Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you pay weekly/biweekly/monthly for health insurance through your company?

Originally posted by Grizz

Anyone recommend a specific company/plan for self insured? I am looking for a good family plan.

Do a HSA account. I have a $5,000 deductible plan that costs me $395 per month and I have four kids. You can contribute up to your deductible in a HSA savings account which is tax deductible to pay your physician visits, Rx, etc. A PPO plan for a family my size will run north of $900 per month.

All of you employees are spoiled as well as my employees. It has become a standard operating procedure to switch insurance companies every year. They will low ball your company the first year and then raise it by the maximum allowable thinking you will not waste the time to switch. It's just the way things are now.

$189.57 every 2 weeks. Thats Med,Life, Dental, AD&D, Dep. Life,and something called LTD-MGMT. $15 co-pay on visits to Dr. Nothing for emergency room, lab work and so on. This is all through Blue Cross/ Blue Shield of Northeastern New York I also pay out $237 a month for a 3 million dollar policy on my wife.

Originally posted by TLusby

All of you employees are spoiled as well as my employees. It has become a standard operating procedure to switch insurance companies every year. They will low ball your company the first year and then raise it by the maximum allowable thinking you will not waste the time to switch. It's just the way things are now.

That's so true. This (Aetna) is my 4th different insurance company in the last 7 years. We've actually had them the longest...it's been 3 years...but before we were switching every year.

Guest Gichin13
Originally posted by stevenaa

Seems like their is now a better way to get insurance than just regular health. I forget what it is called, but basically you buy Critical Care coverage, and pay a small amount into an insurance account of some sort. It works out to be much cheaper and you earn interest on the account. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I can straighten out my butcher job.

That can save money ... or leave you basically uncovered for most of the things you use a doctor for. Regular check-ups are not covered. My bet is most prenatal care (and likely birth) not covered. No dental.

That kind of coverage is good if you cannot afford anything else and want protection against serious illness ...

340 a month-ppo plan for myself and two kids,wife's is paid by employer.

Anyone recomend a 6 month gap policy for my son,just untill he reports to Marines?

My new job coming up in June is at a Benefits company. They do an interesting thing in that they offer all of their products to their employees for a few years before actually rolling it out to the general public as a PPO or HMO plan. It's a great consumer testing format and it's one reason why I liked them.

I will have the option of about 30-40 different types of plans to choose from that will range anywhere from $4.00 - $65.,, bi-weekly for the individual rate.

There is so much choice that I will actually have to attend a special class to learn how to best assess my options!

I pay nothing, I'm one of those government employees we all hate so much. My wife just had a child and it cost me a total of $450.00 including all vists, tests, 4 day hospital stay, and c-section surgery. My normal co-pays are $10. Doc and $50. e-room. Perscription is $10 generic and $20. brand name.

But before you all cry about the fact I pay nothing, I hold a position with an accounting degree, I have worked there 10 years and I only make about $45,000. Local private sector is about $10,000 - to $20,000 more a year. So there are trade offs

Archived