Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hurricanes in the Finals

Brave

Congrats to the Carolina Hurricanes for advancing to the Stanley Cup Finals tonight with an OT win over Toronto. By far the most successful year in franchise history.

Stanley Cup Finals games in Raleigh, NC. Who'd of thunk it? :)

It's been a nice run and I'm pulling for them all the way but ... it

probably doesn't matter whether they face Colorado or Detroit, they'll be going up against a far better team and the smart money says the run ends here.

Stranger things have happened, though. Let's go Canes!

I am going for the Canes! I don’t like either team from the Western Conference and it is cool to see a team make it from the Southeast Division make it to the Stanley Cup Finals (even if it is not the Caps)

I like what the guy on Sports Center said "The Carolina beating Montreal and Toronto on their way to the Stanley Cup Finals is like Tampa Bay beating Boston and the New York Yankees on their way to the World Series."

You've got it, panel. Only in one game out of six in the finals did they score more than 2 goals ... and that was 3. They seem to win every game 2-1.

Good defense, good goalie play and a clutch play here and there and they've kept advancing.

They'll need more than that in the finals, though.

Congrats to Brave and the other Carolina fans. You beat my Leafs soundly. We just didnt have enough to beat you guys. Yoiu were better organized, better coached and well just darn right played better hockey.

Good luck in the finals. It would be nice to see an underdog win.

Thanks Romo sits to pee.

What a finish, eh? That's twice the Leafs tied the game in the last 30 seconds only to lose in OT. One or two of those go the other way and it could have been the Leafs moving on.

How about the scores!

2-1 Leafs

2-1 Canes (OT)

2-1 Canes (OT)

3-0 Canes

1-0 Leafs

2-1 Canes (OT)

No doubt that the Canes win with defense. Toronto never scored more than 2 goals in a game and only scored 6 for the 6-game series. Good defense and good goalkeeping (which is exactly what kept Toronto in the series as well).

Uh oh. Time for a reality check. :)

I think the Canes can compete if not beat either of Colorado-Detroit. Toronto was the highest scoring team from the East in the regular season. Yes they are not in the calibre of Colorado-Detroit but Carolina proved they could beat a good defensive team (NJ), a fast hungry team (Montreal) and a veteran "high-scoring" team (Toronto).

Look at the goalies they've beaten too.

Brodeur

Theodore

Joseph

No slouches in the bunch. Hasek and Roy are superb but If Carolina can beat those 3 goalies who is to say they cant add another to the mantle?

Looks like we'll be playing the Red Wings. Man did they crush Colorado tonight or what?! 7-0. Yikes!

Hope they got some of that offense out of their system 'cause I doubt they'll be scoring like that in the next series.

Dominik Hasek has 5 shutouts in this playoff series alone, that’s amazing! In my opinion his the best ever, he'll be tough to beat, but I'm not going to count out any possibility, anything can happen in the finals.

Hasek is tough, no doubt, but the Canes have gone against very good goalies in each of their three series. Brodeur , Theodore and Joseph. All were palying very well, too, except in a couple of spots.

I don't see the Canes scoring much in this series. Any games they win will likely continue to be 2-1 goalie duels like we've seen so far. But they've gotten here doing that so we'll just have to see if it can continue.

Archived