stay in Fort Worth or Dallas and take a shuttle to the game in my opinion. That is if you're planning on staying a few days outside the game also.

The Gaylord Texan is nice, but it's not really around any kind of night life or anything like that if that's what you're looking for.

Check out a town called Addison. Some real nice places to stay and good foods.

There is a place right in the center of town called Nate's Seafood. You can't miss it, big pink building but some of the best seafood I've ever tasted.

http://www.natesseafood.com/index.cfm

They have a map on their site, and there are some decent spots to stay right around there. The toilet bowl is only about 10-15 minutes away, too.

There is a place right in the center of town called Nate's Seafood. You can't miss it, big pink building but some of the best seafood I've ever tasted.

They have a map on their site, and there are some decent spots to stay right around there. The toilet bowl is only about 10-15 minutes away, too.

That's actually where I live! Hah. I haven't eaten at Nate's yet though.

I'll vouch for Addison, it's an awesome place if you're looking for stuff to do. It's a tad further from the stadium, but it's quite nice and not too far from the airport either.

There are also tons of hotels in the area as well in all price ranges.

I thought the new stadium wasn't too far from the old stadium? Not a lot to do in that area but I used to stay at an extended stay hotel just up from the stadium. Not sure how it is now but was a decent place 5 or 6 years ago. Basically a bedroom with a livingroom/kitchenette.

I thought the new stadium wasn't too far from the old stadium? Not a lot to do in that area but I used to stay at an extended stay hotel just up from the stadium. Not sure how it is now but was a decent place 5 or 6 years ago. Basically a bedroom with a livingroom/kitchenette.

about 15-20 mins from the old stadium.

The Gaylord Texan is nice, but it's not really around any kind of night life or anything like that if that's what you're looking for.

Depends on your point of view. My wife loved it. It's not as wild as other places in the area but when your married its a very cool place since its upscale and not a pick up club. The view of the lake is beautiful and the hotel shuttles you to the club so you don't have to worry about drinking and driving. I don't think you'd do wrong there.

Another seafood place that I'd recommend in the area is:

http://www.trulucks.com/

Addisons a fun place. We go out there to party all the time. Jaguars, Babydolls, the Lodge, man what a good time!

Another seafood place that I'd recommend in the area is:

http://www.trulucks.com/

Addisons a fun place. We go out there to party all the time. Jaguars, Babydolls, the Lodge, man what a good time!

Mmmm... haven't tried Truluck's yet either, but I'm seriously within walking distance to it.

Also.. where the hell are Jaguars and Babydolls in Addison?! I just moved here in February (it's obvious, right? hah) from Hurst, so I'm still learning my way around.

The new stadium is in Arlington, which isn't really "far" from the old one - it's about 20 miles - but with the traffic associated with game days, I'd imagine that "not too far" turns into quite a bit of a difference.

I'm still confused as to how they expect that many people to get into the stadium on a 2 lane road.

As for a place to stay, there's the Westin which is nice, and as mentioned above Addison isn't so bad - it's about 25 miles from the new stadium and not too far from the airport.

Mmmm... haven't tried Truluck's yet either, but I'm seriously within walking distance to it.

Also.. where the hell are Jaguars and Babydolls in Addison?! I just moved here in February (it's obvious, right? hah) from Hurst, so I'm still learning my way around.

Google maps my brother ;) BTW, I just moved to Texas myself last July. Without my GPS I'm hopeless.

Thanks for all the info folks. We are planning on renting a car and driving to the game, so we are flexible a to where we are staying. Def looking for some nightlife, but not a pimp & ho club either. Good bars and good food. And I want a big freakin' steak while I'm there.

Archived