Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Scouts Inc. have us taking... Mike Williams and Fabian Washington

Bozman777

Originally posted by Skins3000

You cannot compare the pros to college. With Washington physical abilities he could turn out to be the best cb in the draft. I have seen many cb in college be shut down corners and then enter the nfl and become toast with butter. Sometimes the scheme makes the cb. I projected the Skins taking Fabian yesterday when we acquired this pick because the Jets have him heavy on their radar screen at 26. Williamson is a beast and I would prefer him because of his blazing speed and decent height which would put fear in all cb heart. I should be Mel Kiper because I saw these two scenarios happening well when we picked up the 25th pick yesterday, before scouts decided to post these results today.

I understand college and pro careers can't be compared. But if you can't compete in college, I don't think you have a shot at the pro level.

Originally posted by Oldskool

I can live with this. I dont think that Williams falls to #9 tho.

Think there is a 50/50 chance.. The teams ahead of us, have various needs.. But then again. You don't draft for need.. Just like we've been saying, if Williams is there, we take him.. I'm sure other teams are thinking the same way. But who knows.. Only 2 more days left!.

Originally posted by RunPortisRun

Start Garnell Wilds...draft DE at 25

You've made fluffy very happy.

I agree someone but I don't think Wilds starts right away. Develope him in the nickle position a bit.. Harris is more then capable of holding down the fort for a year or two. I don't understand what everyone is so worried about.

You cannot compare the pros to college. With Washington physical abilities he could turn out to be the best cb in the draft. I have seen many cb in college be shut down corners and then enter the nfl and become toast with butter. Sometimes the scheme makes the cb. I projected the Skins taking Fabian yesterday when we acquired this pick because the Jets have him heavy on their radar screen at 26. Williamson is a beast and I would prefer him because of his blazing speed and decent height which would put fear in all cb heart. I should be Mel Kiper because I saw these two scenarios happening well when we picked up the 25th pick yesterday, before scouts decided to post these results today.

:doh:

Getting burned in college is not a good sign for a NFL prospect.

Your post is funny to me because Fabian and Williamson are both going to be huge busts. We have a guy on our squad who was a better prospect than Williamson, and we're trying to ship him outta here. The name Gardner ring any bells?:doh:

Williamson has speed, sure. Who doesn't nowadays?

That guy will be nothing more than a #3 receiver in the NFL and I could see him playing a lot of special teams for the next couple years. Remember Trung Candidate? This guy reminds me of him. Tons of speed, but doesn't have the moves to succeed at the next level.

How can you not compare the Pros to College?

Originally posted by illone

Getting burned in college is not a good sign for a NFL prospect.

Your post is funny to me because Fabian and Williamson are both going to be huge busts. We have a guy on our squad who was a better prospect than Williamson, and we're trying to ship him outta here. The name Gardner ring any bells?:doh:

Williamson has speed, sure. Who doesn't nowadays?

That guy will be nothing more than a #3 receiver in the NFL and I could see him playing a lot of special teams for the next couple years. Remember Trung Candidate? This guy reminds me of him. Tons of speed, but doesn't have the moves to succeed at the next level.

How can you not compare the Pros to College?

There is a difference between track stars and football players which you could make a case for Trung but if you read a little bit more carefully, I stated certain players make certain teams schemes. For example, the point you made with Trung, he fit well with the Rams because speed and agility fit their mode on offense. As a matter of fact, when Trung sub for Marshall when he was hurt before the Rams played Carolina I wanna say 2000 year, Trung torched the Panthers for 200+ yards which put Trung on the Radar. Trung subbed quite well for Faulk in the Rams offense which lead the Skins under Spurrier to trade for him. Gardner on the other hand is a possession receiver not a z receiver. Gardner never broke a td in college for 93+ yards nor just flat out burned a cb one in one in college. If you know anything about the pros, speed kills. That is the reason why the Galloways, the Faulks, and Mosses dominanted in the NFL in their prime not to mention great hands. And the question of how can I compare the pros to college easy. Talent and most college teams run plays that some high schools run. NIGHT AND DAY when compared to the pros. That is why Aaron Rodgers is catching so much flack because their style of OFFENSE was not a PRO-STYLE of OFFENSE. Does that clear my post for you or do you need another lesson.

:laugh:

You just proved my point. Thanks.

I know college teams and Pro teams run different schemes, so how can you expect a guy who SUCKED in dumbed down college schemes to excel in NFL schemes? :doh:

That's just laughable.

Fabian sucks. He has speed but his coverage skills are lacking. Go watch the Texas Tech highlights. He got burned and missed tackles ALL day. TT scored 70 points:doh:

If you can make a case for a guy who got OWNED in college, than we will just have to end it at that.

As far as Williamson goes, sure he burned some guys in College. Guys like Fabian who completely suck. Guys who will never make the grade in the NFL. Take a closer look man, really.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=134901

He didn't even have 50 grabs:doh: and look how he disappears in the big games. That's a huge warning sign that he will bust in the NFL. He torched the smaller weaker teams, and he has speed I will give him that. He didn't do enough to warrant a 1st round pick, and he gets tackled easily which is not a good sign.

Clayton is so much better than this guy it's not even funny.

Here are the highlight reels. Make your own decision:

http://www.pmvfx.com/video/DEC-sports/T_williamson.wmv

http://www.nmnathletics.com/video2/...31107162659.wmv

Ironically nobody even heard of Williamson before the draft. I watch College ball religiously, and even though I don't follow the SEC as much as say the Pac-10, I never heard his name. Ever.

Looking at the highlights objectively, the kid has speed. No doubt about that. He can stretch the field which is good. What worries me is his ability to run after the catch. In other words I question his toughness. He goes down very easily. In comparison, Mark Clayton is as tough as they come.

Another lesson for you?:laugh:

Please tell me you guys have been around football long enough to realize that DC is a way of specifying which DB type being referred to. A DB can be either a corner or safety. By calling it DC, it specifies which exact position is being played while using an abbreviation, instead of spelling out corner. Get with it people. Jesus H.

Bruin, come on now. Yes you have proven that DC is actually an appropriate abbreviation for the mans position. However. DC is still more commonly used for Defensive Coordinator. Commonly used or not Defensive Corner does in fact sound stupid as others here have already attested. CB or even LCB/RCB are far more regularly used and/or recognizable abbreviations for that particular position. All that being said I can hardly see how folks can be faulted for erroneously translating DC I mean Jesus H....

You just proved my point. Thanks.

I know college teams and Pro teams run different schemes, so how can you expect a guy who SUCKED in dumbed down college schemes to excel in NFL schemes? :doh:

That's just laughable.

Fabian sucks. He has speed but his coverage skills are lacking. Go watch the Texas Tech highlights. He got burned and missed tackles ALL day. TT scored 70 points:doh:

If you can make a case for a guy who got OWNED in college, than we will just have to end it at that.

As far as Williamson goes, sure he burned some guys in College. Guys like Fabian who completely suck. Guys who will never make the grade in the NFL. Take a closer look man, really.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=134901

He didn't even have 50 grabs:doh: and look how he disappears in the big games. That's a huge warning sign that he will bust in the NFL. He torched the smaller weaker teams, and he has speed I will give him that. He didn't do enough to warrant a 1st round pick, and he gets tackled easily which is not a good sign.

Clayton is so much better than this guy it's not even funny.

Here are the highlight reels. Make your own decision:

http://www.pmvfx.com/video/DEC-sports/T_williamson.wmv

http://www.nmnathletics.com/video2/...31107162659.wmv

Ironically nobody even heard of Williamson before the draft. I watch College ball religiously, and even though I don't follow the SEC as much as say the Pac-10, I never heard his name. Ever.

Looking at the highlights objectively, the kid has speed. No doubt about that. He can stretch the field which is good. What worries me is his ability to run after the catch. In other words I question his toughness. He goes down very easily. In comparison, Mark Clayton is as tough as they come.

Another lesson for you?:laugh:

All I read was :puke: You did not make any valid points and how did I prove your point? If you watched football as religiously as you state you do, but I read you did not watch the SEC, notice I said read, then you would know South Carolina ran a run oriented offense which did not showcase Williamson complete talent. And you state, you are worried about his run after the catch, the man runs a 4.23 40, he would have so much separation it would be ridiculous. And you send highlight film, to justify an NFL career? And once again, I will hold you by the hand and lead you along, if a team is running a pro style offense, and the opponent runs a simple college defense, who is going to win especially when the pro style offense is ran successfully. Now back to Washington and I am going to give you another case and point and maybe this time you will get it. Steven Jackson last year regarded as the best back in the draft last year. Julius Jones who fell off the radar screen at Notre Dame due to the teams poor performance and his injury prone status and some inabilities to step it up when needed. Julius was drafted by the Cowboys, which I hate royally, had a fantastic rookie year because Jones fit Dallas style of running back. DALLAS passed on the hype and saw a player that fit what they are trying to do. Washington was burnt in college but under the right scheme and with some discipline and some commitment on his part then he could be a solid cb especially with GW. And last but not least, look at the last crop of big name corners who did not get burnt in college but stinks in the pros like Newman, Trufant, Woodson, Buchanon, and the list is long compared to no namers who did not have the solid college background but excelled in the pros. Do I need to list those for you too.

Originally posted by DeaconBlue

I can hardly see how folks can be faulted for erroneously translating DC

I can. Because they use that abbreviation throughout the mock for every corner. And don't use my expression. It's mine. Find your own. Jesus H.

All I read was :puke: You did not make any valid points and how did I prove your point? If you watched football as religiously as you state you do, but I read you did not watch the SEC, notice I said read, then you would know South Carolina ran a run oriented offense which did not showcase Williamson complete talent. And you state, you are worried about his run after the catch, the man runs a 4.23 40, he would have so much separation it would be ridiculous. And you send highlight film, to justify an NFL career? And once again, I will hold you by the hand and lead you along, if a team is running a pro style offense, and the opponent runs a simple college defense, who is going to win especially when the pro style offense is ran successfully. Now back to Washington and I am going to give you another case and point and maybe this time you will get it. Steven Jackson last year regarded as the best back in the draft last year. Julius Jones who fell off the radar screen at Notre Dame due to the teams poor performance and his injury prone status and some inabilities to step it up when needed. Julius was drafted by the Cowboys, which I hate royally, had a fantastic rookie year because Jones fit Dallas style of running back. DALLAS passed on the hype and saw a player that fit what they are trying to do. Washington was burnt in college but under the right scheme and with some discipline and some commitment on his part then he could be a solid cb especially with GW. And last but not least, look at the last crop of big name corners who did not get burnt in college but stinks in the pros like Newman, Trufant, Woodson, Buchanon, and the list is long compared to no namers who did not have the solid college background but excelled in the pros. Do I need to list those for you too.

You should try the "enter" key now and then as well as running your post through a grammar/spell checker.:rolleyes:

Anyways, from what I gather your argument is that Fabian Washington will be good because some team will fit him into their system?

That is a horrible point, man. I'm sorry but I'm not buying that for one second. The guy flat out has no heart. He gave up on plays. I've seen it with my own eyes. You can't judge the ENTIRE guys career based on his college years but you can certainly get a good idea. When a guy gets completely OWNED and GIVES up then what you have is a character issue. I will be extremely surprised if Gibbs grabs this guy. To say he would be good in our system is a joke. He can't tackle and he gives up on plays. The only place in the Skins system for a guy like that is on the Bench or off the roster.

Your point about Julius Jones is lost on me because Jackson would have been perfect in that offense not to mention Julius Jones got injured in that system:laugh:

4.23 speed does not guarantee that Williamson will be solid after the catch. All it means is that he has speed. If he is so good after the catch then why does he go down so easily? All the speed in the world doesn't mean squat if you have no moves. I'm surprised you don't know that, but then again you can't spell or type very good either, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

:D

You should try the "enter" key now and then as well as running your post through a grammar/spell checker.:rolleyes:

Anyways, from what I gather your argument is that Fabian Washington will be good because some team will fit him into their system?

That is a horrible point, man. I'm sorry but I'm not buying that for one second. The guy flat out has no heart. He gave up on plays. I've seen it with my own eyes. You can't judge the ENTIRE guys career based on his college years but you can certainly get a good idea. When a guy gets completely OWNED and GIVES up then what you have is a character issue. I will be extremely surprised if Gibbs grabs this guy. To say he would be good in our system is a joke. He can't tackle and he gives up on plays. The only place in the Skins system for a guy like that is on the Bench or off the roster.

Your point about Julius Jones is lost on me because Jackson would have been perfect in that offense not to mention Julius Jones got injured in that system:laugh:

4.23 speed does not guarantee that Williamson will be solid after the catch. All it means is that he has speed. If he is so good after the catch then why does he go down so easily? All the speed in the world doesn't mean squat if you have no moves. I'm surprised you don't know that, but then again you can't spell or type very good either, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Oh boy, usually when an individual lose an argument they attempt mediocre measures to show their incompetence of a subject matter. I understand you played volleyball in high school but if you research college as well as you claim then you would have researched Steven Jackson and why Dallas and several other teams passed on him in the early rounds. Jackson did not fit Dallas scheme. Moss has tremendous speed and that is why his YAC is tremendous, not moves, once again a valid football point. Last response from me to you because it is obvious you only know touchdowns, field goals, and pom, pom, girls.

Originally posted by BruinSkin

I can. Because they use that abbreviation throughout the mock for every corner. And don't use my expression. It's mine. Find your own. Jesus H.

Well given how much time you seem to have been spending looking at the "mocks" I would have assumed that you would have understood why I borrowed your expression. Sorry I just felt, and still do by the way, that you were being far too judgemental about the whole "DC" thing. Of course if that is your opinion then you are more than entitled to it as much as I am entitled to think less of you for it. Look I think some were genuinely confused and most were just having good fun. Either way I don't see any harm. That's all.

IF WE TRADE THE #25 PICK TO OAKLAND FOR R. WOODSON I'D DIE... I WOULD RATHER US TRADE THAT PICK FOR CLEMENS. WOODSON IS OLD, AND HAS NOTHING MORE THAN SCAR TISSUE HOLDING HIS KNEES TOGETHER. I TRULY THINK CLEMENS IS A BETTER FIT FOR US IF WE TRADE THIS PICK.

Oh boy, usually when an individual lose an argument they attempt mediocre measures to show their incompetence of a subject matter. I understand you played volleyball in high school but if you research college as well as you claim then you would have researched Steven Jackson and why Dallas and several other teams passed on him in the early rounds. Jackson did not fit Dallas scheme. Moss has tremendous speed and that is why his YAC is tremendous, not moves, once again a valid football point. Last response from me to you because it is obvious you only know touchdowns, field goals, and pom, pom, girls.

Don't be mad at me because the Skins won't be drafting your boy from Nebraska.

Since when was the argument about Moss?

You are so flustered you can't even get the names right.

Go change your panties, then you can come back and talk with the men about sports.

Seriously, though. It pointless to argue anymore. The skins will not be drafting Fabian Washington, and HOPEFULLY we will not get Williamson. If I am not mistaken we interviewed Williamson but not Fabian. I could be wrong there, but either way I just don't see the need for a WR, especially not a bust like Troy. We definitely need a CB, but my money is on Carlos Rogers with the #9 pick.

See ya.

Don't be mad at me because the Skins won't be drafting your boy from Nebraska.

Since when was the argument about Moss?

You are so flustered you can't even get the names right.

Go change your panties, then you can come back and talk with the men about sports.

Seriously, though. It pointless to argue anymore. The skins will not be drafting Fabian Washington, and HOPEFULLY we will not get Williamson. If I am not mistaken we interviewed Williamson but not Fabian. I could be wrong there, but either way I just don't see the need for a WR, especially not a bust like Troy. We definitely need a CB, but my money is on Carlos Rogers with the #9 pick.

See ya.

You are alright with me young puppy but stay on the porch next time. Oh yeah, the Moss quote was an example of speed producing yards after the catch. You referenced Williamson speed not having anything to do with YAC and I was just giving you an example of speed by a player producing YAC. Do not get your hopes up on Rogers because it is not going to happen.

Archived