Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Williams with words for Santana?

dfbovey

Sorry if this has been posted...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3540962

Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com

WILLIAMS' LESSON LEARNED: Had the chance to spend Tuesday afternoon with USC WR Mike Williams at a place in Tampa named Flemming's Barbeque for a TV piece that will air on FOX Sports Net Across America this Sunday night.

I didn't know much about the kid until I spent some time with him, but what happens all too often in this game, my entire view of him changed. Not just what he said on camera but something he said afterward completely blew me away.

Another young receiver, who shall remain nameless, recently called Williams and told him he's hanging out in a party city rather than working out with his NFL team. Instead of pumping up his crony, he chastised him for not busting his butt enough after not performing up to his potential. How many young kids would do that? Very, very mature for a kid who has all too often been blasted for not making mature decisions.

As for those decisions, I asked him if there was one thing he regretted during these past 15 months of inactivity.

"I would have finished school," he said candidly. "I would have finished that spring semester, worked out and trained at USC and not hired an agent. I wasn't as educated about the process as I could have been or as I am now."

What exactly went into that decision?

"I just said whatever decision I made I was going to stick to it and go 100 percent and when I decided to leave school and become a professional I had to leave school, leave the environment, go train and be focused. In doing so, I violated rules that came back to get me in the end."

He was nothing like I expected him to be. By the way, if he lasts past No. 8, I'd be shocked. If he got past No. 5, I may even be a bit surprised.

Perhaps (this is a small if) the WR is Shockey. I know he's a tight end, but Santana would be the only WR if you don't think like this.

Either way, I am now officially on the Mike Williams bandwagon. Even though the Damn Vikes are going to take him before we get the chance......

Thats very cool that you got to meet this kid. I really think that he is going to be a stud, and as much as I think that we are in desprete need of a CB If Mike Williams is still on the board at number 9 we'd be extremely foolish not to take him.

Another young receiver, who shall remain nameless, recently called Williams and told him he's hanging out in a party city rather than working out with his NFL team. Instead of pumping up his crony, he chastised him for not busting his butt enough after not performing up to his potential. How many young kids would do that? Very, very mature for a kid who has all too often been blasted for not making mature decisions.

I don't understand this quote, did somebody call Williams and tell him this, or did Williams call somebody and inform them of these thoughts?

Originally posted by jrfriedm

I don't understand this quote, did somebody call Williams and tell him this, or did Williams call somebody and inform them of these thoughts?

I had to read that a couple times, as well. It's more understandable if you break it up like this:

Another young receiver, who shall remain nameless, recently called Williams and told him he's hanging out in a party city rather than working out with his NFL team.

Instead of pumping up his crony, Williams chastised him for not busting his butt enough after not performing up to his potential. How many young kids would do that? Very, very mature for a kid who has all too often been blasted for not making mature decisions.

Originally posted by CrazyZeb

I had to read that a couple times, as well. It's more understandable if you break it up like this:

Another young receiver, who shall remain nameless, recently called Williams and told him he's hanging out in a party city rather than working out with his NFL team.

Instead of pumping up his crony, Williams chastised him for not busting his butt enough after not performing up to his potential. How many young kids would do that? Very, very mature for a kid who has all too often been blasted for not making mature decisions.

Okay!!! That makes sense now!! Thanks Zeb!! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by jrfriedm

Thats very cool that you got to meet this kid. I really think that he is going to be a stud, and as much as I think that we are in desprete need of a CB If Mike Williams is still on the board at number 9 we'd be extremely foolish not to take him.

Just to clear this up...

I didn't speak with Williams or meet him, Jay Glazer of Fox Sports did. I just posted the article.

Why would anybody think he was referring to Santana Moss? Moss went to the U, not USC and nowhere have we read that he's hanging out partying instead of working out.

I would think it's someone that went to school with him last year at USC.

He's probably referring to someone like WR Keary Colbert of the Carolina Panthers.

Why would anybody think he was referring to Santana Moss? Moss went to the U, not USC and nowhere have we read that he's hanging out partying instead of working out.

I don't know if he was talking about Moss or not, hopefully not. However, I do believe Williams is from Florida, so there may be some conection between them.

To be honest, Moss seems to be in Miami working out, yes. But I don't see him as a bragging party kinda guy. He seems very humble.

From everything we've heard he's hungry to be top notch, he just wants a new contract and that's why he isn't at Redsksins Park. Even Gibbs seems to understand this more than people at ES.

I don't condone the behavior, but these guys do usually only get one chance at a contract that can make them. This is Santana's chance. I don't condone it, but I understand.

My vote is for Colbert being mentioned in the article. Or someone from closer to his home in TB, like Rod Gardner.:D'

Archived