Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andre Smith

IbleedBnG83

Read a few things that brought up concerns about Smith and how it may affect his draft stock and who we would draft....

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

"Some NFL scouts are reportedly concerned about Alabama LT Andre Smith's ability to control his weight.

Smith, listed at 6'4/330, was known to fluctuate into 350-pound territory with the Crimson Tide. The weight gain could result in sloppy footwork and raises questions about his work ethic. Though widely considered a top-five lock, Smith has drawn comparisons to Leonard Davis and Levi Brown."

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/bernies-extra-points/bernies-extra-points/2009/01/5-minutes-for-blogging-jan-8-early-evening/

"4. SPEAKING OF THE NFL DRAFT: Is anyone else uncomfortable with the idea of the Rams drafting Alabama offensive tackle Andre Smith with the No. 2 overall pick? Smith is the elite player at his position in this draft class, but he was bounced from the ‘Bama team before the Sugar Bowl amid allegations that he had improper dealings with an agent. And some scouts worry about Smith being able to control his weight. The Rams have made OT a priority this offseason, but is Smith too much of a risk?"

If he is there at 13 would you grab him if Oher and Monroe or gone? Maybe Jason Smith who is on the rise?

If Smith were there at 13 and Oher and Monroe were gone, I'd probably dangle a trade down.

This would be especially promising if the Lions go Stafford at #1. How could they resist drafting arguably the best LT in the draft to compliment their Savior? #20 and #33 would be fine with me, although in terms of draft value it doesn't make sense for them.

No need to worry about it, the Raiders will take him if no one else does.

I just want to keep seeing these underclass men going into the draft so Eugene Monroe falls to us at #13. I do not watch college football at all, but anyone who is good enough to prevent Brandon Albert from being a starting LT is good enough in my books.

Andre Smith is vastly overrated. He has weight issues and his footwork isnt the best of top 4. I hope he does go high because if he falls I dont want him.[/Quote]

Most posters on the SEC boards that I read think Oher is much better than Smith.

He dominated. What risk would he pose with us by contacting an agent.. unless it is the Postons or Rasunhaus (sp.)

He denies contact with an agent. The rumor now is that he was being paid to autograph items that were being sold on Ebay or was possibly getting a cut from the sale of autographed items.

I think there just might be some good quality OT's other than the aforementioned big four and I do think VC will be able to find a partner to trade down with.

Loadholt could be a possibility in the early 2nd round or late first. Load could step in and play RT immediately. There are other possibilties too depending on how things shake out and more guys could declare.

It would be awesome if we could snag a guy like Loadholt, an OC and a DT like Jarron Gilbert. That's what I would be looking to do...

Archived