Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LaRon is our blessing

dposton

As hard as it is to get over Sean's death, I am convinced that God never allows one thing to be taken and not bless us with something else.

In HIS infinite wisdom, HE knew that HE needed a safety up there. HE knew that much more should come from Sean's life than a football legacy. He knew that the Redskins would need someone to pick up where Sean left off.

HE took his safety home. HE had Sean and his life vindicated before millions who viewed his homegoing services. And..... HE blessed us with LaRon.

We can never search HIS wisdom and know why. We just have to know that all things work together for good for those that love the Lord and keep his commandments.

It was shown without a doubt that Sean loved the Lord. It was said over and over again. HIS pastor, who is the under Shepherd said it. So, with the knowledge that Sean knew his Savior, I can be at peace knowing that it is all working together for the good. Rest in Peace, Sean.

God bless everyone on that team.

I will let everyone see things as they want to without picking them apart for it.

That said, I have a thought or two on this matter that it just now occurred to me to share with you all.

I look at young Mr. Landry, and think;"Wow! What paralells there are to Taylor!"

And also;"What are the chances of ONE team bringing in TWO players, one right behind the other, that have/had the chance to be HOFers?!"

Maybe just mere coincidence. But it is impressive, to say the least.

A blessing, a coincidence, a fortunate turn of events... you can call it what you want.

The bottom line is we have been graced with the presence of two phenomenal safeties and men in the past few years and I'm looking forward to seeing Laron's development.

See my signature for details...

BUT....

these threads are now a dime a dozen and really are starting to wear a lot of us out....

I agree. But far from "wearing me out," I find them actually offensive.

It offends me that fans claim to know god and claim the support of god.

I am so excited about winning this weekend, but what if we don't?

Suppose we lose?

How much of IDIOTS do all of our fans look who claimed that God was on our side? Suppose we lose and LaRon plays poorly. How IDIOTIC does it look that we claimed God blessed us with LaRon when he took Sean?

The death of Taylor is a tragedy. I am so happy we are playing well because it brings brightness to an otherwise sad season.

But it is sheer STUPIDITY, ARROGANCE, and OFFENSIVENESS to have all of these threads about how God is intervening in our season. We cannot know what God wants or why he does anything. We cannot even know if God exists, so it is sheer asinity to claim to know his motivations and goals. In fact, it is an insult to God to claim to know the mind of God.

I really think it does a discredit to the memory of Sean Taylor and the effort of his teammates to construct this ridiculous Disney-movie-plot-line about how the loss is part of a bigger success.

This is REALITY folks. Quit acting like we live in la-la land where everything has a reason and we can know why things happen.

If we knew what life was about then there would be no point in living.

I would venture to say that the point of life is to leave a legacy so that you're never really "gone". It is to affect as many lives as possible, so that as many people as possible: attend your funeral, tell your story, aspire to be like you, etc. This is on a personal level.

On a larger scale, I believe that it is about furthering the human race. To have lived a meaningful life, one would need to procreate, and pass on their knowledge to their children. This way, one's posterity would always have more knowledge and more wealth than the previous generation. Some people can't have children, but this doesn't mean that they can't still touch other people's lives and leave a legacy.

If kids are starting over at square one and don't live fuller lives than their parents, than someone did something wrong. It would also be bad if the whole human race went the way of the dinosaurs.

I agree. But far from "wearing me out," I find them actually offensive.

It offends me that fans claim to know god and claim the support of god.

I am so excited about winning this weekend, but what if we don't?

Suppose we lose?

How much of IDIOTS do all of our fans look who claimed that God was on our side? Suppose we lose and LaRon plays poorly. How IDIOTIC does it look that we claimed God blessed us with LaRon when he took Sean?

The death of Taylor is a tragedy. I am so happy we are playing well because it brings brightness to an otherwise sad season.

But it is sheer STUPIDITY, ARROGANCE, and OFFENSIVENESS to have all of these threads about how God is intervening in our season. We cannot know what God wants or why he does anything. We cannot even know if God exists, so it is sheer asinity to claim to know his motivations and goals. In fact, it is an insult to God to claim to know the mind of God.

I really think it does a discredit to the memory of Sean Taylor and the effort of his teammates to construct this ridiculous Disney-movie-plot-line about how the loss is part of a bigger success.

This is REALITY folks. Quit acting like we live in la-la land where everything has a reason and we can know why things happen.

I am not saying that God is on our side. I am attempting, through what we do know of God and the word HE has left us to speak comfort to a community that has been, and for some are still, devastated by these events. If LaRon plays poorly and we lose, we are still blessed to have such a talented young player. I, in no way believe that with famine, war and the other ills of the world, that God is going to affect the outcome of a football game, unless it serves a purpose. The Bible tells us that God works in mysterious ways. Who is to say that he is not using Sean to get to a team of previous underachievers to show them, first that there is more to life than football and secondly, with belief, they can do anything, even go to the Super Bowl.

You are right to say that we do not know the mind of God. But for those of us that do believe He exists, the only thing we can do is search for the answers in HIS word. All I have provided in the original post are the things that God said and that Sean did. I am glad about that and thought I would share it with others.

I apologize if I have offended you, but I do not apologize for believing that there is a God and that Sean is with HIM.

Archived