Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

9, 25, and Gardner to Dolphins for their second overall? KFFL reporting.....

Originally posted by sealskin

Ok, this would kind of suck. I find it hard to believe we would go out and get two receivers in free agency; then turn around and draft Edwards. We should stand pat and hope Williams falls to us. Williams may be alot like Keyshaun physically but is that a bad thing? I dont like Johnson but he is a very good possession receiver (just what we need). It would be too much to give up to move up and get Edwards. Receiver and tackle are the two positions too risky to make this type of deal. There really is no sure thing. Edwards is talented but I would prefer Mike over him. If Williams is taken before us I hope we take Rogers and Miller. Miller may not be Gonzalez but he reminds me of dallas tightend (name escapes me, from Tennessee). Miller and Cooley would open up the middle of the field for Ramsey and provide a good safety valve for him. Moss, Patten and Jacobs can stretch the field. New England, Indianapolis and Philthy used two tightend sets with good results last year. This would also open up the play action and stop the eight man fronts Portis had too deal with so much. Our O-line if healthy is solid right now with decent depth. Williams or Miller would be the better options in my opion. [/quote

Only one tight end goes out on a two tight end set because one have to block because a lineman is out or the quarterback will get crushed. More or less Miller and Cooley are not blocking tight ends so the likely hood of them both being on the field in a two tight end set is slim. The only way you would see Miller and Cooley on the field at the same time, if Miller lines up in the slot.

It's so funny how everyone was saying "Trade Gardner for a bag of chips and a tuna sandwich"....that is, until he's rumored to actually BE traded. Now, giving up the equivalent of a tuna sandwich and chips is "too much" to help move into the #2 spot...lol

By the way, I don't buy for a nanosecond that the Skins are gonna do it...

Just say no to Heath Miller. He reminds me of another Anthony Becht.

I think the Skins might make the move up to #2 with the Fins to get Edwards. If we do, lets all hope that he can be a big year 1 producer. The picks the Vikings have are too high to give up for #2, and with this draft generally being regarded as lacking in star power, I don't know how the Dolphins can justify turning us down with this offer. They are lacking in total picks in this draft, and Saban wants to bring in a bunch of people. Hell, they might even be able to snag Rodgers at 9 if SF takes Smith. Also, getting rid of Gardner makes no difference to us since he's in the last year of his deal, and we don't want some disgruntled ball dropper playing for us anyway.

:2cents:

they trade down from the 9. it's the only logical thing to do. and to be honest cb is not the most important need along defense...it's a DE. last year if it weren't for beyond belief cb play we'd have gotten killed on defense...no pass rush. i'd say their going to trade down a few spots and take merriman/ware. and at 25 they'll go wr. i think g. williams is a big fan of that kid wilds. hey the pats one w/ a ton of rookie CBs.

Archived