Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Classic.....

Art

So, I watched the Redskin shows this afternoon. I also caught the Ravens special prior to the Redskins shows. What struck me was that they had a shot of Billick partying on the sideline as the game was ending. Lewis was next to him, screaming at his players to get into position.

Billick actually had to grab him and say, "Take it easy." He was so intense on the last play of a huge blowout. I'm not a Lewis fan really, but, that type of thing pleased me. I hated seeing Billick prancing around and essentially quit coaching when he felt the game was over. Perhaps Lewis didn't need to be so demonstrative with a huge victory assured on the last play, but, dammit, it was sweet seeing him totally into the game right up until the end. I liked that.

Doesn't mean much. Just that I liked it :).

I really thik our boys are gonna respond to Lewis this year. After the last 2 mellow DCs we've had, think LaVar, Champ, Smoot, Big Daddy will all feel uplifted and supa-motivated! MAN, we've gotta alotta talent on our squad. I think lewis will DEF bring the most out of it.

I just hope he's here for a few years. The last thing I want to see is another one year coaching staff stint:doh:

I'd love to see some passion on the Redskin sidelines for a change. I'm sick of watching a bunch of disengaged professionals calculating the quickest way to get back to their Escalade after the game.

A few years ago I drove to Dallas to watch us beat the Cowboys. I was sure we'd do it, but of course we tanked. That was the game where Ekuban dragged Jeff George around. The Redskin players sat on the benches with their hands folded in their laps. The Cowboys players ringed the sidelines cheering their heads off.

I don't think the Skins players liked or cared about each other. I hope the Spurrier Regime can change that.

What a welcome change some intensity on the sidelines will be(Spurrier will be right up there with Lewis on the intensity scale). I used to get so pissed during the Norv era when they would blow a game and everybody would look like they were thinking,"oh well, sh!t happens". There used to be a couple of players that would get vocal with the rest of the team for not being intense(Marvcus Patton comes to mind), but Norv used to let a lot of crap slide.

Archived