Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reason why we lost: O-line was awful (MERGED)

TheLongshot

i agree , but it was both of our lines , D and O , our o-line is so over-rated this offseason all we need is line work and we should go ahead and throw cambell in for the last 6 games and see whats up cause we arent going anywhere with the boys and giants looking as good as they do , ahh well peoplepicked us to finish last we are lucky to be here where we are and we just arent that good yet ...maybe next year

I thought this problem was obvious last year, and the skins addressed the problem with a new C, should've also added a new LG, the protection only looks tight against lousy teams. Starting to wonder if this line is so Great if the problem lies with the O-line Coach...

This is not entirely the O-Line's fault. All of the pass rushes came off the edge because Brunell doesn't step up into the pocket. It's simple geometry. The farther Brunell drops back, the more likely it is that the DE's don't have to go through a blocker to get to him. Obviously, Mark Brunell is stupid because he doesn't understand this.

Is it me or for goddammotherfinsake our D line never gets a hand on the QB and our O line can't block for S****, ever other play our QB's are running for there lifes and the opposing QB just sits there with no pressure..:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Maybe Dan Snyder can pay the mods to insert a new smiley that says REDSKINS SUCK

Jansen had trouble in pass protection today, but generally he has been ok this year. Jansen has always been a great run blocker.

Samuels isn't good at either, he isn't a good pass blocker or run blocker.

I actually believe that next year we may want to cut Samuels, eat his cap hit, because what we have been doing by continually restructuring his huge contract is digging ourselves a deeper hole.

Is it me or for goddammotherfinsake our D line never gets a hand on the QB and our O line can't block for S****, ever other play our QB's are running for there lifes and the opposing QB just sits there with no pressure..:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Maybe Dan Snyder can pay the mods to insert a new smiley that says REDSKINS SUCK

There's no getting around our offense and defensive line play is killing us.The offensive line cannot deal with the blitz and our defensive line cannot get to the qb when we blitz before he throws the ball and leaves our ld's and db's in tough spot.Don't have answer for problem this year because we have to play with personal we have on roster.Our offensive line play is pressuring Brunell to much for his abilities anymore.Gibbs and company better start coaching there butts off if we are going to save this season.I havn't given up yet but looking bleak.

It's sad. We don't have the talent on the d-line, especially with Griffin out, to generate any kind of pressure. I put that on the front office, who apparently has a rule against drafting defensive linemen. The offensive line has been underachieving all year. The holes are few are far between for Portis and Brunell is running for his life every other passing down -- even though we frickin' max protect on every play. Of all the coaches on the Skins staff, Joe Bugel's rep has taken the best hit.

Everyone thought that our O-Line would be one of the better units in the league, when in fact it's been FAR from it.

Early in the year the run blocking was terrible, but the pass blocking was pretty solid.

Now the run blocking is pretty solid and the pass blocking is bad.

It's always something with our team. We can never get all sides of the ball moving at the same pace.

Archived