Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Identify this photo

theninja

This picture is in a metal frame with a glass cover and roughly 5 foot tall x 3 foot wide. It was in very bad shape when I got it 5 years ago.

I also think the other team is the Rams (very hard to tell) so that would make it 1971 @ LA Rams. Skins won 38-24. But I am still not positive.

I will get a better pic of it in the daylight and post it.

The Redskins only wore that helmet from 1970-71, so i've narrowed it down that far for ya.

Can't make out the other team.

The goalposts weren't moved to the endlines until 1974. Those posts aren't on the goalline.

It looks like the Rams and Skins with the R in a circle, but it's not 1971, it has to be later due to the placement of the goalposts.

The goalposts weren't moved to the endlines until 1974. Those posts aren't on the goalline.

It looks like the Rams and Skins with the R in a circle, but it's not 1971, it has to be later due to the placement of the goalposts.

Riddell says the Skins only wore that helmet from 70-71, so I have to go on that, the depth could be off because of a bad angle which could explain the goalposts looking out of place.

Those goalposts are "curved" which means that they are definately on the endline. I'm suggesting that those are not the ® helmets and only look like them in the photo.

Also, the curved posts weren't even the 1st sort on the endline. Those were of the "high school" variety(straight).

This picture is either dr.ed or isn't nearly as old as it appears.

Those goalposts are "curved" which means that they are definately on the endline. I'm suggesting that those are not the ® helmets and only look like them in the photo.

Also, the curved posts weren't even the 1st sort on the endline. Those were of the "high school" variety(straight).

This picture is either dr.ed or isn't nearly as old as it appears.

I think that the most odvious thing about the picture is the ® helmets.

It's certainly not the helmet with this as it's logo :logo:

Also, the Redskins have only had 2 colored helmets, Burgandy and Yellow, this picture is clearly of a yellow helmet and not burgandy.

70 or 71

eagles or Rams, beacause of the shoulder stripes

can't be the Eagles, the Eagles had a white helmet with a green wing from 69-73.

but it could be the Rams, they had a dark blue helmet with a white horn.

Edit: I have my doubts about the Rams because you should be able to see the horns on atleast one of those helmets, even from a front view. The horn on that helmet took up a fairly large portion of the helmet, just dosen't look possible.

Definately the ®, but also after 1973.

Try researching the last time that not only the referee wore a white cap.

I just don't see how it could be any year other than 70-71 because Riddell the maker of the helmet says that is the only year that helmet was worn.

Archived