Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obstructed View?

maraujo

Quick question guys...I have the opportunity to purchase a couple tickets for the season opener. The seats are in Section 214, Row 17, 19 & 20. Is anyone familiar enough with these seats to say weather or not they are limited or obstructed view?

Thanks in advance for any help...

sorry, section 214, not 217...

The good news is row 17 is not far under the overhang. The bad news is your seats put you in the area of a large pillar. If you are to the left of the pillar, you should be OK. IF to the right...don't touch them with a ten foot pole.

On the other hand, there are lots of open seats available during preseason and you can probably just move to an open seat if yours are bad.

Okay, so I asked the guy specifically if the words "limited view" or "obstructed view" appear on the face of the tickets...he says no, it says "terrace seating". What is that?!? Are these decent seats?!?

I've never heard of the phrase "terrace seating" printed on the tix. The phrase must be new this year. The phrase is not printed on my upper level tix. But the phrase obstructed view is printed on my 200 level tix. Since the phrase "obstructed view" is not printed on either of the tickets in question, I think we can assume the view is not obstructed. But could it be limited (e.g. corner endzone blocked)?

If you can get the guy to tell you what the face value is, as printed on the ticket, I think it will take out some of the mystery.

Okay, so I asked the guy specifically if the words "limited view" or "obstructed view" appear on the face of the tickets...he says no, it says "terrace seating". What is that?!? Are these decent seats?!?

Those seats suck.....corner of the end-zone, deep in a tunnel with an overhang and pillars to obstruct the view......

I've heard Snyder is upset that he is running out of places to put fans. He is going to borrow an idea from the ESPN SkyCam and just suspend seats from the roof, maybe even let them follow the SkyCam in a roller coaster fashion. But is having a problem finding a way to sell these people $7 beers in plastic cups because it keeps spilling.

Quick question guys...I have the opportunity to purchase a couple tickets for the season opener. The seats are in Section 214, Row 17, 19 & 20. Is anyone familiar enough with these seats to say weather or not they are limited or obstructed view?

Thanks in advance for any help...

sorry, section 214, not 217...

I have season tickets in sec 214 row 21 seats 11,12, & 13. My tickets say obstructed view on them. There is an overhang and a pole slightly in the way. Seat number 11 has the most obstruction and it is only the bottom right hand corner of the endzone. Seat 13 had very little obstruction if any at all but the overhang. I love my seats. Would I upgrade to get out of the cave and move to the 100's or lower in the 200's....oh hell yeah, but for the price ($29) a ticket face value and considering I am number 125,143 on the wait list I am happy with my seats. Beside I usually move to vacant seats sometime in the 2nd quarter in the 100's. Gets me in the stadium and there are 3 big TV monitors right infront of you if you happen to miss something.

So, for your question yes there will be an overhang four rows down from me but your are far enough to the middle of that row that the pole should not be in your way. My seats are aisle seats and you are 6 or 7 seats down from me. The tickets should say limited view right above the number of home game it is at the bottom of the ticket. If they are cheap enough I say get them the view is not bad. Just remember they are only $29 face value.

>> Terrace seating is a fancy way of saying you are under the overhang and can't see the sky. The Nats have some seats like this at RFK. The obstructed view seats start in row 13 or 14. If you are within 6 seats of the aisle (seats 1-6 or 18 - 24?), you should be OK.

If the ticket says "obstructed view" STAY AWAY, those tickets should just read, "bend over, grab your ankles becasue our lovely Mr. Snyder is about to get ya"

Awesome stadium we have but those seats are garbage...

Agreed. Can you believe that slimeball actually sold obstructed view tickets and didn't tell people?

My seats are in section 229, row 14. Last year, my tickets did not say "limited view" or obstructed view, they said nothing at all. This year they say terrace seating. So, what I can tell you about terrace seating is that none of the view is obstructed by any pillars or polls. The actual field is fully viewable. The over-hang from the club level does block views of really high puts, but you can see field goals. Also, the scoreboard is blocked but not the crappy jumbo trons. Also, the face value (not including the high PG taxes is $79 a ticket). Hope this helps.

My seats are in section 229, row 14. Last year, my tickets did not say "limited view" or obstructed view, they said nothing at all. This year they say terrace seating. So, what I can tell you about terrace seating is that none of the view is obstructed by any pillars or polls. The actual field is fully viewable. The over-hang from the club level does block views of really high puts, but you can see field goals. Also, the scoreboard is blocked but not the crappy jumbo trons. Also, the face value (not including the high PG taxes is $79 a ticket). Hope this helps.

Ahh. So the price of "terrace seating" is reduced from what others are paying for a clear view (e.g. the 100 level).

So we have

"Obstructed View" in the 200 level: $29

"Limited View" in the 200 level: $54

"Terrace Seating" in the 200 level between rows 14 & 18: $79

...and all other lower bowl seats: $99

Plus 10 % tax.

This is good info. THANKS

Archived