Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT: A familiar story

fuji869

This is an area that us Redskins Fans are familiar with.

Issaquah High School, a local school up here in the Seattle Area whose mascot is the "Indians", school board decided to change the name because it is offensive (a story we have heard way too often).

This was meet by a huge protest and a rally by the student body and Parents and Students to keep the "Indians" Mascot.

I guess not ALL the people in this part of the country are as PC as I thought!

I say change the Name to the Pioneers so minorities and spineless guilt ridden liberal white dudes and dudettes will label the new nickname racist and offensive because it doesnt include other minorities which means the school isnt showing "diversity" liberal code word for dumbing down of America's greatness.

I'd like to see the Hockey team here change the Name to the Capitalists wth the new mascot being a grinning CEO behind a desk with piles of money

I remember one reporter naming his list of best High School nicknames, gave his nod to "Ortofino, IN. Home of the state mental institution and the Ortofino Maniacs".

(I wonder if they've had to change it).

Now, ask yourselves:

1) When was the last time you heard somone call someone else a "Redskin", and intend it as an insult?

2) When was the last time you heard somone call someone else a "Yankee", and intend it as an insult?

Archived