Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WANTED: Redskins Tent/Canopy

E44

I was looking to buy a Redskins Canopy. I cant find them anywhere. If someone has one for sale please let me know: terrapinball@yahoo.com

Thanks.

If you happen to be in a Wal-Mart, check there. One in Fredericksburg had straight-leg canopies for a killer price. And they also had side walls on hand as well ... (I'm going to check next weekend to see if they still have any left)

Hey Rick: did you get a replacement for the one that broke in Baltimore?

cheers

• 5 months later...
If you happen to be in a Wal-Mart, check there. One in Fredericksburg had straight-leg canopies for a killer price. And they also had side walls on hand as well ... (I'm going to check next weekend to see if they still have any left)

Hey Rick: did you get a replacement for the one that broke in Baltimore?

cheers

Well...yes, and no.

The "canopy" incident broke Dave's too so I bought him one. He found a smokin' good deal at a Walmart somewhere. It ended up being around $100.00.

I still haven't bought a replacement. So many people bring canopies to the tailgates that there's really no need.*

*that's my version

The truth of the matter is that Mrs Skinsfan put it into no uncertain terms that I'm not getting another canopy after destroying two!!!

Maybe later.....

Mine have broken a number of times, but I've been able to fix them.

Also, this place has parts, or you can buy the whole frame:

http://www.hutshop.com/canopyparts1.html

The popular frames are the First-up frames. They seem to hold up the best.

The canopies can be disassembled pretty easily (unlike the chairs). So if one breaks and you can't fix it for some reason, another option is you can get a second one and use the first one for parts.

Wind and rain.

At the Baltimore TG last year, the wind was so strong, it just crushed canopies - like mashing a over ripe melon with your foot.

If it rains and water collects in the over-head and you don't periodically push it out, the frame will evenually collapse from the weight.

• 1 year later...
I'm having trouble locating a Redskins Canopy. Looks like everything I find on the web is out of stock or very pricey. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can go to find one?

I seem to remember seeing some at the Wal*Mart in Ferry Farms in Fredercksburg last year. I would imagien they are gone by now as they were on clearance. Anyways, might be worth checking Wal*Mart some time soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Dick's Sporting Goods at Spotsylvania Towne Centre has some. I think the sizes are 8' x8' and 9' x 12'. If you are on I95, get off at exit 130 and head west of Route 3, the mall, er Towne Centre will be on your left less than 1 mile after you get off of I95. Dick's is in the front of the mall (near Belk).

The one in Massaponix does not appear to have any.

• 4 weeks later...

I found the 10x10 First Up Redskins gazebo/canopy at the Walmart in Burke, VA for $120 if anyone is still looking.

I spent all morning calling all the Walmarts in the DMV and from Harrisburg, PA down to the DMV. Only place that still had stock was the Walmart in Burke. They had 7 left after I bought mine.

I freakin' drove 5 hours down and back for a freakin' canopy. :ols:

At least I won't get burned from being in the FedEx parking lot tailgating for 8 hours on Sunday! :D

By the way, I found lots of Walmarts with gazebos for the Eagles, Steelers and Ravens. Now what does that say......

Called the Burke walmart to see if i paid now if I could pickup on the 19th and was told NO...and they wont hold for anyone...its first come first serve...But they do have 7 left as of today....anyone going from PA PM me I'll pay for the gas if you go get 2...HAIL

Called the Burke walmart to see if i paid now if I could pickup on the 19th and was told NO...and they wont hold for anyone...its first come first serve...But they do have 7 left as of today....anyone going from PA PM me I'll pay for the gas if you go get 2...HAIL

Yeah....I got the same answer about holding one for me for a couple hours.

Funny how all these PA Redskins fans want one now. :D

I just do not understand why these things are not available online. Yes, it is heavy....but a fan is going to pay for the shipping if he really wants it.

Archived