Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lawrence Sidbury Jr- Our 3rd rounder

Spanky731

"Very athletic...Good bulk...Has extremely long arms...Excellent timed speed...Really quick with a burst...Can be a force off the edge...Great mobility and range...Terrific motor...Does a nice job in pursuit...Has big hands...Versatile...Team leader...Productive...Has a ton of upside."

"Could also project at Outside Linebacker."

He had 11.5 sacks as a senior

I go to school in Richmond and this guy is one of the best kep secrets in the draft. He ran the fastest 40 time of any DE in the 4.6's. Can serve as our speed rusher off the edge. Skins are known to have good luck with guys from small schools, give this guy a look.

With him in the third, Maualuga in the first and Philip Loadholt, LT from Oklahoma who projects as a dominant RT, in the 6th we can really fill some holes on this team while keeping our picks.

I have no quarrels in drafting Sidbury in the 3rd; however, I want to go BPA at OT or OLB in the 1st, preferably OT, also I don't see Loadholt falling to the 6th round. Loadholt most likely will be gone before the Skins pick in the 3rd round.

I had loadholt being an option in the 6th because he has some red flags. He had suspected DUI and something else, which could maybe cause him to fall.

I'm all for Sidbury if he is there when we pick.

As for Loadholt, no way he can drop to the 6th. Maybe we can take Alex Boone.

Yes, and we can pick up Orakpo in the 7th round!...

What makes you think Loadholt would drop to the 6th? Hes projected 2-3 rounder...

Personally If we can do it!...

I would trade down. Pick up a 2nd rounder

1st Round Clint Stintim - SAM LB

2nd Round Connor Barwin - LDE

3rd Round Phil Loadholt or OT

5th Round Jason Phillips - ILB

6th Round - Corner or Center

DEFENSE for 2009

RE - Andre Carter - Chris Wilson

DT - Griffin - Montgomery

DT - Haynesworth - Golston Alexander

LE - Connor Barwin - (Wynn or Daniels) Rob Jackson

WLB - R McIntosh - HB Blades

MLB - L Fletcher - Jason Phillips

SLB - Clint Stintim - A Fincher

CB - D Hall Tryon

CB - C Rogers Smoot

SS - Horton Doughty

FS - Landry Moore

Yes, and we can pick up Orakpo in the 7th round!...

What makes you think Loadholt would drop to the 6th? Hes projected 2-3 rounder...

Personally If we can do it!...

I would trade down. Pick up a 2nd rounder

1st Round Clint Stintim - SAM LB

2nd Round Connor Barwin - LDE

3rd Round Phil Loadholt or OT

5th Round Jason Phillips - ILB

6th Round - Corner or Center

DEFENSE for 2009

RE - Andre Carter - Chris Wilson

DT - Griffin - Montgomery

DT - Haynesworth - Golston Alexander

LE - Connor Barwin - (Wynn or Daniels) Rob Jackson

WLB - R McIntosh - HB Blades

MLB - L Fletcher - Jason Phillips

SLB - Clint Stintim - A Fincher

CB - D Hall Tryon

CB - C Rogers Smoot

SS - Horton Doughty

FS - Landry Moore

I am big fan of jason Phillips he is perfect redskins pick

With him in the third, Maualuga in the first and Philip Loadholt, LT from Oklahoma who projects as a dominant RT, in the 6th we can really fill some holes on this team while keeping our picks.

Loadholt in the 6th! LOL. He won't make it to the second day much less the 6th. :hysterical:

Players like him don't go in the 3rd. They get projected to go in the 3rd round until about a month before the draft, where their stock magnificently rises.

He's likely a low 2nd now at worst. His workout numbers and his stats back him up too strong.

Sidbury is probably a 2nd rounder right now and Loadholt is a 2nd-early 4th at worst.

Naw Sidbury is considered still a low 3rd or high 4th round picks. But it might change when he has pro day. Man I hope we get this guy in the 3rd he is one sick dude. But one thing I am concerned with is can he convert OLB. His spin move is silly.

Naw Sidbury is considered still a low 3rd or high 4th round picks. But it might change when he has pro day. Man I hope we get this guy in the 3rd he is one sick dude. But one thing I am concerned with is can he convert OLB. His spin move is silly.

That would be nice. Man, it's cool knowing his Father personally with him being the manager at my job, and his son signing with his fav team.

same reason why hightower wasnt a 1st last year. small scool and conference.

Not to nit-pick, because while it's fair to call Richmond a "small school," the CAA is far from a typical small conference. Far and away the best I-AA conference overall over the past few years (the only even semi-comparable being the SoCon). The CAA has actually finished ahead in the Sagarins of some I-A conferences in the past few years.

whats the knock on Sidbury?

i've read the positives in the thread, there has to be a reason he's projected in the 2nd or 3rd.

Is he injury prone...I remember he was hurt for the FCS playoffs last year because he didn't come to Boone. After seeing this guy beat up my school this year in the playoffs (app state) I would absolutely LOVE to have this guy.

"Very athletic...Good bulk...Has extremely long arms...Excellent timed speed...Really quick with a burst...Can be a force off the edge...Great mobility and range...Terrific motor...Does a nice job in pursuit...Has big hands...Versatile...Team leader...Productive...Has a ton of upside."

"Could also project at Outside Linebacker."

He had 11.5 sacks as a senior

I go to school in Richmond and this guy is one of the best kep secrets in the draft. He ran the fastest 40 time of any DE in the 4.6's. Can serve as our speed rusher off the edge. Skins are known to have good luck with guys from small schools, give this guy a look.

Those are some good picks :thumbsup: Well have to see how it all plays out

Looks like he could be a mean Sam LB.

he looks like a young marcus washington to me. a guy who would be all over the place but can put his hand in the dirt and rush the qb when needed.

my question is is that if we can trade back and are in a position to grab a guy like sintim who would be a better fit for the skins? admittedly im not very knowledgeable on sintim but from what i have read he looks like he could fill the same role as sidbury.

Archived