Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's everbody's take on the TO situation?

js161

I'm sorry, but the Eagles are pretty damn good with T.O., and they're pretty damn good without him. Plus, they've got an excellent front office and a head coach with a firm handle on the team. Unfortunately, there's no way T.O. brings that franchise down. The likely scenario here is this all blows over, or he gets traded and the Eagles do fine without him. Either way, I expect the Eagles to be very, very competitive next year.

Further, it's not like he was responsible for the 49ers free-fall, but that's a different matter...

T.O.'s work ethic and passion are extremely admirable. There's no denying that. He's just a little baby primadonna who shows his colors almost every offseason, sort of like another gentlemen who we as Redskins fans are familiar with (albeit to a lesser extent). Bufford had a good point too, which is that he showed a good side to his character when checking on his good friend Shawn Springs this past year.

I don't hate on T.O. like some of you all do. I wouldn't want him on this team, but if you expect him to bring down the Eagles... prepare to be disappointed.

Originally posted by SkinsFTW

And he also made no difference on the Eagles season. They got to the SB without him this time and when he came back for the game they lost anyway. Why is he worth more again?

I disagree with part of this statement. He made a helluva a difference last season. The Eagles actually have another player other than McNabb for defenses to worry about. Yes they made the Super Bowl without him in the playoffs but if TO was not an Eagle last season Philly still wins the NFC East, BUT probably would have ended up going to Atlanta instead of having a home game.

He is a really good WR and he is worth alot of money, which he already makes. The least he could have done was wait until after next season to run his mouth, provided he produced and the Eagles won a bunch of games. TO should just STFU right now.

If you Eagles want the REPUTATION of making non-negotiable contracts then bench him or cut him. Otherwise, give in. TO shouldn't have mouthed off, but aside from that, for all intensive purposes the eagles were going to screw him next year. Right now he holds the cards... next year they do. I think TO is right in what is doing. Look at what they Patriots did with Troy Brown. He gave up offensive incentives to help the defense. Now where is? Its too bad its the fans that lose on this one...

Originally posted by RockyMountainHog

I hate to say this, but the Eagles have 11 picks in the draft with 6 or so on day 1. They could make it without TO and probably didn't need him in the first place.They knew what they were getting and gambled it would get them a ring.

I am pleased it will cause distraction in Eagle camp.

I bet it has caused more of a distraction among fans then players.. I'm sure McNabb is none to happy with Owens, but McNabb is a warrior. Like him or not, he is the eagles and Andy Reid is a hell of a coach. He's not going to let his guys fall from grace because of Owen's big mouth.. As much as I hate the eagles as a rival, I respect them in the same breath.

Archived