Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT: Is Manning destined to become the next Marino?

grampi

He'll win at least one, but I've said before....finesse gets you nowhere come playoff time.

I agree......they got smashed in the mouth simply because Pittsburgh fought harder for it. Indy is way better than the team they fielded this weekend, which, unfortunately, is becoming common for them in the playoffs. Kinda sad, I like watching them play.

Guest sith lord

He might, but time is running out. You can only be good for so long and they've been good for awhile. I can see them falling to the pack a bit next year.

of course peyton will win a SB. the nfl was a different league in marino's day. more honest. as it changes into parity, we started seeing the media darling/nationally popular team start to get softer schedules and preferential calls. elway never pulled off a SB victory back in the day even though he was one of the best ever. only towards the end of his career win the nfl/media started hyping "his last chances" did he win. you see it on SC and every other national sports show. only the nationally popular teams get coverage/hype.

example, using the Skins -

2nd eagle/Skins game, Skins winning going into the half. closing highlights are iggles ONLY. coming back from the half suzy colber actually says "the iggles are down, but not for long"

dallas is knocked from the playoffs, Skins advance. but because chicken of the sea signs a contract extension the "experts" pick dallass to likely win the nfc next year.

and this one is the worst, if you havent seen it and youre a Skins fan you will be upset...new, SB commercial (abc i think) celebrating 40 years with clips of SB coaches on the sideline has not one shot of Joe Gibbs, even though is is one of a handfull of coaches to win 3 and is in the HOF.

in todays nfl you have to be a media darling or your uphill battle is a LOT steeper all season long.

I don't ever remember Marino having the type of offensive weapons or defense that Manning has.

Exactly. Marino would have won at least a superbowl if he was surrounded by a running back as good as Edgerrin James.

and this one is the worst, if you havent seen it and youre a Skins fan you will be upset...new, SB commercial (abc i think) celebrating 40 years with clips of SB coaches on the sideline has not one shot of Joe Gibbs, even though is is one of a handfull of coaches to win 3 and is in the HOF.

Yeah...you're talking about the Coors Light commercial, right? Not a speck of Gibbs or the Redskins in that whole commercial. I find it hard to believe that they would totally diss the Redskins, who won at least as many, if not more, Super Bowls than some of the coaches and teams shown in the ad. Maybe Gibbs/Snyder/etc. didn't want to be a part of that commercial???

example, using the Skins -

2nd eagle/Skins game, Skins winning going into the half. closing highlights are iggles ONLY. coming back from the half suzy colber actually says "the iggles are down, but not for long"

The score at the half was 17-10 with the eagles leading. Either Suzy Kolber is on LSD or you are. Man that bias media against the redskins. Saying the redskins are winning games when they aren't. Its just not fair. Joe Gibbs is bigger then Jesus, when will the rest of the world figure it out?

Archived