Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You make the decisions for the skins what would you do about MLB.

we_want_56

1. No, I'm not. Marshall clearly isn't a leader on or off the field and thats a big problem coming from your MLB.

2. I'm not sure if I would this year because I believe the DE and CB positions are in greater need. London Fletcher is a FA option I would consider. Perhaps if Gaines Adams and Alan Branch are both off the board I would trade down a few picks adding a 2nd rounder and would use the 2nd rounder on a MLB.

2 Part Question

1. Are you satisfied about Marshall being our MLB next year.

2. If not how would you fiz it.

please be realistic.

Definitely not happy with Marshall in the middle, too small and seems to have lost a step.

How to fix it; get a prototypical MLB in FA. Don't follow other teams too much so looking at the FA LB's available it doesn't list who's a middle or outside. Any linebacker from Chicago or Baltimore would be good IMO though. :2cents:

1. No, I'm not. Marshall clearly isn't a leader on or off the field and thats a big problem coming from your MLB.

2. I'm not sure if I would this year because I believe the DE and CB positions are in greater need. London Fletcher is a FA option I would consider. Perhaps if Gaines Adams and Alan Branch are both off the board I would trade down a few picks adding a 2nd rounder and would:cool: use the 2nd rounder on a MLB.

Yea I agree. But I don't think this team can produce with Marshall being our Middle next year. He needs to be our LB in Nickle and Dime situations IMO.

How about this. Sign Adailus Thonas to play outside then either Washington or Rocky move inside. Preferebly Marcus cause he is that leader he can tackle abd he is big enough to get the job done,

Eh, I don't think there is a solution. Marshall hasn't played poorly enough to lose the spot to a rookie or some other linebacker (Briggs, Thomas, ect.) who doesn't play MLB.

It would be interesting to see what Marcus can do in the MLB spot, but I always liked him on the edge. Don't know if he's blitzing or covering the TE or dropping into a zone.

I really don't want London Fletcher. I think his best years are behind him. I don't care if he does know the system. The Skins need to get younger.

The Redskins best MLB in the past 5 years has been an undrafted free agent. I think that Gibbs and GW can pick one up in the late rounds or maybe even after the draft.

Eh, I don't think there is a solution. Marshall hasn't played poorly enough to lose the spot to a rookie or some other linebacker (Briggs, Thomas, ect.) who doesn't play MLB.

It would be interesting to see what Marcus can do in the MLB spot, but I always liked him on the edge. Don't know if he's blitzing or covering the TE or dropping into a zone.

I really don't want London Fletcher. I think his best years are behind him. I don't care if he does know the system. The Skins need to get younger.

The Redskins best MLB in the past 5 years has been an undrafted free agent. I think that Gibbs and GW can pick one up in the late rounds or maybe even after the draft.

Gibbs and GW did NOT develop Antonio Pierce. All they did was let him go :doh:

Rocky is not a good fit at MLB.

Depending on where the team finishes, a MLB like Patrick Willis in the 1st could make sense. If the team could pick up a 2nd rounder, FSU MLB Buster Davis or Cal MLB Desmond Bishop would be 2 options.

FA wise, there isnt much there, maybe KCs Kawika Mitchell?

Rocky is not a good fit at MLB.

Depending on where the team finishes, a MLB like Patrick Willis in the 1st could make sense. If the team could pick up a 2nd rounder, FSU MLB Buster Davis or Cal MLB Desmond Bishop would be 2 options.

FA wise, there isnt much there, maybe KCs Kawika Mitchell?

There isn't a lot that would make the Skins younger. I haven't seen much of Mitchell.

Gibbs and GW did NOT develop Antonio Pierce. All they did was let him go :doh:

Ummm . . . then who did? I mean, he wasn't very good his first year. Obviously coaching had SOMETHING to do with it . . .

Fix the defensive line first. If we could land Branch(the 6'6" 330 DT) to pair with Griffin, that would free up players like Marshall and Washington to run to the ball.

As far as the Skins finding a Mike backer in the later rounds, I'm skeptical to say the least. I thought that's why we drafted McCune? Big,physical guy to groom into a MLB. Now he's with the Dolphins= another miss with a draft pick.

Buster Davis, undersized might not test well so we can steal him late, hopefully! the man loves the game is a leader and hits like a TRUCK

Yea I like him too. He is not as tall as the prototypical player so he might drop a little(hopefully). I hope we get him. He looks like he can be a really good player.

Fix the defensive line first. If we could land Branch(the 6'6" 330 DT) to pair with Griffin, that would free up players like Marshall and Washington to run to the ball.

As far as the Skins finding a Mike backer in the later rounds, I'm skeptical to say the least. I thought that's why we drafted McCune? Big,physical guy to groom into a MLB. Now he's with the Dolphins= another miss with a draft pick.

Exactly, what were seeing this year is no one eating up blockers on the D-line and letting the other teams 0-line get a hat on our LB's, Marshall did not seem to have a problem last year did he? If we dont get a Dt then we have to look at a bigger MLB who can shed blocks and clog the middle.

Napolean Harris, MLB from the Vikings will be a FA.

Harris, Rocky, Marcus at LB. Draft a DE or DT. Sign a FA CB.

Thats not a bad idea. The vikings do have the best run defense in the league, I know its mostly due to the big guys they have up front but I am sure Harris helped that out as well. Thanks for pointing that one out did not know he was a FA.

Give Marshall one more year. Everyone on this defense has had a bad year, even the most capable of our players (S. Taylor, Washington) have looked like mediocre defenders this season. I think Marshall's success is a good thing for this organization and we should try to create a better situation with our linebackers on the D-Line. That's where I would like to see our #1 pick go.

I do not think, however, we should completely ignore the depth issues at LB. Whether through the draft or some modest FA signings, I think SLB and MLB are positions that need to be pushed as there is little competition behind them. Bring in a vet to push or guide Marshall along and if his lackluster play continues, we have a decent plan B.

Napolean Harris, MLB from the Vikings will be a FA.

Harris, Rocky, Marcus at LB. Draft a DE or DT. Sign a FA CB.

I usually agree with you Jim but not this time. I just have the feeling that if Marshall had played behind those Minny DTs he'd look pretty good too. Marshall needs more help up front IMO.

Give Marshall one more year. Everyone on this defense has had a bad year, even the most capable of our players (S. Taylor, Washington) have looked like mediocre defenders this season. I think Marshall's success is a good thing for this organization and we should try to create a better situation with our linebackers on the D-Line. That's where I would like to see our #1 pick go.

I do not think, however, we should completely ignore the depth issues at LB. Whether through the draft or some modest FA signings, I think SLB and MLB are positions that need to be pushed as there is little competition behind them. Bring in a vet to push or guide Marshall along and if his lackluster play continues, we have a decent plan B.

I agree. Marshall was good last year, this year I lay the fault at the entire D... not on him. I'm all for depth, but I think this should still be his job to lose.

Archived