Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBQ in LA?

Ignatius J.

So this god-f@$*ing-d@$%^ed thread about smoking pulled pork has really gotten me in the mood for some BBQ.

But I live in beverly hills CA. Which means I don't get to have BBQ. Especially since my girlfriend is a vegetarian. We can get an entire salad on top of pizza in a store right down the street though, which I guess makes up for it. :doh:

Anyway, the chick is out of town for a week, and thread has gotten me hankering for some BBQ. I have been in LA for 6 years, and I have yet to find edible BBQ.

Is there edible BBQ in LA? Especially near beverly hills?

Can anyone help me out?

(and no tony romas does not count)

I feel you pain. My mom used to live in LA so I visited her during the summer and by the end I always had some hankerin for good BBQ.

Assuming you want something more than the standard fare at places like Tony Romas, you could try Dr. Hogly Wogly (I think that was the name.) They got pretty good texas style BBQ (kinda reminded me of famous daves in NOVA).

There is a pretty good place in Culver City:

Santa Maria Barbeque Co

Address: 9739 Culver Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232

Phone: (310) 559-5709

There is also a pretty good place in the valley. It is worth checking out once. The portions are insane and it's always busy. It's:

Dr Hogly Wogly's Tyler Texas BBQ

Address: 8136 Sepulveda Blvd, Van Nuys, CA 91402

Phone: (818) 902-9046

Originally posted by Ignatius J.

Well I'm going to forget, but if you remember when the season starts, you should bring this up.

everyone else, thanks a lot, I'm going to check out this Hogly Woglies place.

You'll be glad you did. The decor isn't much, but it's the best BBQ on the west coast, far as I know.

Just got back from Dr. Hogly's. Definately going to go back there sometime. It felt like a space warp. I walked in there, and all the waitresses had hoarse voices from smoking too much, with eighties looking curls in thier hair. I parked next to a mustang with two american flags on the hood. I had to pinch myself to remember that 16 minutes ago I was in beverly hills.

I asked the waitress what the best thing they had was, and she told me to get the brisket. Pretty Good stuff. Not as tender as I was expecting, but brisket is hard to get real tender, so the pieces just fall off.

Anyway, I would definately reccomend the place to anyone in LA who needs a little bit of BBQ.

Archived