Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP - Redskins' Taylor fined but not suspended

JimmiJo

http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/sports/football/15220140.htm

Redskins' Taylor fined but not suspended

Associated Press

ASHBURN, Va. - Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor has been fined but will not be suspended for his no-contest pleas in an assault case in Florida.

The NFL announced Monday that Taylor has been fined four 2005 game checks - which amounts to $71,764 based on a salary of $305,000 - for pleading no contest in June to misdemeanor counts of simple battery and simple assault arising from a dispute over all-terrain vehicles in Miami in 2005.

In a statement, the NFL said Taylor will have the opportunity to earn back a portion of the fine if he complies with specified league requirements. The statement did not list what those requirements are. A league spokesman said he had no further information available.

Taylor ignored questions from several reporters as he left the field following Monday's practice.

"I'm just glad it's behind us," coach Joe Gibbs said. "I'm certainly glad he's going to be with us all year."

Click on link for full article...

Are they ever going to stop mentioning that he was fined for skipping that rookie symposium??

Once you get a reputation, it's hard to shake. And in all articles that have anything to do with your character, all your previous transgressions will find their way out.

We could all just put $3.00 each in a cup for him at the opener and he'll get most of it back...lol

I'm just glad that Brad Johnson will get to be up close and personal with him in the opener and he and T.O. can get reaquainted in Dallas week 2.

Merge only if I cited the exact same source. Otherwise it is a stand-alone, separate source.

Right on the money. The other thread was basically an audio source with members reporting it, while this is an actual printed story.

The game is about a lot more than just forced fumbles, brah

Yeah. Something tells me you missed the point.

In any case, the notion that any team is glad a member of the opposing team (who has never done much of anything versus said team) is not playing is a little ridiculous to me. To each his own, I guess.

In any case, the notion that any team is glad a member of the opposing team (who has never done much of anything versus said team) is not playing is a little ridiculous to me. To each his own, I guess.

Well, you might want to ask T. Glenn about ST. He doesn't even want to catch passes around him.

Oh, I don't know. I would say knocking the ball out of Crayton's hands and forcing a fourth down thus costing the cowboys an opportunity to win a game in which they were down 14-13 is something.

That and the stark fear in T. Glenns eyes when he has to go across the middle.

:yikes:

Oh, I don't know. I would say knocking the ball out of Crayton's hands and forcing a fourth down thus costing the cowboys an opportunity to win a game in which they were down 14-13 is something.

That and the stark fear in T. Glenns eyes when he has to go across the middle.

:yikes:

But ST only forced one fumble vs the Cowboys :laugh:

I'm rarely one to pat myself on the back for anything, but

I've said all along that I don't think he'll be suspended. First off, if he was going to be suspended, they would've done it awhile ago, just look at how fast Odell Thurman got his punishment handed down. Second, Sean didn't really do anything THAT worthy of a 1 game suspension, let alone 2 games. All that's really been admitted is that he got into a fist fight, end of story, not enough to take games out of the guy's season, especially since he has community service work issued by the court. Third, I don't think the NFL would take a player like Taylor out of the first two games of the season when both will be huge national TV match ups. :2cents:
I really, honestly would've been very surprised if he HAD been suspended. I can't wait for the opening game vs. the Vikes- we're going to make the second Dallas game last year look like a close one in comparison.

As terrified as his one career forced fumble against the Boys probably makes them, I don't think they're losing any sleep. :laugh:
I'm not entirely sure, but I think you may unintentionally and ironically pointing out that hit on Patrick Crayton that was obviously a forced fumble that got called back. Either way, his presence does wonders on the field for our defense. By the way, lets not turn this into a Sean Taylor vs. Roy Williams thread. I am sick to death of arguing that.

Archived