Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT: Just hit the D@mn Ball!!

NavyDave

Agreed. the hecklers need to knock it off. Aside from being rude and displaying a lack of tact, it almost seems to be firing the lad up. Although like Dave, I really wish he'd hit the d*** ball. :D

I hate Sergio- he's a whiny little squirt who thinks wayyyyy too much of himself. Remind me, what has he won lately? All I see is an inconsistent, vastly overhyped golfer who gets hot on occasion. I think it's hilarious that people are heckling him, in the same way that I think it's hilarious to heckle Collin Montgomery.

Sergio couldn't hold Tiger's jock, yet for years people have tried to make him into Tiger's rival. :laugh:

I like Sergio, but I do wish he would hit the damn ball. I counted 22 times on one hole that he tapped the ground with the club and adjusted his stance before swinging. Reminded me of Ted Knight in Caddyshack (with better results of course).

I saw twice at the end of his round Tiger had to stop and reset because someone said something and maybe camera noise. Camera noise???? Was the camera in his ear??? But the one time he was almost ready to pull the trigger and someone tried to screw with him. Has to be the worst golf cowrd I have ever seen.

I flat out dislike Tiger and it all stems from the fact he is the best. I get sick of Tiger this, Tiger that. I don't care who beats him as long as someone does. It could be a dress wearin girlie-man that wins.... oh yea Dieon doesn't play golf..... ok just anyone please beat Tiger tomorrow.

I like Greg Norman but even at his best he wasn't as good as Tiger and if he was the only one in front of you on the last 9 in the MAsters you pretty much won... I am just gonna have to wait and see him take over the seniors ina few years....:D

For the life of me I drew a blank with the name Ted Knight. Thought of the same thing Brave while watching today. Think Tiger's going to be shooting the lad a few "hurry the @#$% up looks while they play in the final round? 57, when the Redskins start to dominate and become the best :D and all everybody hears is Redskins this and Redskins that, I hope that similar feelings of dislike don't crop up. ;)

Right, Wrong, or Indifferent:

Sergio is second at the U.S. Open and probably makes more than all of us combined, including a vast majority of those idiot fans who seem to think they have the right to buy a ticket and then act like a$$hole$!! Do they sell those tickets only to idiots or are there any ADULTS involved?!?

The fact of the matter is that Sergio makes his living on the links; you don't have to like it or agree with it but if he has to pat the driver 50 times, rip his shirt off and make his head go around in order to hit the ball straight, so be it!! Fact of the matter is for all of us amateur linksters, if patting the driver 50 times at the tee made all of our drives go straight plus 50 yards, every last one of us would be doing it!!!!!!

Until we're the ones out there making a living on the golf course, the best we can do is register a complaint -- and last time I looked -- complaints plus a $1.49 will get you a grande coffee at Starbucks!

Sometimes we just need to sit back and enjoy the show, instead of finding ways we think will make it all better!! Incidently, if Sergio just happens to beat Tiger today - there will be an article in next month's Golf Digest on "Tee Box Patting - You Too Can Hit It Straight!" Let play Golf!!!

Why do you have to be quiet for golf? When a basketball player is taking a foul shot everyone is doing everything possible to break his concentration. Baseball and Football fans can scream thru the whole game. Are you telling me it takes more concentration to hit a stationary golf ball then to hit a 90 mph fastball? Oh wait, your going to tell me it's a gentleman's sport. And proper rules of etitique should apply. Bull........:jerkoff:

Well the Sergio waggle didnt help and lefty made it interesting for a while.

Tiger is only 26 with 8 majors if he wins the British open next it will get very interesting because he could average 2 major golf wins a year and tie The Golden Bear when he is barely in his prime.

Yeah I am a Tiger fan

I've always liked 'Combat Golf' where your opponents and anybody who happens to be around can do anything short of hitting the golfer or the ball. You can also put a time limit for each stroke, if your limit goes by you get penalized (in our case, usually that means one round per penalty at the nineteenth).

Serg, put this all on himself, you don't say things to an American legend in New York! Be smart! I don't agree with the crowd talking during swings, but please look at Monty, he bad mouths Americans all the time and he deserves what he gets!

tommy,

What I called Combat Golf, was a golf option I learned about in a golf book by some guy in the Army (maybe caddyshack2 was where he got his idea). There was also DI Golf (something like that), where you had to do 20 pushups for every put (I think you also had to do 20 once you got on the green). No cart, no caddies and you have to do 18! The hotter the clime, the better!

Archived