Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It would have cost 100 million to keep Baily & Smoot.

There is no way justify spending that kind of money on two players. Especially cornerbacks. I believe Gibbs is teaching Snyder that you don't spend 10% of your total budget on one player. That football is the consumate team game. (Look at Philly & New England) You need 11 guys playing as one, we had it on defense not on offense last year. Coles has no YAC since he broke his big toe, worst injury for speed skill players, look at the film he outran no one and was continually caught from behind. Moss is a huge improvement. Anything is an improvement over Gardner mental incapibilities. Wide receiver good to go! We saved 70 million not signing Smoot and Pierce, excellent move, we replaced Smoot for 18 million with a better talent. We have backers remember, if Pierce hadn't been coached up so well, you could rest assured Barrow would have been in there. Redskins have done something this year they haven't done since JKC died, they were patiencant and spent there money wisely.

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Okay. I have to ask. $100 million?

You ask.

I'll re-state that Roland wasn't going to stay no matter what. I'll also re-state that there was no way they were going to pay Smoot more then Springs.

Originally posted by TK-IV II I

You ask.

I'll re-state that Roland wasn't going to stay no matter what. I'll also re-state that there was no way they were going to pay Smoot more then Springs.

Wrong posters, wrong answer to wrong question. Let's try this again. $100 million?

of course players are only guaranteed the bonus :)

so the $100 million top figure was never really going to be realized given the length of the proposed deals.

but the bent of the post, that no team in the era of the cap can afford to put too much of its money in any one position is accurate.

that's what makes the Lions drafting of Mike Williams odd.

You have all that money already tied up in younger players with big cap numbers and you add a third to single position?

I dont have a problem with the Lion signing Mike Williams. Rogers has been hurt each season. And Mike was the best player on the board. He is good trade bait. Also, You play all three. The top two get to start and the one of them gets traded for need.

Originally posted by jschlesi

Remember that is not all guaranteed money. The real number that counts is the signing bonus.

Ding! We have a winner( or at least close), and whether the bent was right or not doesn't take away from that. Take a more specific look at how those guys may have hurt for cap purposes. Read: Bonus and such. And wkelch, take a look at those 2 little numbers in my first post. Look familiar? Again. Wasn't what I was asking,(well not specifically), or who.

Archived