Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MVP Baseball 2005

skinsfan83

What team you using?? I'm using the Orioles of course and man that offense is awesome. They under-rated Brian Roberts in this game...he sucks. the rest of the lineup is dangerous. starting pitching staff is kinda poo, but i usually don't give up many runs with my starting pitchers unless i'm playing the yankees or red sox lol. owner's mode sure is fun, but i'm still trying to figure out how to make money instead of keep losing it lol....online play takes awhile to get used to cause it seems a little bit slower then offline play. Awesome game though...

I use the Nats and I'm in my second year of owner mode. It's really hard to turn a profit though! But I'm winning now behind my hitting (Dave Newhan was an FA, Guillen and Vidro are good, Castilla can hit).

You gotta give your team a couple of years to turn a profit. It looks like I'll have a season profit at the end of year two, but I haven't had much time to play.

In my first year, i was the Nats and Brad wilkerson had 35 dongs through 2/3's of the year....simulated and missed the wild card by one game to the mets. Termell Sledge was pretty good. Id like to get a Short Stop with a better arm though. Although Guzman hit pretty well on the season.

• 5 weeks later...

I got this game the week it came out but only started playing it this week.

I am the Cubs. Pitching is obviously awesome. I traded Sosa away and I am struggling to get the ole offense going. Very good game though. I enjoy the owner mode. I am only 9 games in so I am not really making or losing money. I like playing a few AAA games now and again also although I wish the stadiums were accurate. Only because I loved the Iowa Cubs stadium when I lived in Des Moines. Great place to see a game!

I did Owner mode with a Fantasy draft. I missed the playoffs by one game the first season, then i stopped playing it for a couple of weeks.

I can't use the Yankees cause they're just too good. The game is easy when everybody is rated an 85. the fantasy draft mode is good, because the teams are balanced. Even though I have Albert Pujols & Carlos Beltran, I don't have a lot of good pitching. So i win games 9-7, and when i simulate, i find myself losing more than usual.

Great game though, which is good because there's not a new one next year

I alternate between the O's and the Cards. I agree with the first post, they made Roberts pretty weak.

Has anyone turned a profit? I was so far under by 3/4's of the first season, I said screw it. Then after the 2nd season, they took my ownership away...game over in other words :)

I wanted to try it again, but everywhere I've looked, everyone I've talked to said it's damn near impossible to make one.

Any success amongst you guys?

Archived