Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Richie Incognito

What would you guys think if the Skins drafted him in the third? The way I see it, if Gibbs/Buges/Breaux could work with his anger issues, he could be either a monster center to replace Rabach a few years from now, or to steal Dockery's Left Guard position.

I figure that his anger issues could be an asset on the playing field provided it gets directed in a positive manner(a Jansen-like mean streak). And, at third round salary, it's not a problem if he spends a couple of years as a backup and doesnt' start right away. So he could have plenty of time to get his knee at 100% and we wouldnt' have to worry about starting a rookie O-lineman.

Originally posted by skinsguy29

...Look at Dexter Manley.

I'm not sure I follow your logic. Gibbs kept Dex in line long enough for him to be a very solid contributor to the team, and, I believe, got rid of him when the personal problems got in the way of his play. It seems like Gibbs takes issue with people who have on the field problems, not off the field issues(Riggo, Dex, etc.)

I know I was too young to remember Manley, but didnt he play solid for us a good 8-9 years? Him, Charles Mann, Dave Butz, those guys posted insane numbers.

Incognito hurt himself a little at the combine, that may make him fall even more, not sure if he's recovered though. He has major problems being kicked out of both Nebraska and Oregon this season. I would not mind taking his risk though, he seems to be a monster guard/center, but he needs to channel that anger like you said. He would add some nastyness to our line as well.

He's said to be one of the more talented interior OL in the draft this year. Unfortunately, all that talent is wasted on a ten cent head that can't be controllled.

The only way he's drafted by us is if the value is overwhelming and the risk low. A 7th round pick rarely makes the club other than practice squad of an above average special teamer... but his talent in the 7th round would be a steal. If he's there, I'm all for drafting him and hoping Gibbs and CO. can straighten out his personal life.

Originally posted by jimster

What kind of anger issues are we talking about?

If he has some serious issues, I might be a little more concerned about the trouble he could get into when he's NOT around the team.

This isn't hugely informative, but should give you a bit of an idea about the guy.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/c/richieincognito.html

Archived