Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MD Defensive highlights (Merriman)

illone

Originally posted by Taylor Made

So any games in particular where Merriman shines, I don't have the time to look through all of them.

Check the Clemson reel:D

*edit, you are looking for #45 (just in case you didn't know)

Originally posted by VAsBeachBoy

Seriously what year is Jackson GGGGGGOOOOOODDDDD!!!!!!!

Yea, he seems like the team leader on defense. He's the same YR as Merriman but is staying in school another year most likely because he is a bit small for the NFL.

For those of you who didn't know Merriman is #45.

Illone great post. Personally, I am a Terps fan, and despite probably the most disappointing season under the Fridge, Maryland had arguably its greatest win against FSU last year. Thx Illone, it brought back good memories that I had forgotten due to the disappointing ending to the Terps season, and not making a bowl game.

By the way, I think D'Qwell is a senior this year. I'm not sure, but he had as good a year as Merriman had last year. D'Qwell is #52 if anyone didn't know, he also is in almost every highlight.

Everyone watch the FSU highlight.

Originally posted by goskins

I'd love to see Jackson in B&G in a year.

Merriman looks solid, but small (at least from the game film) for NFL DE.

Any terp fans, a question for you, is he worth a #9 overall?

Thanks, I haven't watched the terps much this year.

6'4 272 is not small for a DE. In those clips he is 245, but he recently weighed in at 272 at the combine.

Yes he absolutely is worth a #9 pick.

Originally posted by mookie0720

VT hasn't put out a Merriman caliber player since Vick,

Come on now, Marlyand has never put out a player on the level of Vick. That is understandable considering the level of Vick as a player. In the area of DE's I would say Bruce Smith was a good VT product wouldn't you? (but since Vick we have had some good players gone to the NFL too, too early to tell if they will succeed, I am talking about last years class with Jake Grove DHall and KJ.

I see the guy as an ahlete but he played stand up end as I understand, how much regular (three point stance) end did he play? Can he be a good pass rusher from that position while solid in the run? Besides his extreme weight gain is kind of disturbing, how did he gain so much weight so fast? probably 'roids.

Originally posted by mookie0720

VT hasn't put out a Merriman caliber player since Vick,

Now, now. Do I sense sour grapes?

DeAngelo Hall is as gifted as any CB you see these days.

I wouldn't mind the Merriman pick, but no need to hate on the Hokies.

(How's about playing us at Fedex one year?)

:D

Archived